• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cartoon_soldier said:
From Gamespot Video Review:

169halo3vrx3601092307hdeg5.gif

Warning: 1mb+ file.

Ladies And Gentelmen, I give you Ben Ball.

Cocopjojo said:
Thanks. Ask around, Spruchy. I won't pull anyone else into this argument by naming names, but everyone I've spoken to has given me a number pretty close to that.

I played through my Heroic run before b.net was up, but maybe this will help: I played through Legendary last night with two other people, and it took us just a little over four hours. Check out the times (campaign level names in this link):

http://www.bungie.net/stats/PlayerCampaignStatsHalo3.aspx?player=Cocopjojo

So you're good at the game. Good to know. Other people who have played it found a time around 10-15 hours. Move on.

Cocopjojo said:
Thanks. Ask around, Spruchy. I won't pull anyone else into this argument by naming names, but everyone I've spoken to has given me a number pretty close to that.

I played through my Heroic run before b.net was up, but maybe this will help: I played through Legendary last night with two other people, and it took us only three and a half hours. Check out the times (campaign level names in this link):

http://www.bungie.net/stats/PlayerCampaignStatsHalo3.aspx?player=Cocopjojo
WTF, I see where skip is coming from. I can't imagine myself or any of my friends beating it in 4 hrs on Legendary even if it was Co-op. Your "friends" must be damn good a Halo as well.

Tiktaalik

I was at the flea market early today and one of the booths that's a psudo game store unwrapped a few copies of Halo 3 and said that they were going to sell them.

I could have bought one but I didn't. Should I hand in my Halo fanboy jacket?

My justification for not buying a copy was that I'm in the middle of replaying Halo1+2 in preparation anyway, and I haven't been following the drama around Microsoft threatening to ban people who had the game early, and I didn't know if that rumour was true or false. Anyway, I decided I can wait a few days.

Gav

Day off work on launch day, Wednesday. :D

Just got a day in the office tomorrow, and the first day back at part time uni to get through!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Digital Limit said:
So you're good at the game. Good to know. Other people who have played it found a time around 10-15 hours. Move on.
Uh, yeah, he called bull on my time, so I was defending myself.

At what point in my posting did I make myself sound like a bragging douche? :lol

WTF, I see where skip is coming from. I can't imagine myself or any of my friends beating it in 4 hrs on Legendary even if it was Co-op. Your "friends" must be damn good a Halo as well.
Yeah, I see where he's coming from, too. The fact that I pointed out that I and my friends beat the game much faster than the reviewer definately warrants him acting like jerk.

????????

This is pretty amusing. Anyway, I'm through talking about it.

HugBasket

Banned
All I have standing in my way is school.

The reviews have been ok so far. They haven't said anything stupid but I was expecting a bit more out of them. Maybe they joined the "too much marketing" bandwagon or something.

Blueblur1

thatbox said:
These links will take you to a direct download the DivX videos from a few pages ago:

TS on Isolation: http://video.stage6.com/1663412/.divx
TS on Last Resort (Zanzibar): http://video.stage6.com/1663700/.divx
TS on The Pit: http://video.stage6.com/1663967/.divx
2v2 on Guardian: http://video.stage6.com/1663795/.divx
Killing Spree on Sandtrap: http://video.stage6.com/1664007/.divx

This guy is pretty good, so these are fun to watch.
Thanks! Those were really fun to watch. I can't wait to get online and play these maps! Especially with GAF!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
SpudBud said:
we NEED a H2 GAF game tonight.

No, seeing 2 after Halo instead of 3 on the menu screen will make me break down like a bitch and weep uncontrollably. I don't need to do that to myself.

Tieno

Biggest work on the review thread is done. Lots and lots of reviews.
Bungie must feel pretty good now, but by far the most exciting stuff is still yet to come: the community actually playing the game.

skip

Eric WK said:
You guys need to get off Cocopjojo's back.

6 hours on heroic is super impressive, and I don't doubt he's very, very good at halo. but taking media outlets to task for not finishing as fast as he did...that doesn't make sense.

Eric WK

skip said:
6 hours on heroic is super impressive, and I don't doubt he's very, very good at halo. but taking media outlets to task for not finishing as fast as he did...that doesn't make sense.

I can agree with that, but it's not like the guy is being disingenuous.

Aleman said:
I'm a bit confused. I have a tracking number but the website still indicates that it's only "billing information has been received." But about an hour ago I got an automated call from UPS saying it would be delivered tomorrow morning.
This just proves how unprofessional Newegg is. I've spent $1000s there, and will never buy anything there ever again.

ChrisD84

Whichever day this week my copy arrives, is going to be such a long day >_<

I normally work part time, but this week they need me in full time to cover for others being away on holiday (no, not to play halo :lol), so i'll have to wait untill the night to play, damn it! :p

Great gif btw.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Eric WK said:
You guys need to get off Cocopjojo's back.
Thanks man, but let's all let it go. No hard feelings on my end.

Anyway, off to the Bungie BBQ!

jk

skip

Eric WK said:
I can agree with that, but it's not like the guy is being disingenuous.

me either. I've watched other people (many others) who are better than I am play the game, and I have envy.

JdFoX187

Banned
TrueReligion said:
This just proves how unprofessional Newegg is. I've spent $1000s there, and will never buy anything there ever again.
You try to cheat the system, get a game BEFORE the fucking launch, Newegg blocks it, you get pissed and say they're unprofessiona? Wow...that's really sad dude. They're one of the best Web sites for selling computer equipment. No one touches them.

And UPS said the game will be shipped tomorrow, nothing wrong with that. Their Web site updates slowly sometimes and they might have just received the information. If it's next-day air, that'll happen.

Tieno said:
Biggest work on the review thread is done. Lots and lots of reviews.
Thanks for all of your work today on the review thread. It made it a lot easier to figure out what's going on in that format with the OP updated. :D

TrueReligion said:

I thought the game was supposed to arrive last Thursday!??

LIARS!

Newegg is a badegg to me!

Seriously, you took a chance on getting the game early and if it doesn't pan out you have no one else to blame but yourself. Besides, you'll still have Halo 3 at the end of the 25th.

Dirtbag

You know in the midst of all this I totally forgot....

Today is my 1 year anniversary from quitting smoking.
It's been 1 year today since I've even puffed from a cigarette.

Sunday FTW!

Dirtbag 504 said:
You know in the midst of all this I totally forgot....

Today is my 1 year anniversary from quitting smoking.
It's been 1 year today since I've even puffed from a cigarette.

Sunday FTW!

Celebrate with a cigarette! :lol

Gowans

Ok so its a all nighter SP run on Heroic
Then a tonne of multi & forge

(maybe some sleep, little bit)

Then the GAF/Friends Skull & Score run on Ledge (by this point I will be hunting the thread or details for where the skulls are and what they do, I have faith in the power of the GAF Halo collective :D)

JdFoX187 said:
You try to cheat the system, get a game BEFORE the fucking launch, Newegg blocks it, you get pissed and say they're unprofessiona? Wow...that's really sad dude. They're one of the best Web sites for selling computer equipment. No one touches them.

And UPS said the game will be shipped tomorrow, nothing wrong with that. Their Web site updates slowly sometimes and they might have just received the information. If it's next-day air, that'll happen.
How is it cheating if website shows game in-stock ready to ship? If it was their mistake, either they should let easily cancel order or just ship it. Why go through all hassle of shipping order and let customers refuse the shipment if they don't want it?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Xater said:
Argh! Those fucking skulls! I am searching and I don't find any of them. :lol
If you find Fog, let me know.

If anyone finds Fog, let me know. I must have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom