• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Helios

Untick both “automatically” boxes too
I don't think that's needed
I don't want to hijack this thread but as I haven't found a technical issues thread or a way to contact Staff and also can't open threads, I guess I'm going to:

I have disabled email notifications for content I am watching, yet I am receiving emails very frequently upon new posts in a thread I interact with.
Here are my account preferences:
a15efca6dfe0fd526ecbfb0a7366365f.png

Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I'm new to the forum?
There are three email options settings. One in account details, one in privacy and one in preference. Do you have all of them unticked?

Mista

Banned
Hey, GAF family! Been an avid reader and a fan for quite some time. Here’s to hoping that I’ll not shy away from actually sharing and participating in discussions.

PS: Love the new UI.
Hey guys my name is jacob. I like video games movies music sports. And basically chilling.
Hi neogaf members.My name is spyros .And iam from Greece,I love videogames and sports.
Welcome aboard lads. Thanks for joining us :D

TheCakeIsALie

Neo Member
M Gamer, Manchester, UK. #CTID

I'm predominantly an old school solo player who likes story driven games, but like a bit of online gaming too.

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 128k, played it for years and years before finally getting myself a Mega Drive, since then I've owned pretty much every gen of console (never owned a gaming PC) I currently own a PS4 having jumped from Xbox last gen.

I'm 42 years old now, I have a job, house, son, gf, and all the responsibilities that come with it, but I'm not quite ready to give up gaming yet. (roll on next gen....)

twrelectronics

Neo Member
M Gamer, Manchester, UK. #CTID

I'm predominantly an old school solo player who likes story driven games, but like a bit of online gaming too.

My first computer was a ZX Spectrum 128k, played it for years and years before finally getting myself a Mega Drive, since then I've owned pretty much every gen of console (never owned a gaming PC) I currently own a PS4 having jumped from Xbox last gen.

I'm 42 years old now, I have a job, house, son, gf, and all the responsibilities that come with it, but I'm not quite ready to give up gaming yet. (roll on next gen....)
hey what are some of your favorite games? older games? welcome!

twrelectronics

Neo Member
Hi everyone! happy to be a part of this forum! I really love some of the older sci-fi games such as the original unreal gold and unreal tournament. Some of the new ones such as PREY, witcher 3, and so on. I am also a game developer preparing to release my first game "Chaos" which happens to be inspired from my love of unreal. Glad to be welcomed here on the forums! :messenger_smiling:

Hi everyone! happy to be a part of this forum! I really love some of the older sci-fi games such as the original unreal gold and unreal tournament. Some of the new ones such as PREY, witcher 3, and so on. I am also a game developer preparing to release my first game "Chaos" which happens to be inspired from my love of unreal. Glad to be welcomed here on the forums! :messenger_smiling:
Nice! It's cool to have a game developer on the forums. I'm sure you'll find other Unreal fans here. Enjoy your stay!

Last edited:

LostDragoon

Neo Member
Hi folks, Colum from Ireland. Love video games, retro to current-gen. I'm no-one special but I'm working on a novel hope one day to get published. I am working along with a talented voice actor and an artist who has worked on some ps4/xbone/pc games so hopefully I reach those heights.

Haven't introduced myself here before so might as well do so now!

Hi GAF, I'm ProgenitorCastle. Some of the games I love are old-school, arcade-y, have great gameplay, memorable music, great atmosphere in them. You should see from my posts which type of games are up my alley. A game I'm looking forward to is Astral Chain from game gods PlatinumGames! August 30th can't come soon enough! My choice of avatar is an 8-bit Leon from a demake of Resident Evil 4 in 8 bit on Newgrounds, called Bio Evil 4 I think. I picked him as my choice of avatar because I really love Resident Evil 4, the game itself is god-tier and has such a fascinating dev. history behind it. Plus that game, Bio Evil 4, was really cool and fun to play, it had NES like controls to it yet was brutal to beat...so yea if you want, look up the game on NG

Last edited:
Hello I"m KingGhidorah, this is my first post in this forum

Political Spectrum: Overall I'm a conservative

Environmental: Progressive
Immigration: Conservative
Family values: Conservative
Gun-control: Progressive
Gender issues: Conservative
Pro/Anti-Trump: I like his policies, but I don't like his personalities

I heard this place is 're-born' to be a better place than the last one

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Hello I"m KingGhidorah, this is my first post in this forum

Political Spectrum: Overall I'm a conservative

Environmental: Progressive
Immigration: Conservative
Family values: Conservative
Gun-control: Progressive
Gender issues: Conservative
Pro/Anti-Trump: I like his policies, but I don't like his personalities

I heard this place is 're-born' to be a better place than the last one

Welcome. Most people here don't give two shits what your political affiliation is. We just shit talk each other and talk games for the most part.

Hey everyone. I recently signed up after lurking in the forums for a few weeks. I like the community and overall vibe I get from this place. A little about me, I like playing RPGs (JRPGs, WRPGs, RPGs about RPGs) also like tactical combat games, like Xcom or Jagged Alliance 2, and other titles as well. I pretty much play everything except sports games.
If I am not playing games I am either reading about them, reading manga (currently reading Berserk), watching movies/TV, or working on projects. I made a briefcase arcade a while back and got a little attention from that. I also made a MAME cade, etc.
Thanks for having me on the forums!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hey everyone. I recently signed up after lurking in the forums for a few weeks. I like the community and overall vibe I get from this place. A little about me, I like playing RPGs (JRPGs, WRPGs, RPGs about RPGs) also like tactical combat games, like Xcom or Jagged Alliance 2, and other titles as well. I pretty much play everything except sports games.
If I am not playing games I am either reading about them, reading manga (currently reading Berserk), watching movies/TV, or working on projects. I made a briefcase arcade a while back and got a little attention from that. I also made a MAME cade, etc.
Thanks for having me on the forums!
A fellow arcade enthusiast! Welcome.

kirillki2

Neophyte
Hi, my name is Sanchez, I am a businessman from the future, I came for advice
I like to eat and chat
It will be interesting to see how people live here.
I am also from RUSSIA!

Last edited:

Katsura

Hello

On and off lurker here, been looking for a good gaming forum for a while now. Those are hard to find these days and i cannot emphasize how much i despise Reddit and Discord. Anyway, seems like this is a nice place since the perpetually offended left and created their own containment site so i thought i'd give it a shot

Currently i'm mostly into PC and Nintendo games but i've had consoles from all the major brands. Having been gaming since the C64 days, i prefer gameplay over anything else and i hate cinematic games. I enjoy roguelikes, roguelites, platformers, strategy games of all kinds, RPGs and the occasional action games. I was big into FPS a long time ago but that ended with 4 hour long campaigns in favour of multiplayer, DLC map packs and all the other nonsense that came with it

sun2495632363

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

I am Allen, I have been in the business for a few years but never posted. Now gaf seems to be moving in a better direction, and I hope to help build a better community than before.
My two favorite games are GTA5 and Red Dead: RedemptionII

Nice to meet you.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hello everyone!

I am Allen, I have been in the business for a few years but never posted. Now gaf seems to be moving in a better direction, and I hope to help build a better community than before.
My two favorite games are GTA5 and Red Dead: RedemptionII

Nice to meet you.
Welcome aboard mate :D
My name Eagle_One

I love baseball and my family. In that order : )

I believe... no, I know Bull Durham is the greatest movie ever made. I know Prince is the greatest artist ever.

I have a 4 pound yorkie
Hey look Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese another baseball fan. Welcome aboard mate :D

hux3ly

Neo Member
Aloha! My name is Huxley!

I currently live in the great state of Hawaii - because my wife made me move here with our amazing Labrador, Calypso.
I am a little obsessed with Nirvana, Wes Anderson films, and books by Cormac Mccarthy.
I am also extremely excited for Cyberpunk 2077.

Currently playing: Atom RPG
Currently listening: Kings of Convenience - Declaration of Dependence
Currently reading: Serving the Servant - Remembering Kurt Cobain

Lest I forget, I am happy to be a part of this community. I've been lurking for years.
Thanks for having me.

:)

Mrfudface

Neo Member
Hi,

Trained Chef. Weakness for BMW's & Planes. Currently unemployed so I do what I want to do. Gym, Books, Hiking & last but not least Cooking.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute or at least be not a non-indicator using jerk :-

Mista

Banned
hi everyone
Hi, I’m whitehawk115. I generally play fps
games such as CoD, but I’m always looking for chances to branch out. It’s nice to meet you all!
Aloha! My name is Huxley!

I currently live in the great state of Hawaii - because my wife made me move here with our amazing Labrador, Calypso.
I am a little obsessed with Nirvana, Wes Anderson films, and books by Cormac Mccarthy.
I am also extremely excited for Cyberpunk 2077.

Currently playing: Atom RPG
Currently listening: Kings of Convenience - Declaration of Dependence
Currently reading: Serving the Servant - Remembering Kurt Cobain

Lest I forget, I am happy to be a part of this community. I've been lurking for years.
Thanks for having me.

:)
Welcome all. Glad to have you with us :D
Hi,

Trained Chef. Weakness for BMW's & Planes. Currently unemployed so I do what I want to do. Gym, Books, Hiking & last but not least Cooking.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute or at least be not a non-indicator using jerk :-
Planes you say? I fix them :D Thanks for joining

Top Bottom