• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Buttonbasher said:
Do we have an attract video yet?

I'm confused. Aren't you avoiding spoilers?

Speaking of which, can someone link me to a youtube version of the H3 intro cinematic? Thanks!

Lakitu

st5fu
omg.kittens said:

Speaking of which, can someone link me to a youtube version of the H3 intro cinematic? Thanks!

Attract videos aren't really spoilery, they just tease you and want to make you play the game more.

omg.kittens said:

I am. I was just surprised not to see one. After seeing the Halo 2 one again, it would be full of stuff I don't want to see. Just asking for other people too.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Buttonbasher said:
I am. I was just surprised not to see one. After seeing the Halo 2 one again, it would be full of stuff I don't want to see. Just asking for other people too.
Yeah, Halo 2's attract video showed the Arbiter's hand in the HUD.

And b.net's working fine for me.

careksims

I said I wouldn't post again til after I've beaten the game, but I just have to on this wonderful day! The Day of Halo 3 is upon us and time seems to have slowed down like they usually do with big games such as these. Argh!

Kudos to the for me not being spoiled, the thread, Team Bungie, and Halo 3!

darkressurection said:
No, but it loaded pretty slow
Getting this:

Sign in to Bungie.net Help
Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

* This site may be experiencing a problem.
* The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

You can:

* You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

I feel like a bad person because I'm not all that excited for the game. I don't have work Tuesday, so I'll prolly goto Best Buy and pick it up, but for now, TF2 will likely occupy my free time.

Eric WK

Buttonbasher said:
Getting this:

You can:

* You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

I'm all good. And it's loading as fast as normal for me.

Buttonbasher said:
Getting this:

You can:

Hmm, that is wierd.

Lakitu said:
Attract videos aren't really spoilery, they just tease you and want to make you play the game more.

Yeah, I remember watching the Halo 2 attract video a couple of weeks before release and that was pure sex! Hell, I still watch it every so often.

Costanza

Banned
Stinkles or Luke or anyone with a Legendary,

Can someone confirm if the remastered cutscenes from Halo 1 and 2 are in HD? I keep seeing conflicting info and I'd really like to know before I pick up my copy.

Eric WK

Costanza said:

Can someone confirm if the remastered cutscenes from Halo 1 and 2 are in HD? I keep seeing conflicting info and I'd really like to know before I pick up my copy.

Furthermore, are they easy enough to access without seeing spoilers?

I might watch them prior to starting Campaign.

Diablohead said:
So no one is playing halo 2 tonight? im having a blast in the ffa matchmaking :lol

Lucky bastards.. No halo 2 for me.

Btw, I was wondering if anyone(?) was interested in forming a 2-4 player co-op team for campaign mode(?), maybe blast through "heroic" (Or legendary.. if you're feeling adventurous?), shoot me a PM or add me.

Or simply just reply here in the thread?

Str8 about to upset Final Boss. up 5-2 in finals.

wo0o0o!

Havok

Uh, so I've been playing through Halo 1 on Legendary for the past couple days, and uh....how did I ever consider this difficult? Besides rocket flood, its only semi-challenging. Also: One day omg.

Ramirez

Havok said:
Uh, so I've been playing through Halo 1 on Legendary for the past couple days, and uh....how did I ever consider this difficult? Besides rocket flood, its only semi-challenging. Also: One day omg.

I blasted through the first few levels of Halo 2 about a week ago on Legendary and only got hung up on the Snipers at a few parts...once you've played real people for 3 years and 7K+ matches, A.I. isn't really hard. :p

Seth C

Costanza said:

They are DVD-Video, no? If that's the case then no, they absolutely are not HD. I believe the cinemas were re-mastered in hi-definition, but the video quality itself cannot be anything more than DVD resolution if it is playable on a DVD player.

Falagard

Stinkles said:
Use OUR screenshot tool Blim!

;-)

If your screenshot tool is the in-game one, I'd rather he not use it for obvious reasons. It's not what you're actually seeing when you play the game - sized to 1080p and has extra AA applied to it.

If it's an unmodified frame buffer grab then I'm all for it.

Seth C said:
They are DVD-Video, no? If that's the case then no, they absolutely are not HD. I believe the cinemas were re-mastered in hi-definition, but the video quality itself cannot be anything more than DVD resolution if it is playable on a DVD player.
They're on the 360 executable disc. Does that change things?

Falagard

Has anyone heard what happens when playing campaign with an AI controlled Arbiter? Can he die? If so, what happens? If not, what happens?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Assembly Required said:
I was wondering if anyone(?) was interested in forming a 2-4 player co-op team for campaign mode(?), maybe blast through "heroic" (Or legendary.. if you're feeling adventurous?), shoot me a PM or add me.

Yeah, sure! I'll be playing a lot with my friend, but you're welcome to join in! And yeah, we're definitely doing Legendary. :D
GT: hayguyzlol

Wolffen

Buttonbasher said:
They're on the 360 executable disc. Does that change things?

Potentially, but it'd be nice to hear from developers. That does mean the cut scenes could be 720P video in WMV-HD or something like what you download from XBL Video Marketplace.

Ramirez

Anyone confirmed what happens on Isolation after a while? I'm sure it's minor, but I've seen alot of videos and saw nothing change...?

omg.kittens said:
Yeah, sure! I'll be playing a lot with my friend, but you're welcome to join in! And yeah, we're definitely doing Legendary. :D
GT: hayguyzlol

Cool, I'll add you tomorrow. I'm taking a break from live till Halo hits. I'll see ya then. btw, GT: AssemblyR

LJ11

Falagard said:
Has anyone heard what happens when playing campaign with an AI controlled Arbiter? Can he die? If so, what happens? If not, what happens?

He can die, but he comes back to finish the fight a few minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom