• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Hi GAFers! I'm JC 1080P CRT, which is shorthand for "John Carmack's 1080p CRT (monitor that he used when programming in the mid-1990s)." My avatar shows Carmack and his legendary CRT.

My sweetspot era of games spans from 1995-2008, although some of my favorite games fall outside this range.

Some of my faves include:
- Mortal Kombat
- Sierra point-and-click games from series like King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc.
- DOOM (1 and 2)
- Chrono Trigger
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Quake
- Bomberman (Saturn is my fave version)
- Metal Gear Solid series (especially 1 and 2)
- Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series
- Resident Evil series (especially 2 and 4)

I'm kind of a lapsed gamer, meaning I don't play too many modern games. I've had fun though with playing recent indie/AA titles like Huntdown, UnMetal, Neon White, and Rollerdrome.

My acquisition of a Steam Deck greatly increased my monthly average playtime, and is already one of my favorite systems ever. I've used it to play both retro and modern games, and I expect it to be my main platform of play for a long time.

My main non-gaming hobby/spectator sport is pro wrestling, although I'm kind of a lapsed fan with that too.

I've been lurking GAF since early 2021 and decided in late 2022 to pull the trigger on creating an account (which received approval status earlier this week).

That was a long intro, but I hope I hit all of the important points! Looking forward to more GAF goodness.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hi GAFers! I'm JC 1080P CRT, which is shorthand for "John Carmack's 1080p CRT (monitor that he used when programming in the mid-1990s)." My avatar shows Carmack and his legendary CRT.

My sweetspot era of games spans from 1995-2008, although some of my favorite games fall outside this range.

Some of my faves include:
- Mortal Kombat
- Sierra point-and-click games from series like King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc.
- DOOM (1 and 2)
- Chrono Trigger
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Quake
- Bomberman (Saturn is my fave version)
- Metal Gear Solid series (especially 1 and 2)
- Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series
- Resident Evil series (especially 2 and 4)

I'm kind of a lapsed gamer, meaning I don't play too many modern games. I've had fun though with playing recent indie/AA titles like Huntdown, UnMetal, Neon White, and Rollerdrome.

My acquisition of a Steam Deck greatly increased my monthly average playtime, and is already one of my favorite systems ever. I've used it to play both retro and modern games, and I expect it to be my main platform of play for a long time.

My main non-gaming hobby/spectator sport is pro wrestling, although I'm kind of a lapsed fan with that too.

I've been lurking GAF since early 2021 and decided in late 2022 to pull the trigger on creating an account (which received approval status earlier this week).

That was a long intro, but I hope I hit all of the important points! Looking forward to more GAF goodness.
Good taste in games. Welcome aboard!

bam1991dbz

Neo Member
Hey everyone!

I'm BAM. I love gaming. My first system was the SNES and I'm a Nintendo, Sony, and Xbox enthusiast (in that order). I don't PC game, but I hope to get a setup soon so I can start PC gaming.

My gaming taste is wide and varied I love pretty much everything. All genres, etc.

Any recommendations you have for me I will try to play.

My backlog is huge right now because we are so lucky to have so many quality games now a days.

Anyways, I'm super grateful to be here - thank you!

Zonned

Neo Member
I'm Zonned a long-time Nintendo gamer though I also own an Xbox Series X and a gaming PC.

I like games like:
Story of Seasons
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario Maker 2
and I'm looking forward to the new Hogwarts Legacy game

My hobbies I guess I like reading a lot of litrpg books. My favorite are probably series like "Everyone Loves Large Chests", "Dungeon Crawler Carl", "He Who Hunts Monsters" and "Wandering Inn". I also watch some TV shows and anime. I am a long-time fan of One Piece and have been watching it for almost 20 years now. I also read a lot of random mangas. The last anime I watched was the second season of Junji Ito and I have been watching the Last of Us TV show which I am enjoying so far. This is kind of the tip of the iceberg for me but I figured I would keep it short.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's been ages since I used a brush for primer. I got an airbrush for priming and base coating a few years ago and never looked back but I've heard good things about the valleo surface primer for priming with a brush. Any color will do, I'd avoid the white one personally. Just make sure to apply it thin as to not ruin the details of what you're priming :)
Thanks brother! :messenger_heart::messenger_heart::messenger_heart:

No pressure, but I would totally be down to participate in a model kit OT community thread.

Podge

Neo Member
Hi,

I’ve been reading NeoGAF for a while now but always felt anxious about posting. Glad to be here.

Anyway, I am a console gamer primarily. I have a Series X, PS5 and Switch OLED. Switch is definitely my favorite console ever due to its library and form factor. I’ve been playing video games since the late 1980s and am glad to have found a place to freely discuss the hobby.

Favorite franchises are Xenoblade Chronicles, Souls, Monster Hunter since World, and the usual Nintendo favorites.

I just beat Elden Beast and it felt ecstatic.

Nice to meet you all.

Jsisto

Hi,

I’ve been reading NeoGAF for a while now but always felt anxious about posting. Glad to be here.

Anyway, I am a console gamer primarily. I have a Series X, PS5 and Switch OLED. Switch is definitely my favorite console ever due to its library and form factor. I’ve been playing video games since the late 1980s and am glad to have found a place to freely discuss the hobby.

Favorite franchises are Xenoblade Chronicles, Souls, Monster Hunter since World, and the usual Nintendo favorites.

I just beat Elden Beast and it felt ecstatic.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome! Only thing preventing me from probably having the exact same avatar as you is that I love Skies of Arcadia SLIGHTLY more than the original xenoblade, but it's still one of my favorite games of all time! Also a big nintendo guy, pretty much only play switch, so we can be Nintenbuds. :p

Glad to have you aboard!

DEMONGreninjaPG

Neo Member
sup i'm omega_zero_zx i just moved from gbatemp and that chat they have is toxic as hell
anyways i mostly play friday night funkin and ddlc work on 3ds homebrew and play a bit of the megaman game series.
i also watch a lot of old school beyblade and beyblade burst db.
heh neo long time no seen hasnt it

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
garfield-hi-there.gif

I made this account and forgot about it!

You can call me Good Times or GT, I guess.

I mostly do pencil & paper roleplaying nowadays, but I still love videogames and play them somewhat frequently.

I like a little bit of everything, but I especially like snes games, ps1 games, old-school adventure games, and roleplaying games. I have a Nintendo Switch that I need to use more.

I love action-grinding games such as Nioh 2, strategy games like Heart of Iron 4, Europa Universalis IV, and all sort of indie games usually no one gives attention to.

I am working on gaming marketing, most of our games are single-player. I like discussing games with people and learning more about the gaming industry.

Cdbaksul

Neo Member
Aloha! New to NeoGAF and did the unthinkable, sold my OG PS4 and bought a Series S for ~30 EUR to pair with my dumb 1080p LG TV, for Starfield. And probably Diablo 4. Hopefully when/if budget allows I will want to upgrade to a Series X and a proper 4K TV.

Until then I've got a lot of Game Pass game stories to replay, new ones to discover, and this great forum to explore.

Cheers!

BangEm

Neo Member
Hey there, fellow gamers!

I'm Bang Em, and I'm excited to be a part of this awesome gaming community! I'm like most, a gaming content creator who loves to talk all things gaming.

Also i got a lot of love for anime! I'm a total old-school anime nerd, and I can't get enough of classics like Violence Jack, Ninja Scroll, Guyver, Fist Of The North Star, Tank Police, Cyber City Oedo and Wicked City. But don't get me wrong, I'm always down to check out some of the new-school stuff too!

Last edited:
What's up ladies & gentlemen?

I've been playing since the NES days in some shape or form. Took a huge break due to grown-up life and all but heavily got back into gaming a few years back, especially during Covid.

Massive movie and music nerd first and foremost. Gaming-wise I'm mainly PS5 and all sorts of retro games at this point. Some of my favorite games in no chronological or sensical order:

• Metroid Prime
  • Zelda: ALttP
  • Returnal
  • Resident Evil 1 Remake
  • Dark Souls
  • Prey (2017)
  • Doom (Original)
  • Subnautica
  • Hunt: Showdown
  • Final Fight
  • Castlevania III

Who knows, this list'd be endless if I kept going.

zapper

hi everyone, i'm zapper, from italy . I spend a lot of my free time learning about the video game industry, playing games and I'm studying how to enter the video game industry as a modeler. my favorite genre is rpg, any kind, my favorite platorms are pc, ps5 and switch.

nice to meet you

Vblad88

Hi!

Late 90s average Point'n'click fan turned into average Dark Souls enjoyer here. Glad to join this vivid, truly open minded community of players!

Top Bottom