• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

KiNeMz

Banned
Hi. Im Kinemz. Ive lurked here on and off for years, then moved to another forum a while ago. I discoevered I didnt like that place much, and its so much nicer here. Ive been gaming for many a years and just enjoy a place to keep up on the latest gaming news. Thanks for opening up the account memberships.

PUNKem733

HI, I've been a lurker for over 12 years, and I registered only cause it was easier then before, (registered yesterday) where you have to be a super CIA agent to join. I'm 42, been gaming since the mid 80's. I don't game even 5% as much as in my heyday, but the industry (esp the tech) fascinates me. Love sports (NY Yankees, NY Giants), cars, weed/CBD (work in that industry) and I'm a walking encyclopedia of the most arcane/useless/useful/obscure facts and how shit works, nearly everything I read sticks in my head, and I can recall it anytime.

Bottom line I'm friendly, but weird. And fat, god I gotta lose some weight. Oh I'm Jordanian, but born and raised in Yonkers, NY, moved when I was 14 to Southern California, currently live in the high desert. That's me in a cracked nut shell. I'm leaving shit out, but I usually hate typing shit about me for 10-15 mins straight.

Quasicat

Hi, I’m Quasicat and I’ve been a lurker on this site for more than a decade. My school district had a strict policy about staff and social media up until recently. They listed My Space, Facebook, all forums, even Google+. They did not count Live or PSN as a form of social media...which is good because I would’ve probably quit.

Mista

Banned
Hello everyone. ^^

For some months now, I've wanted to go back to using forums and came across this one early on my search. I have to say this site looks really nice!

So, thank you for having me here and I hope we can get along. ^^
Thanks for accepting me into your forum
Hi, I’m Quasicat and I’ve been a lurker on this site for more than a decade. My school district had a strict policy about staff and social media up until recently. They listed My Space, Facebook, all forums, even Google+. They did not count Live or PSN as a form of social media...which is good because I would’ve probably quit.
I'm TK, and I play a shit tonne of vidya and make cocktails inspired by them every so often. I'm also a writer, but the business kind, not the fun kind. No books from me, unfortunately. Not yet, anyway.
It’s always great to have new people! Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D

Pumpkin Nutz

Neo Member
Hello People I’m Pumpkin Nutz and I’m a great guy.

I got my username name by combining 2 things that are universally loved Pumpkins and Nutz.

I’m an Aquarius and I enjoy waffles,maple syrup,shoes that fitted properly,pleasant smells,etc.
I’m 6’1” on a good day.I weighed myself 3 weeks ago and I was 173lbs.If you offer me a cranberry I will eat it.

That’s enough about me.

Last edited:

SwishPants

Neo Member
Hello all! Glad to be here! I’ve been a gamer for over 30 years now, and love to play on all platforms (all under my same username). Looking forward to some good discussions. A little more about me, I love a good FPS, am a former Marine, and currently working in the tech field.

Helios

Career game designer and developer. I will basically play anything.
Hey, can you help me with that kill switch.
c4a7697ea9cc48aeac0d0699c387006e.jpg

memoryman3

Neo Member
Hi guys! You might know me as memoryman. I have been lurking on this forum for around 6 years now, and it's great to see that this place has become more welcoming and inviting! Of course I will be mostly on the gaming forum posting about Nintendo stuff and findings! Love all you guys!

Last edited:

Lee Bee

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me how to get privileges to start a thread? And why do you even need privileges anyway? Why is there no FAQ with this information? I've searched all over the site for it.

Mista

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to get privileges to start a thread? And why do you even need privileges anyway? Why is there no FAQ with this information? I've searched all over the site for it.
Because you’re a neophyte and not a full member yet

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You can post it here:

Lee Bee

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies but I am nonethewiser. I'm starting to think this isn't the forum for me. It seems a little snooty and guarded. I mean this isn't some kind of secret society, it's a forum to talk about videogames - children's toys. It's supposed to be fun and friendly, not all "keep out"!?

Frankly, video game nerds should be happy to find likeminded people online, let alone putting up barriers to stop people interacting? I just don't get it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Wait so when can I start posting threads of my own?
It depends. You have to meet a time and/or a post quota and then you can become a full member with thread posting privileges.

It’s like a probationary period. It serves the purpose of making sure people are here for the right reasons and not spammers/bots/trolls instead.

Welcome, btw.

EDIT:
Thanks for the replies but I am nonethewiser. I'm starting to think this isn't the forum for me. It seems a little snooty and guarded. I mean this isn't some kind of secret society, it's a forum to talk about videogames - children's toys. It's supposed to be fun and friendly, not all "keep out"!?

Frankly, video game nerds should be happy to find likeminded people online, let alone putting up barriers to stop people interacting? I just don't get it.
Read what I wrote above.

You just got here and you are having a whinge because you can’t make a thread right away? Really? Did you not see the link for that very issue where other members will post the thread for you?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

This rule exists because of bots and spam accounts so where’s the problem exactly? Stick around and everything will be fine

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Alright.

akuyou

Neo Member
Greetings all! I've been lurking around here for a while, but I thought I'd finally get round to creating an account.

My main interest these days is in retrogaming, so I'm always interested in info on the current wave of 'mini' consoles, or remakes of classic games... the most recent console I own is a Nintendo Switch.

I'm an English speaker living in Japan, though I can read Japanese, so I don't have to rely on the translated international versions of games.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Greetings all! I've been lurking around here for a while, but I thought I'd finally get round to creating an account.

My main interest these days is in retrogaming, so I'm always interested in info on the current wave of 'mini' consoles, or remakes of classic games... the most recent console I own is a Nintendo Switch.

I'm an English speaker living in Japan, though I can read Japanese, so I don't have to rely on the translated international versions of games.

Welcome to NeoGAF. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

It depends. You have to meet a time and/or a post quota and then you can become a full member with thread posting privileges.

It’s like a probationary period. It serves the purpose of making sure people are here for the right reasons and not spammers/bots/trolls instead.

Welcome, btw.

EDIT:

Read what I wrote above.

You just got here and you are having a whinge because you can’t make a thread right away? Really? Did you not see the link for that very issue where other members will post the thread for you?
Thanks for the information how do I become a full time member so I can post my threads?

Top Bottom