• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

Slizz said:
i <3 this thread, anybody got suggestions for new electro similar to the mustard pimp that was posted i think on the first page? that mix is so sick.

They have a new mixtape called PMS Mixtape.

1)Sodom - Among The Weirdcong
2)Mr Oizo - Pourriture 7 (Bot Edit)
3)Crookers - What Up Y’All
4)Ninfa - My Baby Left Me (Keith Remix)
5)Blatta & Inesha - El Ritmo Barbaro
6)Straaatch - Brass Hysteria (Gaetan Remix)
7)Ill.St.M - All Classy For Me
8)666 - Alarma! (Bot edit)
9)Mustard Pimp - Valium
10)The Body Snatchers - We Here (Heavyfeet Remix)
11)Mom & Dad - This Is Shit (Edu K Triple X Transudo Mix Ft Barbarella)
12)Acid Jacks - Crack House Talk (Gigi Barocco Remix)
13)Junkie XL - Booming Right At You
14)Gigi Barocco - Puah!
15)Atari Teenage Riot - Rage (Mustard Pimp Remix)
16)A1 Bassline - Bad Man Horror Theme (Mustard Pimp Remix)
17)I-Robots - Frau (Database Remix)
18)Far Och Son - Panik (Phatzoo Remix)
19)Straaatch - Stratosphere
20)Sound Of Stereo - Heads Up! (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
21)Detboi & Foamo - Girls Demo Go
22)Cazals - Poor Innocent Boys (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
23)Dilemn - Flying Guitar (Original Mix)
24)The Prodigy - Omen (Hervé’s End Of The World Remix)
25)From Monument To Masses - Beyond God & Elvis (Felix Cartal Remix)
26)The Cool Kids - 88 (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix)
27)Modo - Ein, Zwei, Polizei (Mustard Pimp Remix)
28)Crookers - Love To Dubit

joelseph

I have been listening to a lot of Top Billin lately. Their whole stable of dudes is just fun and exciting. Love the mixes, the tunes, the edits. The Sharkslayer intro is so dark and menacing. Nothing gets me more pumped in the morning.

Slizz

joelseph said:

1)Sodom - Among The Weirdcong
2)Mr Oizo - Pourriture 7 (Bot Edit)
3)Crookers - What Up Y’All
4)Ninfa - My Baby Left Me (Keith Remix)
5)Blatta & Inesha - El Ritmo Barbaro
6)Straaatch - Brass Hysteria (Gaetan Remix)
7)Ill.St.M - All Classy For Me
8)666 - Alarma! (Bot edit)
9)Mustard Pimp - Valium
10)The Body Snatchers - We Here (Heavyfeet Remix)
11)Mom & Dad - This Is Shit (Edu K Triple X Transudo Mix Ft Barbarella)
12)Acid Jacks - Crack House Talk (Gigi Barocco Remix)
13)Junkie XL - Booming Right At You
14)Gigi Barocco - Puah!
15)Atari Teenage Riot - Rage (Mustard Pimp Remix)
17)I-Robots - Frau (Database Remix)
18)Far Och Son - Panik (Phatzoo Remix)
19)Straaatch - Stratosphere
20)Sound Of Stereo - Heads Up! (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
21)Detboi & Foamo - Girls Demo Go
22)Cazals - Poor Innocent Boys (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
23)Dilemn - Flying Guitar (Original Mix)
24)The Prodigy - Omen (Hervé’s End Of The World Remix)
25)From Monument To Masses - Beyond God & Elvis (Felix Cartal Remix)
26)The Cool Kids - 88 (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix)
27)Modo - Ein, Zwei, Polizei (Mustard Pimp Remix)
28)Crookers - Love To Dubit

i just saw this on their website, but the zshare link doesnt work, so im getting it from sendspace. the cover is hilarious

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gav said:
Good stuff, now a fan :D

Havent got much to share with you guys at the mo, but keep it up, some amazing stuff getting posted.

Cheers for the support man!

New Mustard Pimp, The Slips, an Adam Sky (aka Adamski) mix, and some ibar original material up soon ...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
joelseph said:

This track is AMAZING! Used it in my sets quite a few times.

A1 Bassline (Christian from Partyshank) is a good friend of ibar, like Mustard Pimp =)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kitsuné said:
I just want to mention my love for Bag Raiders. <3

OOH!

YES.

Lots of them on ibar's musicplayer, I should highlight some on the blog. If you like them check out Whitenoise, VERY underrated.

Shaneus

<3 Bag Raiders too... there's a really good mashup/remix that Knightlife did (who I'm seeing this weekend!!!) and put up for free on his Myspace.

Knightlife - Love By Mouth
(mashup of Bag Raiders - Nil By Mouth (Knightlife remix) and Time Bandits "I'm Only Shooting Love")

Edit: PS. I've decided on the mixer I'm gonna upgrade to... the Ecler Nuo5. Should last me forever, by all reports! And only $1300 Aussie spacebucks, too.
Nuo%205%20image.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Slizz said:
i became a fan of you on facebook

Cheers man!

I'm going to upload the Ulysses 31 mix in a bit, it was a bit of a laugh and a lot less 'epic' (and shorter thank God!) than Requiem For A Dream, but some interesting tunes in there ...

And will be posted here before the blog, thank you NeoGAF!

I LOVE this DJ'ing lark :D

Miroku

boredofcanada said:
smoke a spliff to this shit

here is a ton of rob hall dj mixes.....he used to be in autechre and currently runs the SKAM label, and is also one part of gescom.

styles range from classic idm to techno to electro to more experimental stuff.....it's just crazy awesome music....

http://www.reloadonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1039

i have had them all on rotate in my ipod since september and i am still finding great tracks....flawlessly mixed too...

Fantastic! Thank you sir.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Ulysses 31' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar) Edit (32m15) ... a bit of a laugh, and an experiment at mixing/Kaoss'ing a more diverse selection of tracks ;)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/55479428c24959b1/

1> Ulysses 31 Theme (Full Version)
2> Manhead - Birth School Work Death
3> Juan MacLean - By The Time I Get To Venus (DFA Mix)
4> Cut Copy - Going Nowhere
5> Lily Allen - The Fear
6> Playgroup - Behind The Wheel
7> Grandadbob - Mmmnn
8> Mylo - Paris Four Hundred
9> Infadels - Jagger '67

... this was only a few days after the 5 and a half hour marathon that was the Requiem For A Dream set, so I was a bit spent and the levels are a bit wonky! The Manhead track though is an unappreciated CLASSIC, which everyone should hear. As is Jagger '67 if you are into your electrorock ...

ibar, discover stuff // www.ibar.com // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // myspace.com/deckfuckinard // myspace.com/ibarrecords

Davidion

Shaneus said:
Edit: PS. I've decided on the mixer I'm gonna upgrade to... the Ecler Nuo5. Should last me forever, by all reports! And only $1300 Aussie spacebucks, too.
http://www.futureproducers.com/assets/reviews/ecler_nuo_5/Nuo 5 image.jpg

I have the NUO 2.0 revision 2 and it's the shit. You'll love the 5, I'm sure.

DECK'ARD said:
DECK'ARDS 'Ulysses 31' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar) Edit (32m15) ... a bit of a laugh, and an experiment at mixing/Kaoss'ing a more diverse selection of tracks ;)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/55479428c24959b1/

Sounds hot, grabbing now.

Shaneus

Davidion said:
I have the NUO 2.0 revision 2 and it's the shit. You'll love the 5, I'm sure.
Phew! Glad to hear it :) I couldn't demo one (that was plugged in) today but had a twiddle with it and holy shit... faders/rotaries are all flawless (and biggest rotaries EVER) along with some (apparently) neato effects and an inbuilt PSU! The wood I have for this thing is ridiculous. But it's so big :(

joelseph

Maga-Bo on the latest Sinden show, I don't think any of you are into this stuff though. =-/

Watch it, 09 is the year of tropical edits, mark my words.

Jesse Rose - Night At The Dogs - Dubsided
Vv Brown Ft Lilltle Boots - Leave (Little Boots Remix) - Island
Telepathe - So Fine - Iamsound
Lukid & Actress - Bbq - Werk Disc
Magnetic Man - Cyber Man - Magnetic Man
Macheal Montano Ft Busy Singal - Push Bumper Remix - Cdr
Ryan Leslie - I-R-I-N-A - Next Selection
Passion Pit - Sleepy Head - French Kiss Records
Mago Bo Ft Mohammed Issa Matona - Longa Nahawand Adaptation - Unknown
MAGA BO - IN THE MIX
Maga Bo - Opening - Unknown
Soy El Control - El Hijo De La Cumbia - Unknown
Unknown - Untitled - Unknown
Unknown - Work It Cumbia - Unknown
Buju Banton - Champion (Acapella) - Unknown
Unknown - Boa Noite - Unknown
Unknown - Samba De Coco - Unknown
Unknown - Bookshelf Riddim - Unknown
Balkan Beat Box - Hermetico (Dub Gabriel And Kush Arora Remix) - Unknown
Unknown - Untitled - Unknown
Unknown - Katpulte - Unknown
Dj Rupture - High Resolution - Unknown
Frikstailers - Sudaka Invasor - Unknown
K’naan - Soobax - Unknown
Akzent Feat. Beenie Man - Zingy (Po Clean Edit) - Unknown
Kelis And Beenie Man - Trick Me Twice (Heatwave Refix) - Unknown
Kalil - Here We Go - Unknown
Unknown - Bad Gal Forward - Unknown
Unknown - Bad Man Forward - Unknown
Unknown - Hard Slam Riddim - Unknown
Orquestra E Coro - Kriola - Unknown
Lucas Sanntana - M’bala - Unknown
Maga Bo Vs. Sabo - Cafecito Beat - Unknown
Jahdan Blakkamoore - Pon Time - Unknown
Unkown - Um Dois Tres (Dub Club Remake) - Unknown
Fulanito - Chillando Goma - Unknown
Pepepe - Reggaetron - Unknown
Maga Bo - Airplane Landing - Unknown

Skiptastic said:
It's a mix of Deadmau5's song "Not Exactly". Don't know if Deadmau5 mixed it different himself or if it's someone's remix. Then it goes into some dark laughing and music. Then to Ghosts N Stuff. And yeah, it's pretty fucking awesome.

That dark laughing is Vincent Price. The same guy, who laughed in Jackson's Thriller.

Slizz

im pissed, i cant burn the mustard pimp tape to a cd its 6 min over. an i dunno how i can cut 6 min out without me feel like im missing something

Slizz

i jus cut the first 6 min out, yea it sounds off right when you put it in, but i figure its jus the intro basically

btkadams

Slizz said:
i <3 this thread, anybody got suggestions for new electro similar to the mustard pimp that was posted i think on the first page? that mix is so sick.

an when is MSTRKRFTs cd coming out?
March 17th (St. Patrick's Day I believe)

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I hope MSTRKRFT will include an instrumental cd or something like that, because I don't really like the collaboraters they've announced. I'm holding my heart if it'll be like Bounce...

btkadams

Kitsuné said:
I hope MSTRKRFT will include an instrumental cd or something like that, because I don't really like the collaboraters they've announced. I'm holding my heart if it'll be like Bounce...
are you saying you hope the cd isn't like bounce? or you hope it is?

btw, here is FIST OF GOD (i've posted it before) but its proof that they are sitll having fairly instrumental stuff. i realize there's a vocal sample in it but its not really a collaborator. this song is the reason i am excited for the album.

Kitsuné

I hope the album is not like Bounce, which I kinda fear for after seeing the tracklist.

01. It Ain’t Love (feat. Lil Mo)
02. 1000 Cigarettes
03. Bounce (feat. N.O.R.E. & Isis)
04. Vuvuvu
05. Heartbreaker (feat. John Legend)
06. Fist Of God
07. So Deep (feat. Jahmal from the Carps)
08. Click Click (feat. E-40)
09. Word Up (feat. Ghostface Killah)
10. Breakaway (feat. Jahmal from the Carps)
11. 1000 Cigarettes (feat. Freeway)

Kitsuné said:
I hope the album is not like Bounce, which I kinda fear for after seeing the tracklist.

02. 1000 Cigarettes
04. Vuvuvu
06. Fist Of God

Barf.

btkadams

boredofcanada said:
Kitsuné said:

02. 1000 Cigarettes
04. Vuvuvu
06. Fist Of God
youtube the songs you guys.

click click
click click is fucking insane! listen to taht whole clip!!

vuvuvu
this song is insane live (same with bounce but youve expressed hatred lol)

seriously, just because it says featuring an artist doesnt mean they're THE WHOLE song like how NORE was.

EDIT: heres a high quality version of click click but its halfway through the vid. its a mix. it doesnt have the cool no bass part thats in the other version. at least i didnt notice on one listen.

Kitsuné

Look, I love MSTRKRFT and I agree VuVuVu is a monster, but I'd prefer if they wouldn't collaborate with rappers, but just keep the music. Click Click sounds amazing, I agree, but I'd love to hear an instrumental version of it instead.

Same thing with Bounce, I like the the music in it, but I don't like all the rapping over it.

Slizz

storyteller - soundproof: soundproof

an DECK'ARD, you should check that site out, they just changed it to where all you have to do is register for the blog an you can post your own mixes an what not on it

btkadams

Kitsuné said:
Look, I love MSTRKRFT and I agree VuVuVu is a monster, but I'd prefer if they wouldn't collaborate with rappers, but just keep the music. Click Click sounds amazing, I agree, but I'd love to hear an instrumental version of it instead.

Same thing with Bounce, I like the the music in it, but I don't like all the rapping over it.
hmm... well it sounds like there's a huge chunk of it without the rapping. it's closer to fist of god than it is close to bounce.

just get really wasted and put on bounce and your mind might change lol. being in a club and seeing everyone jumping and screaming "ALL I DO IS PARTYY" is an awesome feeling.

btw there is an instrumental version of bounce. PURCHASE YOUR MUSIC and you'd know that hehehe. the bounce ep has an instrumental version.

and once you buy it, send me the instrumental because its impossible to find online :D

Kitsuné

btkadams said:
hmm... well it sounds like there's a huge chunk of it without the rapping. it's closer to fist of god than it is close to bounce.

just get really wasted and put on bounce and your mind might change lol. being in a club and seeing everyone jumping and screaming "ALL I DO IS PARTYY" is an awesome feeling.

btw there is an instrumental version of bounce. PURCHASE YOUR MUSIC and you'd know that hehehe. the bounce ep has an instrumental version.

and once you buy it, send me the instrumental because its impossible to find online :D
I just don't get why they did an instrumental for the radio edit, and not for the extended version =/
And for the record, I did buy the Bounce EP, only it was the version with the extended edit, radio edit, and VuVuVu :p (I only bought it for VuVuVu)

btkadams

Kitsuné said:
I just don't get why they did an instrumental for the radio edit, and not for the extended version =/
And for the record, I did buy the Bounce EP, only it was the version with the extended edit, radio edit, and VuVuVu :p (I only bought it for VuVuVu)
ill be honest i wondered that too. but i've been drunk so much listening to that song that if i ever heard that synth playing i would be singing all i do is party over top lol.

okno

joelseph said:
Just got my ticket for Branded in Chicago!

What's this? Chicago has been pretty freaking terrible the last few months when it comes to dance shows (The last one I went to was the M_nus 10th Anniversary show in October), and I couldn't' find any info about this.

P.S. everyone should check out Marco Carola's "Bloody Cash" and Hobo's 'From A to B' EP, like now.

joelseph

okno said:
What's this? Chicago has been pretty freaking terrible the last few months when it comes to dance shows (The last one I went to was the M_nus 10th Anniversary show in October), and I couldn't' find any info about this.

P.S. everyone should check out Marco Carola's "Bloody Cash" and Hobo's 'From A to B' EP, like now.

Deadmouse and Crookers are headlining the congress theatre on 4.11 with local djs like Zeebo and Local Hero who are both awesome. 27 bucks for hardcopy tickets. Saw the preflyer this morning.

Top Bottom