• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

lem0n

Hey. 90s kid here. Been playing videogames for about 25 years. I focus on driving and story games. I pride myself on my racing game collection. I'm not in the industry or anything impressive like that, I'm just a working stiff. I just like this forum because it's active and all of the fragile idiots moved to Reset. Been a member for years now and I was definitely more active before but I still read and keep up with news and events best I can.

Vaztu

Hey guys. Mostly a lurker but decided to create an account and lurk!

First came in to read about the console leaks, then decided to stay for the 'war'. I used to game at least 5 hours a day, but recently due to work I was struggling to find time. Now, due to the lock-down, I've been playing more Indie games in PC. Looking forward to being more active in this community.

ScrewAttack

Neo Member
Hi guys! You can call me Screw. Big Metroid fan, as well as scifi and space stuff in general. Been playing Nintendo with my bro and sis since I was little, mostly PS4 these days but using this lockdown period to build a gaming pc. Just waiting for the CPU to show up now, am pretty excited to get started on it.

I've been identified as at-risk so am stuck at home for 12 weeks. Have been a long time lurker, but want to join a community again as a lot of you guys seem pretty cool.

fybyfyby

Hi, Im new here. I remember 8bit era (got Atari 800 XE when I was 11), then I was mainly PC player. I hopped into console world with Nintendo Wii (I loved Mario karts and all Zeldas). Then I had GB Advance, DS, 3DS. From Sony world I had PS3 and now I have PS4. From MS world I own XOX. My most favourite titles on PS are: Uncharted, GoW, HZD, Days Gone, Gran Turismo. On XOX I have no favorite game (sadly).

Im also big hardware fan. I have self made gaming PC, which I usually use for work and playing RTS and FPS games (Last played games on PC are DOOM (2016) and Subnautica - really great game. I also had super fun with Factorio and Mindustry in last few months).

I came here mainly to be part of XSX and PS5 discussions - hardware related....and maybe more.

Afro Messiah

Neo Member
Hello everyone! I am an old school gamer in his mid 30's. My top 3 fav. genres. are in no order: platformer (run n gun is my fav. type), fighting & puzzle games. Beside the obvious of good gameplay, good music is a must for me. My top 3 Systems are: #1 Dreamcast #2 SNES #3 PSX. Now to my 3rd final Top 3 underrated series are in no order again: Midway's The Suffering, Way Of The Samurai & Tecmo's Deception.

I join this site to get more info. about the software & hardware sales worldwide. I read a couple threads as a guest on this site and wanted to know more about it. Thanks for having me.

waterclaws6kun

Neo Member
Hi, waterclaws has arrive and I bringing the force of view and hopefully some knowledge and fun.

I take no bs, prisoners, mess (drama), and takes honesty, merit, evidence, logic, and integrity over emotions. I attempt to follow the teachings of Bill & Ted, freedom, fanservice, USA Bill of Rights (heck yeah x4), and the radical Scatman John. I always want full artist freedom either if I disagree or don't like the art or artist views.

I usually just like to talk shop, watch WWE (soap opera for sports), play games, likes a bit of good alcohol, and likes a bit of life in hometown.

ymo1965

Neo Member
Hi Folks,
ymo1965 (55) here.... Hope your all keeping safe and busy playing some neat games to stop yourself going stir-crazy. Big fan of J-Pop, Electronica, Ambient chill, Emulation (Console, C=64, Amiga etc). Love gaming on Steam, but when I'm not having fun ... I'm rage quitting and going into a sulk ;)

Last edited:

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
Hello, all. Longtime lurker here and I'm thrilled to be a member of this forum. I've unfortunately ran into ban issues over at the horrible ResetEra site, unjustified I might add and I'm looking for a new home here. What I'm looking to gain out of being a member here is to have healthy discussions over games and life as well.

I reside in the Pacific Northwest and outside of gaming I enjoy music production, hiking, sports and collecting vinyl records and steel books. Thanks again for having me here and I look forward to the discussions on this wonderful board.

One last thing, a special shout out to the mods that keep this place exceptional. I've been a mod on a now defunct website and by no means is it an easy job and it can be thankless at times, but know that I appreciate all you do here.

-Larry

Last edited:

Andahe

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

My name’s Andrés and I’m studying to become a teacher in English and religion. I’m 27 and hate talking about myself which is why this text feels so fucking awkward.

During my spare time I play video games, watch movies, read, listen to music and hang out with my girlfriend and dog.

That’s basically it I guess.

Tesseract

Banned
Hi, I am PotatoNade. I throw nades like potatoes. 🥔
legend

source.gif

JackFrost

Neo Member
I'm not technically a new member, I created this account on July 24, 2017. But as this is my first post here I suppose introductions are in order.

I've always been more of a "read only" member. But most of 2018 onward I spent in ResetEra. Reading. Sporadically posting.

Fast-forward to the moment I was banned. I know everyone feels that their banning wasn't deserved, so I will spare the details on that. I realized maybe it was good riddance for the both of us, I had to be on the outside looking in to realize that.

So here's to a new start in NeoGAF. Don't expect any fireworks. I'll be here. Reading.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'm not technically a new member, I created this account on July 24, 2017. But as this is my first post here I suppose introductions are in order.

I've always been more of a "read only" member. But most of 2018 onward I spent in ResetEra. Reading. Sporadically posting.

Fast-forward to the moment I was banned. I know everyone feels that their banning wasn't deserved, so I will spare the details on that. I realized maybe it was good riddance for the both of us, I had to be on the outside looking in to realize that.

So here's to a new start in NeoGAF. Don't expect any fireworks. I'll be here. Reading.

Lol i just saw your ban how dare you. Welcome dude, you will do well here make sure you post a little.

Last edited:

ymo1965

Neo Member
Um, been here for quite a few years now and like every other person on here, I do accept that the best game ever is Chuckie Egg on the Acorn Electron.

I'm very much a console gamer these days when it comes to games and I'm embarrassingly excited at the moment because I have an Analogue Super Nt on order and it'll be the first time that I've ever actually owned a proper cartridge playing SNES. I do have a Nintendo SNES Mini Classic in the house, which is exactly what started me off thinking about the Analogue Super Nt.

Despite that I'm actually a pretty simple person with simple needs and I don't really need much more in my life other than my hiking boots, a chessboard, my kindle and something to listen to music on.

I can also tell people's fortunes using only their credit card numbers and the CSC on the back of the card if they send them to me in a private mes....please don't do this, I am joking. It's really not a good thing to do.

My avatar is Jean Luc Godard because I can't think of a single reason for anybody's avatar not to be Jean Luc Godard.

Yeah, me.

This made me smile. I loved the ZX Spectrum version :)

Appleprosy

Greetings,

I'm going to refrain from using my real name, but you can call me Apple or by my username, Appleprosy... or Leprosy, I guess? It was random, and it shows I have a thing for portmanteau.

Anyway, I'm 36. Wife. Daughter. We're a family of educators. Texas. I like typical nerd shit. I'm getting back into video games again, though I never really left. I was a collector once, but that didn't turn out well. Debt. Yeah, most of my hobbies got away from me.

I'm trying to keep a small backlog... or none at all. That's my goal. Beat the game I buy before I buy another. Hopefully, I don't go down dumbass lane again with limited boutique releases and 'miibo and shit to put on my shelves. I doubt I dabble in retro again... unless prices go down and I prove I can stick to the above practice.

Lastly, this place goes way back for me. Though I was never a member, I always wanted to be one. However, pre-Era, I found this place to be a place where I wouldn't be welcomed. I joined Era in '17 and tried to fit in. I've been banned a few times for simply giving my opinion. This place seems to be welcoming to all people now, so I'm here.

Basically, I love my country and president. That's cool if you don't. I'm not a Nazi. I'm not a _______. You're not a _______. We're all different humans. Politics and Religion should not be a weapon in a hobby community to push others out... or to come across as the Ultimate Warrior of "Righteousness." I'm just a regular dude that wants to talk video games.

Thanks,
Apple

Top Bottom