• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

Red Scarlet

Well, Botolf's map thing works, makes CC1 and DT1 interesting if you had a messy finale.

Can't believe I played the whole thing. And now I'm gonna sleep like a baby.

Sibylus

Banned
That was a lot of fun. On Advanced it took us 3 hours, 1 minute (with one restart!) to complete the whole thing. 12 maps in total.

25fipfr.jpg

Excuse me while I pass out.

vertopci

I'm looking for team captains for my Inter-GAF L4D League :D

Captains should have some decent experience in VS. If you want to be a captain, let me know and I'll invite you to the group.

Basically as captain, you will find at least 4 other team members for your team. The team members must be gaffers or gaf lurkers.

Basically I hope to get at least 4 teams and have them play each other. I'm aiming for at least 2 games a week for each team though it will likely have to be changed to 1 game a week. Most games will be played somewhere in the time range of 7PM EST to 12 AM EST. Config is will be at least CEVO, possibly FrusMod.

Let me know if you want to be a captain or just a player in this so I can invite you. :D

edit: This will also cover L4D2. So make sure you have both games.

Blizzard

Banned
Sanjay said:
Aww, that was back when PillowKnight didn't hate me. :'( I don't really remember what my goooooal was about...did someone get punched off the roof even though I don't see a tank?

vertopci

Sanjay don't lie. You'll play L4D2 for two days then quit for HoN.

Blizzard said:
Aww, that was back when PillowKnight didn't hate me. :'( I don't really remember what my goooooal was about...did someone get punched off the roof even though I don't see a tank?

I'm pretty sure he has always hated you.

Boonoo

Red Scarlet

May as well post your endgame stats and favorite moments! I'm going to try to finish Nocturne by tomorrow, but this last dungeon will not end.

627h 18m 40s

Games played: 1,341 / Finales survied: 300 (22.37%) / Infected killed: 246,769

Achievements: 67/68 / Most played campaign: No Mercy (16%) / Most used character: Zoey (46%)

Most used tier 1/2: Shotty/Auto-Shotty

Most damage to teammate: 2937 (expert) My average dmg has gone down to 164!

Vs record: 67%W/33%L (146/72) / Highest score 8183 (got this last night actually against a team that won by 4000 a couple days ago)

Longest survival time: 16:20 (Warehouse) / Shortest: 10:58 (Lighthouse)

Man I hated the Lighthouse. I think I played CC1 a couple times on survival but never CC2.

I miss being able to pick up survivors as infected.
l4d_vs_hospital05_rooftop0000.jpg

I remember getting the equivalent of Truck Stop on Blood Harvest; team I was on got wiped, and the other team was all in the clear, when I spawned as a 3rd Tank right inside the barn. Zoey got pulled and I ran into the APC. I incapped one player, another person inside incapped Bill, Francis incapped Louis with FF, then I incapped Francis, and the smoker incapped Zoey.
l4d_vs_farm05_cornfield0017.jpg

Ended up winning, at that time, by the closest margin I had been in yet, 21 pts (of course that's been beaten by losing and winning by 1 point).
l4d_vs_farm05_cornfield0019.jpg

I never got a quad cap off (not counting from Tanks), but I remember the first time it happened to me.

I remember playing and getting Nothing Special, except it was given to everyone BUT me, and we tried it again right afterwards and got it, then got it again with some other players with complete disbelief.

I remember those multiple failed molotovs in the DA4 closet, where I started calling them lolotovs.

I remember figuring out how to get past the lasers in Power Station, only to immediately get smoked and vaporized.

Thanks for all the fun L4D and the folks I had the pleasure to play it with!

gg y'all
I still plan on playing 1 from time to time, but who knows how many other people really will :(

According to Steam's stats, which may or may not be accurate:

Games played: 577
Finales Survived: 100
Infected Killed: 70,478
Achievements: 58 of 68

Most damage to teammates:6,440 (on Expert)
Average damage to teammates:116.00

Versus games played: 133
Versus games completed: 85
Most points earned: 7,130 (as a Tank)
Highest survivor team score: 5,929

Survival games played: 202
Longest time survived: 15m 32s
3 Bronze / 5 Silver / 8 Gold

Left 4 Dead was my first real introduction to PC gaming. I'd dabbled in the past, but never too seriously. Now, a year later, here I am in love with Steam. Who'da thunk?

I'd like to thank all the lovely GAFfers that put up with my terrible play in the beginning, especially Red and Pop, who really showed me the ropes. I picked up the game to play exclusively with a couple of real life friends, and ended up falling into our little L4D community.

As far as specific memories go, there are so many that I can't sort through them right now. If any in particular pop up in my head, perhaps I'll return to share them.

Nabs

Total Playtime: 356h 3m 19s

Games played 554
Finales survived 71 (12.82%)
Infected killed 77,281

Most Played Campaign: No Mercy (35% of gameplay time)
Most Played Character: Louis (played 33% of campaigns)
Average infected killed per hour: 217.05

Versus games played 493
Versus games completed 241
Most points earned 6,762 (as a Tank)
Highest survivor team score 8,613

Versus games won and lost: 51% won (124 games) | 49% lost (117 games)

2z8x7go.jpg

111qebr.jpg

Not giving up L4D though. It's really too good a game.

I can see the L4D campaigns still having plenty of people playing. Maybe not so much the Versus side, unless Valve fucks up Versus in L4D2 somehow.

vertopci

Botolf said:
I'll come back for coop, any new patches, and new custom campaigns that show up.

No Mercy will always be king!

Wat

NM is the shittiest map in the game man!

BH > DT > DA > NM

I remember the days when I hated DT and BH and loved DA

gregor7777 said:
I can see the L4D campaigns still having plenty of people playing. Maybe not so much the Versus side, unless Valve fucks up Versus in L4D2 somehow.

I'll still be playing Versus on L4D1 side for sure. As are the other gaffers I play with.

I'll still be playing Versus on L4D1 side for sure. As are the other gaffers I play with.

Oh, there will be people playing for sure, including me.

But I'd say you'll find more people coming back to L4D to play campaign than you will for versus.

I might be totally off the mark though.

vertopci

Nabs said:
as infected i really like DA.

Same but on survivor side DA blows :lol

I love every aspect of DA1 though. It's the other maps that bring it down. Plus there's the horrible horrible horrible finale. Oh god so bad.

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:

I love every aspect of DA1 though. It's the other maps that bring it down. Plus there's the horrible horrible horrible finale. Oh god so bad.
To be fair, every finale sucks in versus. They're just so boring to play as infected.

But yes Dead Air is the worst of the bunch.

vertopci

TheOneGuy said:
To be fair, every finale sucks in versus. They're just so boring to play as infected.

But playing tank is fun in every finale. Except Dead Air. I don't think the dead air finale does anything right :lol

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:

Early tanks tend to be frustrating for the Infected on DA1 (what with the SI and Tank having no other option except throwing themselves at the survivors in a suicidal frontal assault), there really ought to be some spawning locations behind the saferoom.

Aside from that it's a very good Versus map, there's some great pulling locations, good Hunter heights, good Boomer spots, etc.

Twig

Banned
I'll give you that the tank is the MOST fun in the finales.

But that's all I'll give you.

The only time any versus map sucks (aside from finales) is when you get fucking invisible walls.

Sibylus

Banned
TheOneGuy said:

Sometimes it can be a jolly old time, like yesterday. The team I was on pulled off a perfect quad cap on Bulleta's team with three hunters and a smoker, they were sitting in the usual spot (on the runway with no cover or debris nearby and with their backs to the invisible wall).

wanted to play a little game tonight before the release of part 2 and I cannot join a game either can I create a new one...WTF :( That's for L4D and L4D2Demo

Top Bottom