The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi all.

Ive been a gamer for about 35 years now. First console was the Atari 2600 and one of my favorites was the commodore 64.

Mostly a PS gamer (exclusives) but will play on anything. Built my daughter a PC and she likes Nintendo Switch.

Live in WV and other hobbies are fitness, football, and just trying to enjoy life a bit.

Im here because im also a video game nerd.
Thank you for joining us and welcome aboard :)

MrRixter

Neo Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey all,

Not new but I don't post much. Was wondering what happened to this place? I couldn't stand most of the community in the past but now everyone seems cool. I'm not complaining just wondering. Its a place I can hang out now.

Raph64

Jan 11, 2019
the Underground
Hey all,

Not new but I don't post much. Was wondering what happened to this place? I couldn't stand most of the community in the past but now everyone seems cool. I'm not complaining just wondering. Its a place I can hang out now.
Hey man, first of all glad to see you back ! ;)

Ever since the incident that happened during summer 2017, most of the problematic members and mods went to migrate to ResetERA, now this place is more sane and friendly. So basically, ResetERA was the best thing to happen to GAF, as it took all of the toxicity away from it.

Hope you’ll feel at your place and we hope to look forward to your future posts :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

MrRixter

Neo Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks! Feels good to be here now. I never got into the reddit hypetrain, forums are my thing and a quality forum is harder to come by these days. It all makes sense now and by the way you used the perfect word to describe it: "more sane".

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey all,

Welcome back friend. This place is great now since all the toxic scumbags shifted to another place. Hope you stay and participate with us :)

Mar 23, 2014
Well, after a several month hiatus I finally logged back in (nearly a two months short of a year I think) and GAF has achievements now? Anyway I suppose I'll just quickly introduce myself now in this case because I never did before.

Hello all, my name is CaptainLoveline. I joined back in 2014 under the alias HandleWithCare, legit don't know why I initially chose that name but I had it later changed to the name I currently have. A quick history lesson about my current handle is that it came from Persona 4 Arena where I picked out the 3 words "Captain Loveline Sexyman" for my online title which gave me a chuckle for a good few minutes after coming up with it and as such it became my name going forward, but obviously shortened down to just CaptainLoveline because it was too long.

I'm 23 and in the UK, I started gaming when I was 4 on a PS1 playing Lego games and Rayman until I later got a Gamecube which made me a fan of Nintendo, nowadays I'm into fighting games, horror and old school stuff in general. I'm known amongst my close friends as "the guy who exclusively picks female characters when given the option*" (*however exceptions are made for animal characters or characters too goofy to not play, bonus points if both.), currently I'm juggling between playing Sekiro, Tekken 7 and Smash.

Outside of games I'm either watching sitcoms or some thriller/mystery anime, looking at dumb memes and listening to music.

I think that's a decent summary of things, feels good to be back and I'll try to post more from now and be involved more in discussions.

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Well, after a several month hiatus I finally logged back in (nearly a two months short of a year I think) and GAF has achievements now? Anyway I suppose I'll just quickly introduce myself now in this case because I never did before.

Hello all, my name is CaptainLoveline. I joined back in 2014 under the alias HandleWithCare, legit don't know why I initially chose that name but I had it later changed to the name I currently have. A quick history lesson about my current handle is that it came from Persona 4 Arena where I picked out the 3 words "Captain Loveline Sexyman" for my online title which gave me a chuckle for a good few minutes after coming up with it and as such it became my name going forward, but obviously shortened down to just CaptainLoveline because it was too long.

I'm 23 and in the UK, I started gaming when I was 4 on a PS1 playing Lego games and Rayman until I later got a Gamecube which made me a fan of Nintendo, nowadays I'm into fighting games, horror and old school stuff in general. I'm known amongst my close friends as "the guy who exclusively picks female characters when given the option*" (*however exceptions are made for animal characters or characters too goofy to not play, bonus points if both.), currently I'm juggling between playing Sekiro, Tekken 7 and Smash.

Outside of games I'm either watching sitcoms or some thriller/mystery anime, looking at dumb memes and listening to music.

I think that's a decent summary of things, feels good to be back and I'll try to post more from now and be involved more in discussions.
Welcome back mate :)

BunzLee

Neo Member
Apr 11, 2019
Switzerland
Good morning, everyone!

I've always wanted to register to NeoGaf, but back then, things used to be a bit more complicated. A couple of days ago I figured I might check out the site again, and finally made the decision to get on here. So here I am, and I might aswell introduce myself. I'm Bunz, 33, from Switzerland.

Ever since being a kid, I had a strong connection to games and everything nerdy. I was lucky enough to have parents that owned an oldschool gaming store, so I grew up surrounded by the NES, SNES and a lot of older tech. The store closed two or three years before the PS2 was released, but I have never lost interest in video games. Nowadays I play mostly on PC, even though I own all the current gen consoles, and I spend most of my limited time playing Word of Warcraft, which I have been playing since day 1.

I'm looking forward to a ton of interesting discussions.

Cheers

Scopa

Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Good morning, everyone!

I've always wanted to register to NeoGaf, but back then, things used to be a bit more complicated. A couple of days ago I figured I might check out the site again, and finally made the decision to get on here. So here I am, and I might aswell introduce myself. I'm Bunz, 33, from Switzerland.

Ever since being a kid, I had a strong connection to games and everything nerdy. I was lucky enough to have parents that owned an oldschool gaming store, so I grew up surrounded by the NES, SNES and a lot of older tech. The store closed two or three years before the PS2 was released, but I have never lost interest in video games. Nowadays I play mostly on PC, even though I own all the current gen consoles, and I spend most of my limited time playing Word of Warcraft, which I have been playing since day 1.

Cheers
You’re parents owned a games store? 😲

You lucky bastard!

Reactions: BunzLee

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Good morning, everyone!

Cheers
Welcome aboard friend! You lucky bastard your parents had a video games store?! I’m not jealous!!

Looking forward to see you around more mate :)

Reactions: BunzLee

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello there! I'm technically new bit i've been lurking in the shadows for a long long time and also registered in the old forum (but decided to stay away for obvious reasons). It's refreshing to see this forum in good shape and full of people talking about ,you know, gaming.
Welcome aboard mate. Looking forward to see you participate with us :)

PltclSniper

Neo Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone! Been lurking for awhile and completely forgot I even had an account here since all I did was lurk! Glad to see GAF growing again! Its been awhile since I have engaged with any time of forum since the good old days of the Half life mod "Firearms" OTF and I have been drawn like a moth to the flame for GAF's OTF!

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
Hello everyone! Been lurking for awhile and completely forgot I even had an account here since all I did was lurk! Glad to see GAF growing again! Its been awhile since I have engaged with any time of forum since the good old days of the Half life mod "Firearms" OTF and I have been drawn like a moth to the flame for GAF's OTF!
Glad you finally remembered to log in!

Reactions: Raph64

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello there. Welcome aboard trooper, don’t make this your first and last post :)

Stouffers

Neo Member
Oct 17, 2017
I’d like to contribute but don’t have permissions to make threads. I have an IQ well over 7,000 and want to share my intellect with NeoGaf.

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
I’d like to contribute but don’t have permissions to make threads. I have an IQ well over 7,000 and want to share my intellect with NeoGaf.
Welcome Einstein, you’ll have your thread making privilege when you participate more :)