• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
Hello all,

I was under FortunateSon here a while back before the change/exodus. So some of you lurkers might know me. Also, I have been a longtime lurker. I love gaming, can't wait for the Ps5 and talk about games and I lean right politically.

Can't wait to get posting.

:)

Killer8

Hi, I used to post on GAF about 10 years ago but gradually stopped as the forum went to shit. After all the drama years ago, a lot the idiocy of the site has thankfully been purged. Now this actually seems like one of the more sane gaming forums that welcomes dissenting opinions.

Last edited:

Greenolor

Neo Member
Hi! My name is Sergey Pomorin, I’m also known as Greenolor. I’ve been involved in gamedev for 15 years already, and since 2013 I work on my own hexagonal turn-based game series.
● Beasts Battle
● Necromancer Returns
● Magicians Legacy
I’d like to share my experience with fellow indies so I wrote a story and parted it into 3 articles (it turned out to be quite long)

I’ve posted elsewhere in the Gaming section, but it’s time for a proper intro here I think.

I’ve been reading this forum for a long time...maybe not from it’s inception, but close. The coming of the XSX/PS5 generation, for whatever reason, finally compelled me to join up as an active member here. It’s probably safe to say that I skew towards the older age bracket of forum members. My life long passion for video games was forged with the home Pong console in 1978 or 1979. That’ll give ya a good indicator of my vintage. 😀

From there....a close cousin had an Atari 2600 and we played the heck out of that. It also provided my first experience with video game related disillusionment with E.T. The Extra Terrestrial. Oh god. My very first traditional console was Mattel‘s IntellIvision. Tremendous memories playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. First time I had heard attempts at “speech” in a game...anyone remember Major League Baseball’s “yer out!”? Awful now, but mindblowing back then. I felt pretty good about myself with my Intellivision and my good stack of games until a neighbour kid got a Colecovision...which quite easily kicked the crap out of my box. I was over there playing Zaxxon and Cosmic Avenger a ton.

This could get dreadfully long if I continued in this way...so...a quick history of my video game life....

Primarily a console gamer but I always did have PC’s. The original King’s Quest and it‘s various sequels were highlights.

NES (sue me, but I loved Link 2)
Sega Master System (beating Kenseiden was a big deal).
Sega Genesis (Sonic hype got me).
SNES - will never forget hearing the orchestral score in Actraiser...in particular the ”Fillmore” level.
Sega CD add-on. Looked so badass stacked atop the Genesis. But the actual gaming experience was ultimately underwhelming. This is probably why I didn‘t end up getting a 32X.

Bit of a lull here...and I don’t remember why I didn’t get a PlayStation when it appeared. I just didn’t.

Nintendo 64 was my next console and it felt good to be back in the Nintendo fold. Mario 64. Nuff’ said.
Sega Dreamcast. After skipping the Saturn, it felt similarly good to have a modern Sega console again. Crazy Taxi, so fun.
Nintendo GameCube...I loved it. But it would prove to be the last Nintendo console I would own. I looked at getting a PlayStation 2 but again...just didn’t. Same with the OG Xbox.

At this point my work career was starting to really make huge demands of my time and energy. I knew my days of buying every console were over. I simply no longer had the time to play as much as I once did. I made a mental note to make my next console, and it’s ecosystem the one I’d likely stick with for a while.

Xbox 360. What can I say? I think the only reason I bought it over a PS3 was that it came out first. And I didn’t have ANY history with Playstation up until that point....Xbox either though. But again, 360 appeared first when I was ready to buy a new console. I grew to really love the Xbox ecosystem....and with the release of ES: Oblivion I was well and truly hooked. Given the demands of my career I played as much as I could....and despite a RROD thrown into the mix I loved the 360 experience.

Xbox One. Given the rather extensive nature of my games library and my familiarity with Xbox and it’s workings it really was a no brainer decision. My career was going nuts at this point and I was only vaguely aware of the myriad of issues with the launch of the One.

Fast forward to 2014. I retired from my career. Very, very fortunate to be able to do this younger than most can. Hard work and a good amount of luck. Obviously, without a job I was able to game much more. And it was here that I became more aware of the problems with the Xbox One. I wasn’t terribly pleased to see it run games worse than it’s PlayStation counterpart. More than a few times I was tempted to enter the PlayStation world for the first time. But, being retired in my 40’s, I was also doing a ton of other fun stuff and wasn’t convinced I NEEDED two consoles.

Xbox One X. When this appeared I grabbed it up quickly. It is my current console and it is everything I wish the XB1 could have been.

Xbox Series X. I didn’t freak out much when I didn’t snag a pre-order. But, over the past few weeks seeing how MS has been absolutely KILLING IT with their transparency and messaging - and freakin’ BETHESDA - I am now increasingly dismayed that I might have trouble getting my hands on one.

Here is my current gaming setup. The TV is a very recent purchase - a 65” LG CX Oled - I think everyone of my Gaf posts has been related to this amazing thing. My One X is in the lower left cabinet. My 4K PVR box in the center. So, a spare space there on the lower right. What’s a guy to do?

(Ori and the Will of the Wisps (so great) was the first game I played on it)
50494884803_98d9c12be0_z.jpg

I’m getting PS5 and will put it down there on the right (if it fits). Now as a guy who has NEVER owned a PlayStation, and very much aware of the completely UNDISCOVERED (to me) library of classic games that await me....it is quite an amazing feeling. But I will likely wait until the PS5 is released with an all-black colour scheme as the current white will clash awfully with my current design sensibility. 😄

See y’all around the forums.

Last edited:

Skadi

Neophyte
Hello everyone you might not know me but I just joined 30 minutes ago. My name is Skadi I am 19 years old I lived in Paris U.K I am half French Half Englishman my hobbies is I like to play games that are usually Action and Adventure like RPG's and Terraria. My dream is to be an excellent Gamer I am a Gamer I taken a tournament 4 years ago and Lost so I want to keep training so that I can win for the first time. That is all!

XpertBandit

Neo Member
Bandit here. I'm a gamer and a streamer. Just looking for new people to chat with and group up with in this thing we call gaming. You see what you get with me. o30c.... if you know what that means we can probably get along just fine. I'm not always on because of work but I'll be sure to contribute to the forums!!

apowhungo

i just got back on the gaf after abandoning resetera because of the over-sensitivity, wish i remembered my old password on here :(

anyway, perfect timing for next gen.

i grabbed a ps4 the day of the last xbox series x conference i was so peeved with their lack of exclusives announcements (have a one x). catching up on uncharted, GoW, fall guys, SPIDERMAN! and currently playing through ghost of tsushima has been a blast, very stoked for cyberpunk.

cya round the forums!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jooxed

Gold Member
i just got back on the gaf after abandoning resetera because of the over-sensitivity, wish i remembered my old password on here :(

i grabbed a ps4 the day of the last xbox series x conference i was so peeved with their lack of exclusives announcements (have a one x). catching up on uncharted, GoW, fall guys, SPIDERMAN! and currently playing through ghost of tsushima has been a blast, very stoked for cyberpunk.

cya round the forums!

EviLore EviLore can probably help you with the account stuff.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

cya round the forums!

What was your account name?

Rougan

Neo Member
Hello there. I play mostly on PC, but I also have a PS4 for tasty exclusives. Turn-based RPGs and action RPGs are my favorite genres.

I've been a lurker for a long time and decided to create an account recently.

ikbalCO

Hey Everyone,

I used to read GAF a lot when the current gen was relasing seven years ago. and after that -thing- happened i guess i move to the other site with the herd but that site turn into an orwellian nightmare over the years.

i really couldnt take the bullying and the oppression and found out gaf was still going on and getting stronger.

i just wanna enjoy gaming and really happy that this website allow this to an extend.

giving you all my best wishes.

stay safe. stay healthy.

Julio HU

Neo Member
Hey, this is Liao, I'm Chinese. I went to college at the university of Iowa, and I'm currently a MBA student at Peking university. I'm more into mobile games such as CODM and PUBGM. I love games and I'm even working on a research progam about mobile games at PKU. Hope I can meet people and learn stuff in the forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom