• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merguson

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Ummm all of you shut the fuck up.

How about the fact that the Halo 2 BR actually killed the other other player if you AIMED at them.

I drew a picture:

halo2wins.jpg
[/IMG]

Basically H2 > H3. H3 noobified so more noobs can play it. Face that. Face it hard.

It's harder to kill people with a BR in Halo 3 than it is in Halo 2.

Halo 3 takes more skill. Halo 2 is made easier with all these button glitches.

Face that. Face it hard.

So hard.

Hard that it penetrates your soul.

Speaking of Halo 2: I couldn't stay up late enough to play with you guys but I did play some TS with a couple buddies earlier in the evening. Managed to get up to a level 31. Almost as high as back in my heyday :D

Tashi0106 said:
Whoa whoa whoa...that was a bullshit FFA. It started with 4 people where you and I got off ahead of the other 2 and then a bunch more people flooded in. I got lagged out for the 352nd time and then didn't join back in. That's the reason you won that FFA lol. I just had to make that clear. I'm down for a rematch tonight if my internet will cooperate.

True you woulda won. But yes lets do H2 tonight again!

Merguson said:
It's harder to kill people with a BR in Halo 3 than it is in Halo 2.

Halo 3 takes more skill. Halo 2 is made easier with all these button glitches.

Face that. Face it hard.

So hard.

It's harder to kill people with a Needler in Halo 2 than it is in Halo 3.

Halo 2 takes more skill. Halo 3 is made easier with all these button glitches removed.

Face that. Face it hard.

So hard.

Bryant

Man, H2 is so much better. I remember the good ol days of being able to hold a sniper, just sweep across my screen and get a headshot randomly. Some people never figured that out, but those of us who did had leet pro skills. I mean your crosshairs didnt even have to be red most of the time, just kinda close to a person. I also loved the plasma pistol, best weapon ever? YES. It would follow people around corners, and all you had to do is fire in the general area that they were standing! Also, all of those kids who didnt learn to BXR, I laughed at how much they sucked. Superjumps and BXRs were not glitches, nay, they were a whole new level of pro that halo 3 just destroyed.

/end sarcasm Halo 3 is better game, it took halo 2, fixed what was broken and improved upon it. They are both great games, but one is better.

Merguson

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
It's harder to kill people with a Needler in Halo 2 than it is in Halo 3.

Halo 2 takes more skill. Halo 3 is made easier with all these button glitches removed.

Face that. Face it hard.

So hard.

Sniper..

You get the drift.

Striker

Unregistered007 said:
Thats because they cheated to get to level 50 in the first place. I think at the end of the day, I really enjoy playing Halo 3, for the 300 matches I have played so far. I think the most awesome thing would be to have a HALO on 360 that looks as good or close to Killzone... not starting a debate here. Also I usually play Lone Wolfs, is there a team oriented mode that I can try.
Yeah, the rank system now is out of whack, and if you create an alt, you'll get a 50 pretty fast, as long as you're pretty good.

If you enjoy team games and want to get a 50, the best playlist would probably be Team Slayer. Team Objective needs a lift in playlist management so it can get a high population. You gotta be really good on the sticks for MLG/Snipers. Squad Battle has a hard time finding games consistently to get a high enough rank. In my view, the most fun playlist I enjoy is Team Objective, since I love flag, bomb, and KotH.

Blueblur1 said:
I understand the current argument but personally I enjoyed Halo 2 more. I feel that the campaign is much more engaging, the multiplayer maps are some of the best in the series and the playlists were great during its second and third year.

It also has its cons: standbying, glitching objects through walls, modding and playlist updates were few and far between. But I had a better experience with Halo 2 because Halo was still pretty fresh and exciting for my friends and
I can't recall specifically how long between updates Ninja updated, but when he did do them, they were impact changes. Not a change by simply changing a Rocket timer or adding a box to a certain map. Changes were made to add variety, freshness to all playlists, and entertainment.

All this, mind you, without Forge capabilities and weaker stronghold against cheaters.

Thanks Urk and Ghaleon, I finished texturing and I am working on the final shaders and scene as of now. I'll post a teaser pic in a minute or two

EDIT:

Teaser

20idyiw.jpg

Blueblur1

Striker said:
I can't recall specifically how long between updates Ninja updated, but when he did do them, they were impact changes. Not a change by simply changing a Rocket timer or adding a box to a certain map. Changes were made to add variety, freshness to all playlists, and entertainment.

All this, mind you, without Forge capabilities and weaker stronghold against cheaters.
Very true. That's why the playlists were still great during the game's 2nd and 3rd year. Ninja's updates would completely remove/add new playlists and make large changes to existing ones. It was well worth the wait.

I just feel like I have a lot more fun while playing Halo 2. I played Halo 2 almost everyday for 3 years until Halo 3 came out. Now, I play Halo 3 once a week at most. I feel that maps make or break a game. The maps in Halo 2 are far superior to those in Halo 3. I havn't really liked very many Halo 3 maps until the introduction of Sandbox, and even then Bungie isn't making those maps. Halo 2 maps were amazing.

Headlong is my favorite map of the series, bar none. The downloadable maps in Halo 2 were great as well. Only with the recent Mythic maps, have I been impressed with Halo 3's maps. Assembly is a great map.

I think Deputy Moonman mentioned that vehicles should be easier to kill. I agree comepletely. In Halo 3, the ghost and warthog can cause some serious damage. A foot soldier should be able to take them out with a well-placed plasma nade. With the difficulty of sticking a vehicle, it is rediculous that a sticky grenade may not kill a warthog or a ghost. That is just the stupidest thing ever.

I was hoping to join you guys for Halo 2 night but something came up. Sad cause it looks like that is going to be the last GAF Halo 2 night for a while.

Merguson

Banned
Stormtrooper30 said:
I think Deputy Moonman mentioned that vehicles should be easier to kill. I agree comepletely. In Halo 3, the ghost and warthog can cause some serious damage. A foot soldier should be able to take them out with a well-placed plasma nade. With the difficulty of sticking a vehicle, it is rediculous that a sticky grenade may not kill a warthog or a ghost. That is just the stupidest thing ever.

Sounds like teamwork fail.

KevinRo

Dax01 said:
Definitely. I can't even go back and play Halo 2 for no more than a couple of hours thanks to Halo 3. Halo 3 is just a better game in terms of weapons balance, gameplay, and vehicles (those things really make all the difference). I prefer the maps on Halo 3, really because I don't understand the love for Terminal or Headlong.

If you're really that desperate, I have two extra 360s lying around.:lol

I'll buy one for 100 and I'll pay for shipping. If it's RROD i'll hunt you down.

Nutter

A sticky to a Ghost SHOULD kill it, however it doesnt. A Stick to damaged Warthog should kill it..but it doesnt.
I have seen it not do anything to either; other than make them fly many times.

Willeth

Nutter said:
A sticky to a Ghost SHOULD kill it, however it doesnt. A Stick to damaged Warthog should kill it..but it doesnt.
I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on where on the vehicle you stick it.

Nutter said:

I wish a sticky would at least knock out the electronics in a vehicle for a bit. Like what the PP and power drainer do.

Thermite

KevinRo said:
Yes teamwork fail. Say that to the Gauss Hog on Standoff Heavies. Right.

Considering there's 3-5 Spartan Lasers on Standoff Heavies, plus two Missile Pods, yep, I'd say it's definitely a teamwork fail.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Grimm Fandango said:
I wish a sticky would at least knock out the electronics in a vehicle for a bit. Like what the PP and power drainer do.

Well, that would pretty much guarantee the kill, so basically, frags would be neutered to crap against vehicles...

Altho I still wonder why only the overcharge on the PP works to drain warthogs. "emp" overcharge aside, I think it would have been cool for plasma rifles or the grenades to at least slow the vehicles down.

Striker

KevinRo said:
I'll buy one for 100 and I'll pay for shipping. If it's RROD i'll hunt you down.
Didn't bother finding his post, but I can't believe a guy would rage a boner for Gemini but not for 1-sided great objective maps like Headlong and Terminal. That's what Halo 3 is missing the most. High Ground and Last Resort are good, but there isn't anything else to stand a chance. Ghost Town is Halo 3's answer to Turf, in terms of size, but they need more, larger scale battle sized maps. Longshore may help, but that's still one map.

KevinRo

Thermite said:
Considering there's 3-5 Spartan Lasers on Standoff Heavies, plus two Missile Pods, yep, I'd say it's definitely a teamwork fail.

Uhm, there is only one spartan laser in the middle of the map wtf are you talking about? That gametype is so stupid. Also with the retarded netcode in halo3 trying to kill a gunner off of a warthog is near impossible as your bullets don't freaking register when they hit his head.

Merguson

Banned
KevinRo said:
Uhm, there is only one spartan laser in the middle of the map wtf are you talking about? That gametype is so stupid. Also with the retarded netcode in halo3 trying to kill a gunner off of a warthog is near impossible as your bullets don't freaking register when they hit his head.

Inside the bases?

GhaleonEB

Willeth said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on where on the vehicle you stick it.
It does. The armor on the front of a Ghost blows off on the first stick to the front. The second, even to the front, kills it. One stick to the side near the driver will kill the driver, both Chopper and Ghost, but the vehicle will survive if they are new. Likewise, a 'hog with one stick to the front or back won't kill it; a second will. But you can kill the driver or gunner if the first stick is right by them.

So, it depends.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There were a few people who were having the same problem. It took me a few games to get used to pressing X to reload and right bumper to switch grenades. After a little while though I was grenade reloading like I used to :D

Lazslo

fin said:
Playing Halo 2 last night was weird. The lack of bumper-jumper was annoying lol

Yeah, I jumped into Juice's game, had some lag, changed the type of nades instead of jumping then quit. If I want to rock H2, I seriously need to train my brain for a couple games. It's really nostalgic going back though.

EazyB

Banned
Looks as good as recon could look, DcLevartho. Nice job.

And here's the most up to date map list:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest Changes:
5.14 Striker's Access (updated)
5.10 Vhfive's Sanctum 2.2 (updated)
5.08 DualX has a variety great infection maps in his fileshare
5.08 Ghaleon's Entrenched 1.4 (updated)
4.30 Vhfiive's Sanctum v2.1 (updated)
4.29 Butane's Chimera
4.29 DualX's Train Station (updated?)
4.28 Grimm's map Turf v3 (updated)
4.23 Ghaleon's Sandstorm 2.0

Sixthsubset's GAF map blog.

Map maker - Map(s)
Alisdair Bnet - Aspirite v2
Bladed Expert Bnet – Mage v2.2
Butane123 Bnet - Chimera, Neosho 1.2
Dax01 Bnet – Outskirts, Geminie
DeputyMoonman Bnet - Goldmine v1.5
DualX Bnet - Train Station?, Infection gametype and maps
EazyB Bnet- Brouhaha v1, Ber Ber Creek, Ber Ber Customs, Rise v3.1
Exfixate Bnet - Gangplank Galley
Fin Bnet - Refuge v1
FourDoor Bnet - Air Stream 0.2
Ghaleon Bnet - Sandstorm 2.1, Entrenched 1.4
GM Bullfrog Bnet – Kulkukan
Grimm Fandango Bnet – Turf II v3
Havok Bnet - Agartha, Phaeton
Insaniac Bnet - Sky Perch
Metroidvania Bnet - Mountain 1.04
Merguson Bnet – Firmament v1.2
Nokyard Bnet - Grifball High, Grifball Palace
Oozer Bnet - Remnant a1.0
Silly.Mikey Bnet - So High
Spirit Bnet– Pitfall V2, Worship
Spudbud Bnet - gave up on life
Striker Bnet - Access
Vhfive Bnet - Platform, Sanctum 2.2, Flying Dutchman
Vociferous Bnet - Abaddon

Tools
Fourdoor - All default objects moved to crypt
Nokyard - Girfball High can be modified to take advantage of it's existing flat flooring in the sky bubble.
Vociferous - All objects on the ground moved aside so that they aren't in the way.
Vociferous - All default objects moved to the skybubble

MM Sandbox Variants
Utah Mambo
Punishment v2
Vessel
Cubed
Plurality
Tundra
Tundra Swat
Vindictive

Still on the lookout for:
Wastelands

Highlights
Since there was a recent sure n nostalgia feeding, I've decided to highlight some of the decent remakes I've found on Forgehub. If someone has a link to that relic remake, post it.

Tombstone
Ivory Tower
Damnation
Geminie
Boarding Action
Ascension
Prisoner

KevinRo

Tashi0106 said:
There were a few people who were having the same problem. It took me a few games to get used to pressing X to reload and right bumper to switch grenades. After a little while though I was grenade reloading like I used to :D

uhm all you do is press x after you throw the damn grenade. it wasn't like it was anything special nub. trying pulling off a double double shot. omg, i loved doing that on midship. i could hold pink2 like no other.

My Comcast internet has been going on and off every 5 minutes. So fucking annoying.

I hope I can partake in customs but if it keeps doing it in a few hours, I won't.

Oh and that helmet is sexy as hell. Wouldn't mind seeing a dark blue and black version.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
KevinRo said:
uhm all you do is press x after you throw the damn grenade. it wasn't like it was anything special nub. trying pulling off a double double shot. omg, i loved doing that on midship. i could hold pink2 like no other.

yea thanks i got it. But after not playing so long it took a while to get into the rhythm to the point where I did it without thinking about it. My double shots were failing me yesterday : (

Grimm Fandango said:
My Comcast internet has been going on and off every 5 minutes. So fucking annoying.

I hope I can partake in customs but if it keeps doing it in a few hours, I won't.

Oh and that helmet is sexy as hell. Wouldn't mind seeing a dark blue and black version.

31472n8.jpg

2ryn0jl.jpg

vhfive

EazyB said:
Looks as good as recon could look, DcLevartho. Nice job.

And here's the most up to date map list:

Latest Changes:
5.14 Striker's Access (updated)
5.08 DualX has a variety great infection maps in his fileshare
5.08 Ghaleon's Entrenched 1.4 (updated)
5.08 Ghaleon's Elevated 1.2 (updated)
4.30 Vhfiive's Sanctum v2.1 (updated)
4.29 Butane's Chimera
4.29 DualX's Train Station (updated?)
4.28 Grimm's map Turf v3 (updated)
4.23 Ghaleon's Sandstorm 2.0

Sixthsubset's GAF map blog.

Map maker - Map(s)
Alisdair Bnet - Aspirite v2
Bladed Expert Bnet – Mage v2.2
Butane123 Bnet - Chimera, Neosho 1.2
Dax01 Bnet – Outskirts, Geminie
DeputyMoonman Bnet - Goldmine v1.5
DualX Bnet - Train Station?, Infection gametype and maps
EazyB Bnet- Brouhaha v1, Ber Ber Creek, Ber Ber Customs, Rise v3.1
Exfixate Bnet - Gangplank Galley
Fin Bnet - Refuge v1
FourDoor Bnet - Air Stream 0.2
Ghaleon Bnet - Elevation 1.2, Sandstorm 2.0, Centrifugal, Entrenched 1.4
GM Bullfrog Bnet – Kulkukan
Grimm Fandango Bnet – Turf II v3
Havok Bnet - Agartha, Phaeton
Insaniac Bnet - Sky Perch
Metroidvania Bnet - Mountain 1.04
Merguson Bnet – Firmament v1.2
Nokyard Bnet - Grifball High, Grifball Palace
Oozer Bnet - Remnant a1.0
Silly.Mikey Bnet - So High
Spirit Bnet– Pitfall V2, Worship
Spudbud Bnet - gave up on life
Striker Bnet - Access
Vhfive Bnet - Platform, Sanctum v2.1, Flying Dutchman
Vociferous Bnet - Abaddon

Tools
Fourdoor - All default objects moved to crypt
Nokyard - Girfball High can be modified to take advantage of it's existing flat flooring in the sky bubble.
Vociferous - All objects on the ground moved aside so that they aren't in the way.
Vociferous - All default objects moved to the skybubble

MM Sandbox Variants
Utah Mambo
Punishment v2
Vessel
Cubed
Plurality
Tundra
Tundra Swat
Vindictive

Still on the lookout for:
Wastelands

Highlights
Since there was a recent sure n nostalgia feeding, I've decided to highlight some of the decent remakes I've found on Forgehub. If someone has a link to that relic remake, post it.

Tombstone
Blood Gulch Remake
(I think it doesn't look that polished but it's made outside the normal bounds of Sandtrap and may be interesting to check out)
Ivory Tower
Damnation
Geminie
Boarding Action
Ascension
Prisoner

sanctum v2.2 is the newest version it was updated the day i turned it into atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom