• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

Interfectum

RocketDarkness said:
As long as you're not doing any of the following, you will be invisible to the infected:

1) Running
2) Firing your weapons
3) Taking damage
4) Talking into the mic (Having the "..." icon visible above your icon)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What if you are running with your flashlight off?

FrankT

Pop On Arrival said:
I think it's safe to say that the game is absolute shit if you don't have the ability to play it online. Of course it's better with people - that's the entire point of the game.

No question.

Bogus

I've been playing the game off and on for a few months, and I still haven't gotten bored of it. Considering my track record with most FPS games, I'd say that's a testament to L4D's fun factor.

I wish I could find some people to play Blood Harvest on Versus, though; I always seem to find No Mercy exclusively. Has that campaign become akin to TF2's "Dustbowl?" Whenever I and my friends try to start up a room running BH, people just seem to constantly join and drop. :[

My SteamID is akis116 in case anyone wants to play sometime.

well it looks like im stuck on the fucking 178.24 nvidia drivers forever, just tried the 181.22 ones and left 4 dead sound hitches every 10 seconds.... what the fuck its been doing that since fucking november, do something valve?

Omikaru

I almost bought this an hour ago on Steam. Almost. But no, I thought, I'll wait for the Weekend deal to see if that catches my interest first.

Good call, me. :D

Volcynika

Omikaru said:
I almost bought this an hour ago on Steam. Almost. But no, I thought, I'll wait for the Weekend deal to see if that catches my interest first.

Good call, me. :D

Sir, you have excellent timing. Enjoy!

Salmonax

Someone accused me of hacking and I think he removed me from his friends list in a rage last night. There was definitely something fishy going on - their team got two tanks and two witches and we got none. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that, though.

My question is - does someone who removes you disappear from your friends list altogether, or do they just appear as permanently "Offline"?

Coverly

Finally was able to shop my reaction to this

l4dfuuuuuu1.jpg

Had some fun on Versus today with Pop on Arrival and Scarlet, even though I'm not very fond of that particular mode. Shame people kept quitting at random, and kind of funny how I managed to sneak behind two Survivors as a Tank, while on fire.

Salmonax said:
My question is - does someone who removes you disappear from your friends list altogether, or do they just appear as permanently "Offline"?
They disappear from your list altogether.

PatzCU

Myself and 3 of my close friends just picked this up for $25, great deal. I'll be honest, the $50 price point seems a little high. Considering Valve, this game will see an enormous amount of content updates for free, so that's where the value will kick in.

Can't wait to play this!

vertopci

PatzCU said:
Myself and 3 of my close friends just picked this up for $25, great deal. I'll be honest, the $50 price point seems a little high. Considering Valve, this game will see an enormous amount of content updates for free, so that's where the value will kick in.

Can't wait to play this!

Steam ID please.

Everyone who just bought the game, leave your Steam ID pages here as well. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965073566/home

OriginX

Just finished up my akimbo assassin achievement on No Mercy(normal). I still am having trouble getting a few achievements. Killing all four survivors while a tank is almost impossible so far, I also for some reason can't seem to solo a witch, she always gets me pinned down before I can knock out her final bits of health.

vertopci

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmmm...
still new to this, but if you guys wanna game someday

steam tag

"kuro.madoushi [GAF]"

Doesn't find anyone under that name.

Your Steam ID isn't your steam tag/name you use ingame, it's whatever name you use to login.

OriginX said:
Just finished up my akimbo assassin achievement on No Mercy(normal). I still am having trouble getting a few achievements. Killing all four survivors while a tank is almost impossible so far, I also for some reason can't seem to solo a witch, she always gets me pinned down before I can knock out her final bits of health.
Hit them with a car, forklift, or a log.

Shotgun her face when she starts to stand up.

Nabs

just played a few min on a low gravity server. that shit is crazy.

it was also versus on death toll, so i had absolutely no idea where to go (i've only played DT a handful of times)

Haven't really been getting full GAF versus games going on lately(for me anyway). Seems like everyone decided to start sleeping at normal hours or someshit.

Lame.

Volcynika

Pop On Arrival said:
Haven't really been getting full GAF versus games going on lately(for me anyway). Seems like everyone decided to start sleeping at normal hours or someshit.

Lame.

I'm restricted to weekends only, due to being busy most weekdays from 6am to 6pm.

:(

Hotsuma

How exactly does Steam work? (Not A PC gamer)

If you download it from that service, can you only use it on that PC? Is this something you can burn to a disc and play at a friends (His PC is better suited for gaming)? Does the PC version have split screen play?

We both have the game for 360, but I would get the PC version so we could try the user made things. Is the user content really worth it at this point or should I wait?

Thanks.

Top Bottom