• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Mista

Banned
Hi all.

Ive been a gamer for about 35 years now. First console was the Atari 2600 and one of my favorites was the commodore 64.

Mostly a PS gamer (exclusives) but will play on anything. Built my daughter a PC and she likes Nintendo Switch.

Live in WV and other hobbies are fitness, football, and just trying to enjoy life a bit.

Im here because im also a video game nerd.
Thank you for joining us and welcome aboard :)

Hey all,

Not new but I don't post much. Was wondering what happened to this place? I couldn't stand most of the community in the past but now everyone seems cool. I'm not complaining just wondering. Its a place I can hang out now.

Raph64

Hey all,

Not new but I don't post much. Was wondering what happened to this place? I couldn't stand most of the community in the past but now everyone seems cool. I'm not complaining just wondering. Its a place I can hang out now.

Hey man, first of all glad to see you back ! ;)

Ever since the incident that happened during summer 2017, most of the problematic members and mods went to migrate to ResetERA, now this place is more sane and friendly. So basically, ResetERA was the best thing to happen to GAF, as it took all of the toxicity away from it.

Hope you’ll feel at your place and we hope to look forward to your future posts :messenger_winking:

Last edited:
Thanks! Feels good to be here now. I never got into the reddit hypetrain, forums are my thing and a quality forum is harder to come by these days. It all makes sense now and by the way you used the perfect word to describe it: "more sane".

Mista

Banned
Hey all,

Welcome back friend. This place is great now since all the toxic scumbags shifted to another place. Hope you stay and participate with us :)

Well, after a several month hiatus I finally logged back in (nearly a two months short of a year I think) and GAF has achievements now? Anyway I suppose I'll just quickly introduce myself now in this case because I never did before.

Hello all, my name is CaptainLoveline. I joined back in 2014 under the alias HandleWithCare, legit don't know why I initially chose that name but I had it later changed to the name I currently have. A quick history lesson about my current handle is that it came from Persona 4 Arena where I picked out the 3 words "Captain Loveline Sexyman" for my online title which gave me a chuckle for a good few minutes after coming up with it and as such it became my name going forward, but obviously shortened down to just CaptainLoveline because it was too long.

I'm 23 and in the UK, I started gaming when I was 4 on a PS1 playing Lego games and Rayman until I later got a Gamecube which made me a fan of Nintendo, nowadays I'm into fighting games, horror and old school stuff in general. I'm known amongst my close friends as "the guy who exclusively picks female characters when given the option*" (*however exceptions are made for animal characters or characters too goofy to not play, bonus points if both.), currently I'm juggling between playing Sekiro, Tekken 7 and Smash.

Outside of games I'm either watching sitcoms or some thriller/mystery anime, looking at dumb memes and listening to music.

I think that's a decent summary of things, feels good to be back and I'll try to post more from now and be involved more in discussions.

Mista

Banned
Well, after a several month hiatus I finally logged back in (nearly a two months short of a year I think) and GAF has achievements now? Anyway I suppose I'll just quickly introduce myself now in this case because I never did before.

Hello all, my name is CaptainLoveline. I joined back in 2014 under the alias HandleWithCare, legit don't know why I initially chose that name but I had it later changed to the name I currently have. A quick history lesson about my current handle is that it came from Persona 4 Arena where I picked out the 3 words "Captain Loveline Sexyman" for my online title which gave me a chuckle for a good few minutes after coming up with it and as such it became my name going forward, but obviously shortened down to just CaptainLoveline because it was too long.

I'm 23 and in the UK, I started gaming when I was 4 on a PS1 playing Lego games and Rayman until I later got a Gamecube which made me a fan of Nintendo, nowadays I'm into fighting games, horror and old school stuff in general. I'm known amongst my close friends as "the guy who exclusively picks female characters when given the option*" (*however exceptions are made for animal characters or characters too goofy to not play, bonus points if both.), currently I'm juggling between playing Sekiro, Tekken 7 and Smash.

Outside of games I'm either watching sitcoms or some thriller/mystery anime, looking at dumb memes and listening to music.

I think that's a decent summary of things, feels good to be back and I'll try to post more from now and be involved more in discussions.
Welcome back mate :)

BunzLee

Good morning, everyone!

I've always wanted to register to NeoGaf, but back then, things used to be a bit more complicated. A couple of days ago I figured I might check out the site again, and finally made the decision to get on here. So here I am, and I might aswell introduce myself. I'm Bunz, 33, from Switzerland.

Ever since being a kid, I had a strong connection to games and everything nerdy. I was lucky enough to have parents that owned an oldschool gaming store, so I grew up surrounded by the NES, SNES and a lot of older tech. The store closed two or three years before the PS2 was released, but I have never lost interest in video games. Nowadays I play mostly on PC, even though I own all the current gen consoles, and I spend most of my limited time playing Word of Warcraft, which I have been playing since day 1.

I'm looking forward to a ton of interesting discussions.

Cheers

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Good morning, everyone!

I've always wanted to register to NeoGaf, but back then, things used to be a bit more complicated. A couple of days ago I figured I might check out the site again, and finally made the decision to get on here. So here I am, and I might aswell introduce myself. I'm Bunz, 33, from Switzerland.

Ever since being a kid, I had a strong connection to games and everything nerdy. I was lucky enough to have parents that owned an oldschool gaming store, so I grew up surrounded by the NES, SNES and a lot of older tech. The store closed two or three years before the PS2 was released, but I have never lost interest in video games. Nowadays I play mostly on PC, even though I own all the current gen consoles, and I spend most of my limited time playing Word of Warcraft, which I have been playing since day 1.

Cheers
You’re parents owned a games store? 😲

You lucky bastard!

Mista

Banned
Good morning, everyone!

Cheers
Welcome aboard friend! You lucky bastard your parents had a video games store?! I’m not jealous!!

Looking forward to see you around more mate :)

Mista

Banned
Hello there! I'm technically new bit i've been lurking in the shadows for a long long time and also registered in the old forum (but decided to stay away for obvious reasons). It's refreshing to see this forum in good shape and full of people talking about ,you know, gaming.
Welcome aboard mate. Looking forward to see you participate with us :)

PltclSniper

Neo Member
Hello everyone! Been lurking for awhile and completely forgot I even had an account here since all I did was lurk! Glad to see GAF growing again! Its been awhile since I have engaged with any time of forum since the good old days of the Half life mod "Firearms" OTF and I have been drawn like a moth to the flame for GAF's OTF!

Hello everyone! Been lurking for awhile and completely forgot I even had an account here since all I did was lurk! Glad to see GAF growing again! Its been awhile since I have engaged with any time of forum since the good old days of the Half life mod "Firearms" OTF and I have been drawn like a moth to the flame for GAF's OTF!
Glad you finally remembered to log in!

Mista

Banned
Hello there. Welcome aboard trooper, don’t make this your first and last post :)

Hi,

I've been gaming since the Mega Drive/Genesis days. My first games I played were Spy vs Spy and fantasy world.

I'm not a fan boy of any console in particular, it's just whatever grabs my attention at that moment. My history goes:

Mega Drive>PSX>Dreamcast>Xbox>Xbox 360>Ps4-XboneX>ps5?

Always played PC in the background.

Lurked on Gaf since the closure of Teamxbox back int' day. I've lurked during many an E3 and left this site about two years ago due to SJW madness. Glad to see Gaf is back on track and back to its' best.

That's about it.

See you around the Xbox one watercooler

Shelbutt

Hi everyone! My name is Shelbutt, But you can call me Shel as well.
I'm a 27 old lady who's been gaming since a was a young young kid (Nintendo ftw)
Right now I mostly play single player games to relax, and have kinda given up on the multiplayer games because of just general toxicity. BUT. I look foward to having nice disscussions with people about anything and everything. Currently I have a ps4, Switch, PC, an older Xbox 360 that I love dearly, and older psp. Feel free to message me or whatever :)

Mista

Banned
More people. I. LOVE. IT!
Cześć wszystkim mam na imię Alan jestem tutaj nowy i mam nadzieję że się dogadamy:) pozdrawiam
We got CDPR in the building! Welcome aboard Alan, dziękuję za dołączenie do nas :)
Hi,

I've been gaming since the Mega Drive/Genesis days. My first games I played were Spy vs Spy and fantasy world.

I'm not a fan boy of any console in particular, it's just whatever grabs my attention at that moment. My history goes:

Mega Drive>PSX>Dreamcast>Xbox>Xbox 360>Ps4-XboneX>ps5?

Always played PC in the background.

Lurked on Gaf since the closure of Teamxbox back int' day. I've lurked during many an E3 and left this site about two years ago due to SJW madness. Glad to see Gaf is back on track and back to its' best.

That's about it.

See you around the Xbox one watercooler
Yo yo welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :)
Hi everyone! My name is Shelbutt, But you can call me Shel as well.
I'm a 27 old lady who's been gaming since a was a young young kid (Nintendo ftw)
Right now I mostly play single player games to relax, and have kinda given up on the multiplayer games because of just general toxicity. BUT. I look foward to having nice disscussions with people about anything and everything. Currently I have a ps4, Switch, PC, an older Xbox 360 that I love dearly, and older psp. Feel free to message me or whatever :)
Welcome aboard butt! I mean Shel. Thank you for joining us :)

Kadayi

Banned
Cześć wszystkim mam na imię Alan jestem tutaj nowy i mam nadzieję że się dogadamy:) pozdrawiam

Though NeoGAF is an international forum, discussion is to be held in English unless otherwise designated.

Mista

Banned
Currently playing overwatch
giphy.gif

Overwatchs toxicity is cute. I play Siege since day one so this is nothing to me..

The whole meta, throwers and everything in this game pisses me off now. I’m a competitive player so no way I’ll chill playing quick play
lesser throwers now but a lot of laid back players in competitive mode. i dont know why they dont play quick play

CloudSolace

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael, but my friends call me Mike or Mikey. I'm 32 and turning 33 on May 14th. I was raised up on video games and have been playing them since the Atari/NES days. I am a huge fan of games and always will be. I am also a big fan of professional wrestling and anime. Lately I have falling off the wrestling train, but anime is an obsession of mine and has been since I was a teenager.

You can probably guess from my avatar, but my favorite anime series is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden/Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. My favorite character is Sasuke Uchiha. I also love Dragon Ball/Z/Super and My Hero Academia to name a couple more, but I have watched a ton of anime.

I am happy to be here as a new member of NeoGAF and I hope I can make some friends while I contribute to the forum discussions.

Let's do this. :messenger_grinning:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael, but my friends call me Mike or Mikey. I'm 32 and turning 33 on May 14th. I was raised up on video games and have been playing them since the Atari/NES days. I am a huge fan of games and always will be. I am also a big fan of professional wrestling and anime. Lately I have falling off the wrestling train, but anime is an obsession of mine and has been since I was a teenager.

You can probably guess from my avatar, but my favorite anime series is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden/Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. My favorite character is Sasuke Uchiha. I also love Dragon Ball/Z/Super and My Hero Academia to name a couple more, but I have watched a ton of anime.

I am happy to be here as a new member of NeoGAF and I hope I can make some friends while I contribute to the forum discussions.

The Will of Fire still burns brightly. Welcome aboard, Mike. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Melon

Banned
Hello everyone,

Welcome, Michael, it's good to have ya! You'll find friends here in no time -- we're all pretty cool (well, most of us) if I say so myself. 😎

Mista

Banned
Hello everyone,

Welcome aboard Mikey! Thank you for joining us. I liked you from the start of your post until I read Naruto/Boruto...We can’t be friends because you’re a filler machine!! Just kidding mate. Looking forward to see participate you with us more and here’s the anime/manga discussion thread if you wanna join us there at any time :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom