• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

Havok said:
Uh, so I've been playing through Halo 1 on Legendary for the past couple days, and uh....how did I ever consider this difficult? Besides rocket flood, its only semi-challenging. Also: One day omg.
damn, i tried legendary a while back and couldn't even get out of the first level lol

so fucking hard

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Anyone confirmed what happens on Isolation after a while? I'm sure it's minor, but I've seen alot of videos and saw nothing change...?

If someone does post this, can you spoiler tag it please? I hate to be a nagging ass, but I'd like to be surprised when I see it in-game. Also, please tag similar easter egg type stuff. THANKS!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
darkressurection said:
This is more of a fun topic but:
Is anyone wearing any Halo/Bungie stuff to their midnight opening?
I am gonna wear my "UNSC Mjolnir Mark VI" Hoodie.

I'm bringing my Halo 3 Marv VI condoms, as mentioned in the Bungie Podcast. Might as well get some nerd girl action while I'm waiting in line.

omg.kittens said:
I'm bringing my Halo 3 Marv VI condoms, as mentioned in the Bungie Podcast. Might as well get some nerd girl action while I'm waiting in line.
Thus why I want to be first in line so I can get the hell out of the store before tribal antics ensue.

Shawn128

Anyone know how to change the email address you linked your 360 to? Mine is linked to an old email address that I don't use anymore and isn't available...

Sanjuro

Shawn128 said:
Anyone know how to change the email address you linked your 360 to? Mine is linked to an old email address that I don't use anymore and isn't available...
You only have one shot. If you linked your MSN account to it you blew that shot.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
U K Narayan said:
I just watched the introduction.

Holy fucking amazing!

NO FAIR. Can someone please link to a youtube of this? I don't want to encounter other spoilers there...

omg.kittens said:
NO FAIR. Can someone please link to a youtube of this? I don't want to encounter other spoilers there...
Why would you do that to yourself? I know the first time I want to see the intro I want it to be in HD. :D

So what time does everyone want to play halo 2, im only around for another 2 hours at the most, you know living in the uk and all its near midnight already.

plague

JB1981 said:
damn, i tried legendary a while back and couldn't even get out of the first level lol

so fucking hard

The end of the first level is rough on legendary... especially starting at the last insertion point with default weapons.

I haven't made it through yet, but then again I am certainly not the best Halo player.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
striKeVillain! said:
Why would you do that to yourself? I know the first time I want to see the intro I want it to be in HD. :D

I NEED A HALO 3 FIX. Seriously. I might start going into seisures or something.

I'm so weird when it comes to spoilers. I don't want to know about the easter egg on Isolation, but I'm totally down for watching the intro.

Assembly Required said:
This is the intro: Halo 3 Intro

THANKS! :D

N/M! I just noticed they have a quicktime option. Much better. =D

Ramirez said:
Anyone confirmed what happens on Isolation after a while? I'm sure it's minor, but I've seen alot of videos and saw nothing change...?
Ballons rain down in real time with frankie's face on, you pop them for -1 points
nah

omg.kittens said:
I NEED A HALO 3 FIX. Seriously. I might start going into seisures or something.

I'm so weird when it comes to spoilers. I don't want to know about the easter egg on Isolation, but I'm totally down for watching the intro.

THANKS! :D

EDIT: Oh. WMP. That shit constantly hiccups... Thanks anyways. =]

Mhm.

If you're still interested..
Halo 3 Intro (Youtube)

Very um.. dark quality.

Ramirez said:

Someone who has the game told me that the
grass turns brown after awhile
but that doesn't sound too interesting so I'm going to assume it is something else. So far, the videos don't show anything unusual going on.

domination.jpg

You don't know me

...My past, my future.

DKo5 said:
Do we know if the AV Calibrator is just a DVD or an actual "360 game"? I'd love to have something I can use to calibrate 720p/1080p devices with, without having to shell out for an HD-DVD player + new AVIA disc.
It's on one of the executable discs, so you should be fine.

Right?

GhaleonEB

Buttonbasher said:
HBO Explores what you get with the Legendary Edition.

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/essentialsreview/

You can finally learn what Joe meant a couple of years ago, when he talked about the bomb Miranda strapped to the Chief's back... and many other inside snippets. For Bungie stalkers - erm, enthusiasts, this is two hours of awesome.
I've been wanting to know about that ever since I first saw the X04 doc. Yay. :D
Buttonbasher said:
It's on one of the executable discs, so you should be fine.

Right?
Right, it's a 360 disk. The second one, that only comes with the Legendary set, is on a standard DVD.

Wolffen

HBO said:
Disc Two is only available in the Legendary Edition. This one is a standard DVD, rather than an Xbox 360 disc; you can play it in any DVD player. The material on it is oriented towards the hardcore fan - this is stuff that's really aimed at folks who want more from their Halo experience, who want to get to know Bungie just a little bit better. Let's look at the specifics, shall we?

Halo and Halo 2 Cinematics
One of the loudest complaints heard about Halo 2 was 'pop-in' - the graphics glitch that caused cinematics to begin with no textures, with actual content 'popping in' visibly after a second or two, as the Xbox struggled to keep up with the heavy memory demand. This was an unfortunate side effect of Bungie's decision to remove loading screens in Halo 2 - but it bothered people... it bothered them a lot. Bungie has taken great care, then, to re-render these cutscenes to avoid almost all graphical glitches; you can see them exactly the way they were intended to be seen. (Even better, in some cases; a bit of post-processing work was done to ensure that you get the best experience the Halo engine could provide.) The Halo 1 cutscenes didn't suffer from texture popping - but these, too, have been re-rendered, and are as clean as they've ever been.

=/ That implies that it will be 480P, not 720P then.

Firestorm

I'm downloading the Halo 3 Intro. Dunno if I want to wait or not to see it.

Disc Two is only available in the Legendary Edition. This one is a standard DVD, rather than an Xbox 360 disc; you can play it in any DVD player. The material on it is oriented towards the hardcore fan - this is stuff that's really aimed at folks who want more from their Halo experience, who want to get to know Bungie just a little bit better. Let's look at the specifics, shall we?

So I'd assume it's 480p

FightyF

Banned
Whoa, I was thinking we'd only hit 100 pages before launch...now it's at 181!

Anyways, there are 32 hours until this game launches (for me in my timezone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom