• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Al Abaster

Howdy, folks. My first game was "Click Clack" on the Sumeria 3 Abacus back in 1392. Everyone said it was too point-and-click, but I liked it. Technology has created a few good things: the Bic lighter, the sharpened blade, stainless steel pot, and video games - the rest of it pretty much sucks I think and I avoid it. I guess the automated loom wasn't so bad.

I'm married, my wife is cool. I like her. She plays WoW, but hey, nobody's perfect.

I play so many games, but I still think Wizardry 8 was the best computer game ever made.

Mista

Banned
Howdy.

Recently jumped ship from a certain other rather infamous gaming forum.

I am both rootin' and tootin'.
Hello fellas! Finally joined Neogaf after years of reading this great foum. Hope I have a wonderful time and don't end up offending someone with my awful English.
Cheers!
Hi GAF!

I'm Theresa and have been a lurker on the old forum and here for years. Looking forward to great discussions!
Welcome aboard all and thank you for joining us. Hopefully we see you around more :D

CoachFeratu678

Neo Member
I was thinking that since I don't use social media anymore I might like to join a message board. I'm pretty enthusiastic about gaming so this seemed like a good fit.

First console was an N64 though I had played NES, SNES, and Genesis before then. Lifelong Zelda fan since Ocarina of Time but lately I've discovered the Castlevania series and been making my way through all the games. Bloodstained Curse of the Moon was AMAZING and I can't wait to finish Ritual of the Night!

Raph64

Name’s Rocky. I was wondering if I could get some privileges so that I can engage in the political forum...

Hi there Rocky ! :)

First, thank you for joining the GAF community, hope you’ll enjoy your stay here and feel at your ease. Here’s to hoping you’ll find some quality discussion with other members here :)

Regarding your posting privileges and Resetera, feel free to DM me so we can gets things clarified ;)

I'm curious what does the name of this site mean. I tried to do some research and came up with these definitions. But not sure which ones are correct if any for what the name is supposed to mean here.
Neo - A person who is really delusional, or “flawed”.
GAF - Gay as Fu%# [or] A Fag spelled backwards [or] Give a Fu%#

RockyRZ

Neo Member
We already know that that’s why we’re still here but care to tell why from your point of view? Also welcome aboard and thanks for joining us Rocky :)

Oh you know :)

Someone complains about sexism in video game characters. They admit they know it's fictional, so they "can't exactly decide for themselves to be empowered".

"So you admit they're fictional but you're still offended".

(User banned: dismissing concerns around sexualization/objectification, pattern of dismissive posts)

Mista

Banned
Oh you know :)

Someone complains about sexism in video game characters. They admit they know it's fictional, so they "can't exactly decide for themselves to be empowered".

"So you admit they're fictional but you're still offended".

(User banned: dismissing concerns around sexualization/objectification, pattern of dismissive posts)
Yup, that’s CuntsEra alright🤣🤣

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I'm curious what does the name of this site mean. I tried to do some research and came up with these definitions. But not sure which ones are correct if any for what the name is supposed to mean here.

Do you want to try again, or is this the tone you are setting for yourself?

KUNGFU RAMBO

Neo Member
HI People I'm a big fan of the battle field series and GTA ...MOSTLY PLAY BATTLE FRILD 3 ON X BOX ONE

i want to play games on my mac ...seen a few ytube vids on how its done but all the keypad controllers I've tried don't work. I've downloaded steam as it looks like they have a good controller mapper..

BUTTTTT... when i tried to set up a stem account the set up process dose not prompt me to set up a password ...then it asks me for one WTF ?

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS ISSUE ?

I've been throught the set up process several times replied to the verification email but still there is no option to set a password and yet it asks me for one

any info would B GREAT

THANKS

Zato

Banned
Hello all, Zato here. Been a member / lurker for many years here on GAF.

Was banned under the previous moderation setup but feel since the events of the recent past that there is less intolerance and over reaction here and so intend to up my posting and integrate back into the forum.

Long time gamer (almost 40), mostly play PC games these days but will always jump in on a new console release (sucker for a new toy) went PS4 last gen but it recently expired and it's too close to PS5 to buy a new PS4.

Anyway, brief intro .... hopefully get to know some of you more via the forum

Cheers!

Jordyboppers

Neo Member
Hi, I’m Jordan from near Birmingham in the UK. I’ve been trying to join Neogaf for a long time so i’m really happy to see I got approved in my inbox today...and no longer lurking in the shadows :p!

I run a youth project that provides social clubs all week for young people aged 5-25 and also holds a weekly gaming club for young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. (We do a live 24 hour gamesthon every year on twitch <3!)

I have literally played games all my life. My mains at the moment are a PS4, Vita, Switch and a Neo 25 Candy Arcade machine.

I spend most of my free time with my partner and our son who is 9. He is just like me in that we spend a fair bit of our time smashing through games :)

My PSN is Jordyboppers

(I hate that name but my friend was with me when I bought my PS3 and I didnt think it was an important thing at the time when he suggested the name lol)

Osukaa

Hi, I’m Jordan from near Birmingham in the UK. I’ve been trying to join Neogaf for a long time so i’m really happy to see I got approved in my inbox today...and no longer lurking in the shadows :p!

I run a youth project that provides social clubs all week for young people aged 5-25 and also holds a weekly gaming club for young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. (We do a live 24 hour gamesthon every year on twitch <3!)

I have literally played games all my life. My mains at the moment are a PS4, Vita, Switch and a Neo 25 Candy Arcade machine.

I spend most of my free time with my partner and our son who is 9. He is just like me in that we spend a fair bit of our time smashing through games :)

My PSN is Jordyboppers

(I hate that name but my friend was with me when I bought my PS3 and I didnt think it was an important thing at the time when he suggested the name lol)

Wow Great Job with the youth project. We need more people like you in this world ^_^ Welcome to GAF.

Jordyboppers

Neo Member
Wow Great Job with the youth project. We need more people like you in this world ^_^ Welcome to GAF.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Not going to lie its the best job ever! And hell yeah there certainly isn’t enough for kids out there today.

Our Projects facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/yourideasredditch , The Games Club is http://www.facebook.com/thegamesclubredditch and our website is http://www.yourideas.org.uk

Feel free to have a look at what we do, and expect me to plug a link to our gameathon in October :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Herr Edgy

Hey guys.

I'm a German game dev/tools developer and am working on the Unreal Engine side of things for the Articy Software GmbH, the company behind the game design and dialogue tool articy draft while doing my master's degree.
Over time and due to different events, I began disliking the game dev scene in some parts, but I can't help myself but still be interested in the world of games. Hence I keep up with gaming news and everything related. Personally, I play way too much Dota 2 and want to get back into playing more focused experiences (single player basically), but alas, finding time is hard between university, work, my own projects and the general duties of life.

Looking forward to have a platform to get back to once in a while.

Ashock

Neo Member
Hey people!

My name is Jake, I'm from the UK and I'm currently pushing through my first summer while attending university.
I massively underestimated how much free time I was going to have, and now find myself getting rather bored, and well, lonely. When I do I often turn to video games to pass the time (ES:O and Overwatch are my primary ones right now) and thought "you know what, let's kill two birds with one stone".

I often hop around different games a lot, and gaming has always been a top hobby of mine. Alongside meeting people with similar interests, I'm hoping being a part of a huge community like this will be a good way to keep in touch with the wider gaming world.

See you around. :)

Mista

Banned
Hey guys.

I'm a German game dev/tools developer and am working on the Unreal Engine side of things for the Articy Software GmbH, the company behind the game design and dialogue tool articy draft while doing my master's degree.
Over time and due to different events, I began disliking the game dev scene in some parts, but I can't help myself but still be interested in the world of games. Hence I keep up with gaming news and everything related. Personally, I play way too much Dota 2 and want to get back into playing more focused experiences (single player basically), but alas, finding time is hard between university, work, my own projects and the general duties of life.

Looking forward to have a platform to get back to once in a while.
Hey people!

My name is Jake, I'm from the UK and I'm currently pushing through my first summer while attending university.
I massively underestimated how much free time I was going to have, and now find myself getting rather bored, and well, lonely. When I do I often turn to video games to pass the time (ES:O and Overwatch are my primary ones right now) and thought "you know what, let's kill two birds with one stone".

I often hop around different games a lot, and gaming has always been a top hobby of mine. Alongside meeting people with similar interests, I'm hoping being a part of a huge community like this will be a good way to keep in touch with the wider gaming world.

See you around. :)
My name is Christian, I’m from Kentucky. I’m a paramedic and website developer.
Welcome aboard lads. Thank you for joining us :D

GAF is an acronym and refers to "Gaming Age Forum" and Neo to the fact that the original forum died and became NeoGAF. I wasn't a member of the original GAF, but lurked here since around 2007ish.

In English the word gaf (could be spelt gaffe though, need to spellcheck) is also slang for "my place" and "bad joke" too.

The mods here are great, I don't have any problems with them. I come mainly for the gaming news but stay for the regular news in OT and Politics. All the gaming news and opinion I need is here, honestly. Subscribed threads include "games you're currently playing" and "52 games in 1 year".

Cheers!

Last edited:

Matchbox

Neo Member
I wanted to find a better forum that where i usualy go to, hopefully this is it. I hear a lot about this site so i signed up. Gaming and music are my two favorite things in life (besides my family of course, but that wins by default).

Mista

Banned
Hey everyone, I'm completely new to this site! Word on the street is that this place is much better than others so I figured I'd join.
I wanted to find a better forum that where i usualy go to, hopefully this is it. I hear a lot about this site so i signed up. Gaming and music are my two favorite things in life (besides my family of course, but that wins by default).
You’re in the right place. Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D

Sir.Testicles

Neophyte
Hi, am new to the forum! Recently found it when searching for an asymmetrical quest RPG similar to Fallout 1 and 2. Just wanted to thank whoever is there to thank for accepting me into the forum and letting me stay with you guys! I hope this place helps me find some cool new pieces to fulfill my ever-expanding puzzle which I'm trying to solve from the age of 4.

Herr Edgy

I don't want to hijack this thread but as I haven't found a technical issues thread or a way to contact Staff and also can't open threads, I guess I'm going to:

I have disabled email notifications for content I am watching, yet I am receiving emails very frequently upon new posts in a thread I interact with.
Here are my account preferences:
a15efca6dfe0fd526ecbfb0a7366365f.png

Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I'm new to the forum?

Mista

Banned
I don't want to hijack this thread but as I haven't found a technical issues thread or a way to contact Staff and also can't open threads, I guess I'm going to:

I have disabled email notifications for content I am watching, yet I am receiving emails very frequently upon new posts in a thread I interact with.
Here are my account preferences:
a15efca6dfe0fd526ecbfb0a7366365f.png

Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I'm new to the forum?
Untick both “automatically” boxes too

Top Bottom