• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

Sibylus

Banned
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/fairview.7z

Trying this again with an updated version. There may have been a UI map name conflict with older versions (I used the same UI/Display names as in the original campaigns, but only recently did I read that this may have been the cause of problems with people using the addon). All the display names have been changed, so if that was the problem then this should work.

The file might not be uploaded fully to Scarlet's space at the time of this posting, but will in all likelihood be available in a few hours.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Am I the only one having this problem? In Crash Course, the dialog have no audio but have subtitles. The generic voice command dialog have audio, but not the CC-unique dialog (e.g. Zoey's reaction to the corpse of the helicopter pilot). The other campaigns are fine though.

Capndrake

Ookami-kun said:
Am I the only one having this problem? In Crash Course, the dialog have no audio but have subtitles. The generic voice command dialog have audio, but not the CC-unique dialog (e.g. Zoey's reaction to the corpse of the helicopter pilot). The other campaigns are fine though.
For some reason, if you have any custom sounds at all, none of the CC dialogue plays. Still hasn't been fixed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So all I have to do is remove the custom maps then? If that's the case, then might as well struggle not hearing CC dialog.

Twig

Banned
Get ready for an onslaught. Watch if you want. Ignore if you want. (You will probably ignore. I would probably ignore. I won't cry if you do. Sniff. Sniff! (They're all short except CRANE.))

fallout can't cr0wn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXuNBnIjGTk
CRANE SURVIVAL it's impossible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3uU3ufBUcU

And last night's No Mercy run had more good times than I thought.
A disaster on the first level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oghj6xOpqw
RocketDarkness is slow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6i1lxIx8uE
A near-disaster at the very beginning of the second level!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEmbsUXnpkw
I have absolutely NO IDEA what Red was doing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-VMmWntXVg
Sacrificing myself for the greater good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5O-F-lcbg
The zombies don't appreciate my art ;_;: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr78FpWHj7w
Protolf does it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYdHalDR0c
And again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCojcoPG_8
Red can't kill witches either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oED73RqEXYM

xero273

Botolf said:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/fairview.7z

Trying this again with an updated version. There may have been a UI map name conflict with older versions (I used the same UI/Display names as in the original campaigns, but only recently did I read that this may have been the cause of problems with people using the addon). All the display names have been changed, so if that was the problem then this should work.

The file might not be uploaded fully to Scarlet's space at the time of this posting, but will in all likelihood be available in a few hours.

Like last time, it works in single player. hopefully, it works in multi.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey let's do a VS game tonight, Gaf L4D group. I'm in class so I can't access Steam but goddamn I am in the mood. I could rock a BH or DT. Or both.

Blizzard

Banned
Good game to my teammates. That game had so much server/modfail. No tank one map (everyone survived except maybe one person on both teams?). And then on the last map, our team was ahead by like 600 points, since we 3/4 survived an earlier map that the other team didn't make it on (I think). Except we started as survivors instead of infected, like we were supposed to! Huh, that's odd, oh well, blame Turtle Rock.

So I was a stalltank, my teammates helped a ton, I threw rocks for ages, dodged 6 (or more?) molotovs, and we beat the survivors, though I forgot to guard the radio so they called it at the last minute.

And then the server told us that the other team beat us by like 600 points. :( The only thing I can figure out is that it somehow switched our scores and start order on the final map, lovingly screwing us over.

vertopci

GGs to everyone tonight. Also fuck turtle rock for fucking over the first game!

Blizzard said:
Good game to my teammates. That game had so much server/modfail. No tank one map (everyone survived except maybe one person on both teams?). And then on the last map, our team was ahead by like 600 points, since we 3/4 survived an earlier map that the other team didn't make it on (I think). Except we started as survivors instead of infected, like we were supposed to! Huh, that's odd, oh well, blame Turtle Rock.

So I was a stalltank, my teammates helped a ton, I threw rocks for ages, dodged 6 (or more?) molotovs, and we beat the survivors, though I forgot to guard the radio so they called it at the last minute.

And then the server told us that the other team beat us by like 600 points. :( The only thing I can figure out is that it somehow switched our scores and start order on the final map, lovingly screwing us over.

End game score doesn't mean shit. You guys outplayed the shit out of my team and won. As long as you know that who cares what the screen says :/

TheOneGuy said:
I've never refused and you don't invite me!!!

You're anti-Frusmod so why would you want to play FrusMod?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:

Your stalltank was epic though. I can't believe how well we did with haphazard plans. We actually won, Vert said so so it is official :D

vertopci

grif1020 said:
Your stalltank was epic though. I can't believe how well we did with haphazard plans. We actually won, Vert said so so it is official :D

My team was too scared to just straight rush the tank :(

They finally got the courage to once we were all down to 25 or less health :lol

Boonoo

Good game tonight. It was pretty laid back.

In general I think that Frusmod is a lot of fun. It's great to feel nervous as survivors (again) and powerful as infected. There really was nothing so frustrating as downing three and watching them all pop back up to full health thanks to health packs. Now if you even down one they become a significant drain on the team.

I worry about the first map, though. It seems that most of the time whomever wins that wins the match. The survivors get so close a lot of the times in other maps, though, that giving them any more advantage (even something like a single assault rifle) would let them make it to the safe room every time.

Is there anyway with Frusmod to change the scoring system per level? Maybe a .5 multiplier.

vertopci

Boonoo said:
Good game tonight. It was pretty laid back.

In general I think that Frusmod is a lot of fun. It's great to feel nervous as survivors (again) and powerful as infected. There really was nothing so frustrating as downing three and watching them all pop back up to full health thanks to health packs. Now if you even down one they become a significant drain on the team.

I worry about the first map, though. It seems that most of the time whomever wins that wins the match. The survivors get so close a lot of the times in other maps, though, that giving them any more advantage (even something like a single assault rifle) would let them make it to the safe room every time.

Is there anyway with Frusmod to change the scoring system per level? Maybe a .5 multiplier.

Nah the multipliers are built into the level themselves I believe. I hate the multipliers but at least with Frusmod they make some sort of sense. Map 4 is actually somewhat worth the 1.40 multiplier!

Who the fuck at Turtle Rock thought it was a good idea to just assume that map 4 is harder than map 1 in every campaign?

Red Scarlet

There's probably a way, but it might involve creating a custom map version of it but keeping it the same, since Death Aboard on vs has every map with a 1.00 multiplier.

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
You're anti-Frusmod so why would you want to play FrusMod?
Irrelevant to the conversation at hand!!!

I'd probably play anyway because I don't even care that much. It's a pointless mod but it's not like it forever ruins life the universe and everything. I don't play versus enough as is. ):

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Vert likes to put with me with groups I'm not as familiar with so I end up coordinating because I won't ask others too. I actually kind of prefer coordinating with people I don't know as well. The last game last night went really well coordination wise after one or two attacks of my plans being ignored.

vertopci

grif1020 said:
I think Vert likes to put with me with groups I'm not as familiar with so I end up coordinating because I won't ask others too. I actually kind of prefer coordinating with people I don't know as well. The last game last night went really well coordination wise after one or two attacks of my plans being ignored.

I don't know what you're talking about! Not the slightest clue!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheOneGuy said:
Irrelevant to the conversation at hand!!!

I'd probably play anyway because I don't even care that much. It's a pointless mod but it's not like it forever ruins life the universe and everything. I don't play versus enough as is. ):

Join us tonight! Be quick to get in the first game or wait till the second when we usually have to go send out invites to get a group of 8. Maybe we will convert you to actually liking it :lol

vertopci said:
I don't know what you're talking about! Not the slightest clue!

Yeah right ha. Btw I am down for like 3-4 games tonight and possibly a dessert of CC.

vertopci

grif1020 said:
Join us tonight! Be quick to get in the first game or wait till the second when we usually have to go send out invites to get a group of 8. Maybe we will convert you to actually liking it :lol

Yeah right ha. Btw I am down for like 3-4 games tonight and possibly a dessert of CC.

I'm down for a shitload of VS tonight :D

Let's start at around 9:30 or 10:00 PM EST

I had fun last night. Big difference playing with you guys compared to the pick ups I usually play in.

I made some rookie mistakes, but had a good time. :D

vertopci

gregor7777 said:
I had fun last night. Big difference playing with you guys compared to the pick ups I usually play in.

You did fine for the most part. I would say work on your boomer a bit though. Everything else was fine. You had some nice pounces :D

VaLiancY said:
I'd like to be down for some VS also.

So I take it you enjoyed FrusMod? :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
gregor7777 said:

Glad you enjoyed playing the game with us, it was nice having you. We all make rookie mistakes so don't worry about it too much. I mean look at vert, biggest rookie I know. Just keep playing and you will improve.

Blizzard

Banned
grif1020 said:
Sorry to totally ignore your orders. :p Part of the time I'd be getting ready to spawn, and then the survivors would move or something so I couldn't find a place to spawn in as boomer in time. AND MANY OTHER EXCUSES THAT ARE SURELY VALID.

I hope you didn't mind the last map when I started barking orders. I wanted to actually kill them then since we were ahead. Rawr glitched score.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
Sorry to totally ignore your orders. :p Part of the time I'd be getting ready to spawn, and then the survivors would move or something so I couldn't find a place to spawn in as boomer in time. AND MANY OTHER EXCUSES THAT ARE SURELY VALID.

I hope you didn't mind the last map when I started barking orders. I wanted to actually kill them then since we were ahead. Rawr glitched score.

Dude, I love when you help with coordinating. Any help is good and it's nice to take a break or just help out who ever is lead coordinator. And I was referring more to the game after ours anyways lol.

vertopci

Blizzard said:

Blame Turtle Rock!

grif1020 said:
Glad you enjoyed playing the game with us, it was nice having you. We all make rookie mistakes so don't worry about it too much. I mean look at vert, biggest rookie I know. Just keep playing and you will improve.

Hey man, I've played L4D for only 400 hours! Cut me some slack!

VaLiancY

vertopci said:
So I take it you enjoyed FrusMod? :D

I didn't even know we were playing a mod til the second round when we had only pills :lol - I didn't see what's the big difference between it and original gameplay wise, though I did feel I couldn't spawn certain places but that's probably me being rusty. I enjoyed myself through and through.

Top Bottom