• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
darkressurection said:
Tomorrow = Longest day of school evar.

Are you skipping on Tuesday? God, I remember when I skipped class for Ocarina of Time in 8th grade. November 23, 1998... What an awesome game. <3<3

TrueReligion said:
I ordered it on wed. and got the regular shipping since Newegg is close to my house. I still haven't got a tracking #, though.

several reps told me that they would be issuing tracking #'s on monday and that the game will arrive on the 25th because i paid for over night shipping (which i got refunded).

omg.kittens said:
Are you skipping on Tuesday? God, I remember when I skipped class for Ocarina of Time in 8th grade. November 23, 1998... What an awesome game. <3<3
No, I am going to the midnight release though so I am playing until morning, sleeping through classes, then playing some more.

Ramirez

Can't believe the time has finally come, there is no possible way anyone could upset me tomorrow, I'll be the happiest fucker in the world. :lol

thatbox said:
These links will take you to a direct download the DivX videos from a few pages ago:

TS on Isolation: http://video.stage6.com/1663412/.divx
TS on Last Resort (Zanzibar): http://video.stage6.com/1663700/.divx
TS on The Pit: http://video.stage6.com/1663967/.divx
2v2 on Guardian: http://video.stage6.com/1663795/.divx
Killing Spree on Sandtrap: http://video.stage6.com/1664007/.divx

This guy is pretty good, so these are fun to watch.

What is this supposed event that happens periodically on Isolation? I don't see anything.

WickedLaharl said:
several reps told me that they would be issuing tracking #'s on monday and that the game will arrive on the 25th because i paid for over night shipping (which i got refunded).
Fucking hell.
I want the game tomorrow. :'(

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
skip said:
congratulations, you are good at the game. other people aren't quite as good as you are. perhaps even 50% as good. congratulations.
Here, let me help:

skip (fixed) said:
Well, some people are better than others at the game. And most non-reviewers that have the game this early are die-hard Halo fans anyway, and of course they'll be better at the game than some reviewer. So take his opinion for what it's worth, but remember that he probably represents the population better than a hardcore fan like yourself.
Now you don't sound like a jerk.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Got mine on Friday, pulled an all nighter with Vyse and almost beat it, waiting to finish the fight right now.

It's pretty awesome. And the surface has just been scratched. =]

Ramirez said:
Can't believe the time has finally come, there is no possible way anyone could upset me tomorrow, I'll be the happiest fucker in the world. :lol

Employee: "Sorry, we just ran out of Halo 3, that includes all of the pre-orders. We don't plan on getting any in until next week."

TrueReligion said:
OMG
does that mean everyone who ordered from Newegg will get it tomorrow?
I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but when I checked my tracking # on UPS website they rescheduled it to deliver on the 25th :(.

MrDaravon

I just watched that Last Resort video, most awesome thing I've ever seen. Zanzibar was possibly my favorite Halo 2 map, I love how it looks now.

Toonami 99 said:
I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but when I checked my tracking # on UPS website they rescheduled it to deliver on the 25th :(.
I still don't get how people got tracking numbers. I used UPS as well, and still haven't received an email/tracking number. It's really ridiculous.

Aleman

TrueReligion said:
I still don't get how people got tracking numbers. I used UPS as well, and still haven't received an email/tracking number. It's really ridiculous.

I'm a bit confused. I have a tracking number but the website still indicates that it's only "billing information has been received." But about an hour ago I got an automated call from UPS saying it would be delivered tomorrow morning.

Flipside

Just noticed on a website linked in the OP that the Bestiarum is listed on the DVD in the Legendary Edition but comes as a hardcover book with the Collectors Edition. Is this a mistake or will the Legendary Editions really not include an artbook?

Flipside said:
Just noticed on a website linked in the OP that the Bestiarum is listed on the DVD in the Legendary Edition but comes as a hardcover book with the Collectors Edition. Is this a mistake or will the Legendary Editions really not include an artbook?
Legendary comes with an extended digital version of the art book.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Flipside said:
It doesn't. Frank has said in the past that it will be made available in digital form for the folks who purchased the Legendary Edition.

EDIT: Beaten. Is that actually packaged in (on a disc, that is)? I'd heard it was going to be made available later.

Eric WK

Flipside said:

That's correct.

SupahBlah

Banned
Flipside said:

It comes on the disc instead.

/Edit: Beaten, badly.

SailorDaravon said:
I just watched that Last Resort video, most awesome thing I've ever seen. Zanzibar was possibly my favorite Halo 2 map, I love how it looks now.

I do too, I was tooling around in Forge the other day on Last resort, the mainbase has seen the biggest change this time around. 1 Flag CTF's are definitely going to play differently this time around. They've also added an animated backround to the base that you can't get to but looks really cool. I wish they'd fill the matchmaking hoppers already so I could get some online playtime on the new maps.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Eric WK said:
That's correct.

Quoting you because I like your avatar.

Do we know why we are getting a lame 'digital version' over an awesome artbook? Is it like, -way- better than the artbook or something?

Spruchy

Cocopjojo said:
Kotaku:

It's just hard to take reviewers seriously when they say stuff like this. How is it possible that it took these video game journalists twice as long as to complete the game as it took me?

Bullshit it took you 6 hours on heroic sorry.

Flipside

Whoa 4 replies in the same minute :lol Seems people are really waiting for Halo 3 now :D

Too bad about the artbook though. I think the most expensive version should always be an upgrade in every way over the cheaper versions. The tin case of the CE is a lot prettier than the LE plastic cases too (not that it's that bad with all the scratching stories, but still).

The space under the helmet is also too wide for 2 DVD cases so it would have been a perfect fit to include an (expanded) printed artbook.

Ramirez

UltimaPooh said:
Employee: "Sorry, we just ran out of Halo 3, that includes all of the pre-orders. We don't plan on getting any in until next week."

Hah, well, in that case I'd just have to sleep through tomorrow night and wait on my Legendary edition I have arriving the next day. I've got my bases covered, me and Halo are old friends. :lol :D

Grimm Fandango said:
I would definitely skip classes but I have a discussion and a lab which I cannot be absent for.
Oh, but you can be absent. No class for me on the 25th! FUCK THAT IT'S HALO 3 MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

I AM SO FUCKING STOKED!

MUST NOT....UH UH OOOHHHHH
117858874655.jpg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Eric WK said:
He's among the last people here who would lie about it.
Thanks. Ask around, Spruchy. I won't pull anyone else into this argument by naming names, but everyone I've spoken to has given me a number pretty close to that.

I played through my Heroic run before b.net was up, but maybe this will help: I played through Legendary last night with two other people, and it took us only three and a half hours. Check out the times (campaign level names in this link):

http://www.bungie.net/stats/PlayerCampaignStatsHalo3.aspx?player=Cocopjojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom