• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Just re-introducing myself. German PC gamer, mostly. Not yet too old for this shit, I guess.

Had an account here for 12 years, but was really inactive about 4 of them now. Real-life rollercoaster and all that. Got like 35 achievements at once upon logging in again today, fun!

Anyway, nice to be here again. :messenger_smiling:

Chieftain

Neo Member
Middle age gamer. Lurker. Left this place years ago when it became toxic. Glad to see the changes that have been made. I currently have a PS4 Pro, Switch, Macbook Pro, and an original Commodore 64. I game on all of them. Although not as often as I like. I'm also into motorcycles, travel, and large machines.

PDaddyX360

Neo Member
Hi Everyone,

I am a long time lurker on these forums, but with the dawn of yet another new generation, I thought now would be a good time to Wade into the discussions actively.

A bit about myself:
I am British, of African descent, and 53 years old - yep I am an old-Skool gamer! I have two young sons who are under 10 who are now getting into games as well, so much of my thoughts on things have them in mind.

I first got into gaming at the age of 16, with a ZX Spectrum home computer, and then moved on to the Commodore Amiga, Sega Megadrive (which I imported ahead of UK release in 1990), and SNES.
I have generally been an early adopter, being mostly a day 1 purchaser in the UK for the following:

- 3DO
- Sega Saturn
- PlayStation (original)
- Nintendo 64
- 3DFX Voodoo 1
- 3DFX Voodoo 2 (in SLI!)
- Nvidia Riva
- Nvidia GeForce 3
- Dreamcast
- PlayStation 2
- Xbox (original)
- Nintendo GameCube
- PSP
- XBox 360 - my most played console
- PlayStation 3
- Nintendo Wii
- Amd HD7870
- Amd R9 290
- PS Vita
- PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 4 Pro
- Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- Nintendo Switch
- Nvidia GTX1060 (in my current laptop)
- Nvidia RTX2060

That was exhausting typing that out - I had forgotten just how much stuff I had in the past - most were sold as new generation stuff arrived. My sons were both born in the last decade and I stopped gaming, and so sold everything except my switch and the GtX1060 laptop and the RTX2060 PC built for my sons during lockdown this year.

I am looking forward though to starting gaming again in the next couple of weeks as XSX, PS5 regular, and XSS (for my sons for Xmas) will all be arriving at our house on launch days in the next fortnight.
I more or less missed the whole of the last generation as I had no time to play and my consoles gathered dust before I sold them all last year.

Anyway -Hello

Shkyboy924

Neo Member
What's happening Neogaf. :messenger_waving:

UK based solid Playstation and Part-time PC gamer here.

Been scrolling through Neogaf for a few years now but I thought with all this free time in lockdown/Covid-19 landscape, I'd grow a pair and finally register.
Huge fan of my 90's/00's classics like my Metal Gear Solid's and Final Fantasy's.

I may only be 27 but be assured I shall try to contribute my utmost best where necessary.

Stay safe fellas. :messenger_fistbump:

as1m

Banned
Hi all.

Been here longer then most i'd imagine. Was part of the earlier gaming-age forums from 1998. Since then I've changed a few id's etc. I've allways wanted to know why gaming-age changed to neogaf and is something I will research, (along with the resetera rebellian) but I'm a lazy bastard so.....

Mostly a lurker lol, but i'l drop an odd comment here or there.

Anyway love to all and back to my THC.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Not necessarily new to the site. Became a member back in 2011 and then sorta left after the whole site v site thing. The toxicity was wayy too much. Glad to see GAF back to its reasonable pre-2013/14 levels. Really hope it continues.

As for me, I Peter Panned my life. Never grew up.

Fragnar

Neo Member
Hello Neogaf 👋,

Long time UK based lurker (over 8 years), so on the eve of this new generation I've decided to take the plunge and register.

I've been a computer/gaming enthusiast most of my life, starting from the ZX81, Commodore 64 (programming games on SEUCK - Shoot Em Up Construction Kit), Atari XL, Atari ST, Amiga, Sega Master System, NES SNES, Megadrive, then skipped a few years when I lived overseas but moved back to the UK in the PS3, 360 era.

Gamer on PC and ALL consoles and like everyone these days, jumping in to streaming with a few friends.

I currently game daily on my Xbox Series X, Series S, AMD Ryzen 3800XT RTX 3080 based PC, Switch Lite and am awaiting my PS5 - looks like it might be next year 😄

I look forward to having some sound conversation on these forums 👍

Keep safe and socially distanced.

guuub

Neo Member
Sup folks

Have visited the site periodically over the years. Wanted to join to engage more on the new console releases.

Semi-controversial gaming opinion: games should be more respectful of our time, and do not need to be longer than 10 hours.

Psos

Neo Member
Hello, my name is Piotr. I'm from Poland. Personally, I’ve always been a video games fan. If you have Nintendo Switch, you may have heard of games like Castle of Heart or Jet Kave Adventure that I had designed. Now I’m creating something of my own. Fishkeeper is a game where you can safely create your own aquarium.

k1m1d4n

Hello everybody.
My name is Daniel and i'm from Portugal.
I am very pleased to finally be a part of this wonderful community. I've been a lurker for many years and it's always been a part of my daily routine to always check neogaf for the latest news.
I've been gaming for more than 30 years now and it all started with my father as he owned arcade machines.
My first console was a Sega Genesis and as soon as it was available in Portugal I got a playstation 1 and I've been a loyal Sony costumer until today.
As we are now entering a new console generation I'm truly excited for the days ahead and all the commotion it's gonna bring.
I'm very happy to be here and I'll do my best to earn my stay.

SkankHunt420

Neo Member
Hello there Neogaffers!, here a fellow gamer. As i said in another post, i´ve been here for around a month, and i`ve been dying to enter the discussion with you guys. Im mostly a PC gamer, but i gotta say sony consoles and games are close to my chest, since its what me and my old man would play back in the day, but, i dare to say im not pony lol, i love my forza, gears and halo (back in the day anyways) and im a huge enthusiast of flight simulator, so yeah, i consider myself a gamer before anything. A little background about me is: im 25, young blood i know, im from Peru, yeah you read that right, peruvian friend right here, im an administrator by degree, but right now im stuying gastronomy, live by my own in an apartment, right now i own a ps4 and a pc planning to upgrade both to the new gen somewhere next year, im a male if there is any need to clear that out, and im hoping to have some fun with you boiz, cheers!

Outlier

Hello and thank you, for allowing me to join.

I'm Outlier and I've been a very long time watcher (over 5 years) and have decided to try my hand at forums discussions, here.

You will most likely see posting the Gaming, Off-Topic, and Politics (when I'm able) sections.

I am a philosophical minded person, so you'll most likely see me make skeptical, theoretical, and thoughtful posts.

I hope to share some positive contributions, to Neogaf.

:messenger_waving:

cormack12

Gold Member
Damn been busy working on the OTs - looks like we got a huge number of new people here! All good, start by checking out this thread here cos you're all joining at the height of the redux man

Nows the time to jump in, new consoles, the game drop season, the game of the year votes coming up soon. So settle in, get to know the weird regulars from console warrers to shitposters and don't take anything too seriously or to heart and you'll have a blast :) Just sart dropping some posts in the juicy threads

S Specz3+
@0v0
E EKD
David B David B
S SirVoltus
Amiga Amiga
K kevinthebest168
Ev1L AuRoN Ev1L AuRoN
HoofHearted HoofHearted
NomadicAsiatic NomadicAsiatic
GoodShark GoodShark
wolfmat wolfmat
Gaijin Cat Gaijin Cat
demonofdeathvalley demonofdeathvalley
ideology1 ideology1
Chieftain Chieftain
Resinote Resinote
T therockhead
D Death6six6
P PDaddyX360
bighugeguns bighugeguns
Roger Rabbit Roger Rabbit
G GrintaGames
Shkyboy924 Shkyboy924
A as1m
W Werewolfgrandma
ManofOne ManofOne
F Fragnar
K kapesmcnapes
G guuub
Psos Psos
Freelance Yakuza Freelance Yakuza
D darkon
k1m1d4n k1m1d4n
SkankHunt420 SkankHunt420
O Outlier

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hello and thank you, for allowing me to join.

I'm Outlier and I've been a very long time watcher (over 5 years) and have decided to try my hand at forums discussions, here.

You will most likely see posting the Gaming, Off-Topic, and Politics (when I'm able) sections.

I am a philosophical minded person, so you'll most likely see me make skeptical, theoretical, and thoughtful posts.

I hope to share some positive contributions, to Neogaf.

:messenger_waving:

Welcome!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hello there Neogaffers!, here a fellow gamer. As i said in another post, i´ve been here for around a month, and i`ve been dying to enter the discussion with you guys. Im mostly a PC gamer, but i gotta say sony consoles and games are close to my chest, since its what me and my old man would play back in the day, but, i dare to say im not pony lol, i love my forza, gears and halo (back in the day anyways) and im a huge enthusiast of flight simulator, so yeah, i consider myself a gamer before anything. A little background about me is: im 25, young blood i know, im from Peru, yeah you read that right, peruvian friend right here, im an administrator by degree, but right now im stuying gastronomy, live by my own in an apartment, right now i own a ps4 and a pc planning to upgrade both to the new gen somewhere next year, im a male if there is any need to clear that out, and im hoping to have some fun with you boiz, cheers!

Thanks for joining!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hello everybody.
My name is Daniel and i'm from Portugal.
I am very pleased to finally be a part of this wonderful community. I've been a lurker for many years and it's always been a part of my daily routine to always check neogaf for the latest news.
I've been gaming for more than 30 years now and it all started with my father as he owned arcade machines.
My first console was a Sega Genesis and as soon as it was available in Portugal I got a playstation 1 and I've been a loyal Sony costumer until today.
As we are now entering a new console generation I'm truly excited for the days ahead and all the commotion it's gonna bring.
I'm very happy to be here and I'll do my best to earn my stay.

Looking forward to yoru contribution. Obrigado!

Top Bottom