• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams thread

gwiz210

Maybe Journey of Dreams will have a Christmas NiGHTS thing sense the Wii has an internal clock.
Defend your balls SEGA, Christmas NiGHTS! Not Holidays NiGHTS!

D-X

gwiz210 said:
Maybe Journey of Dreams will have a Christmas NiGHTS thing sense the Wii has an internal clock.
Defend your balls SEGA, Christmas NiGHTS! Not Holidays NiGHTS!

Here's a couple of impressions, they mention that the internal clock feature isn't included, rather weather systems this time.

Sega Nerds preview:
http://www.seganerds.com/2007/12/04/nights-journey-of-dreams-preview/

More impressions
http://www.seganerds.com/2007/12/03/iizuka-presents-nights-journey-of-dreams/#more-3215

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I AM JOHN! said:
Segata, we need you to use your almighty power to destroy Sega unless they agree to bring NiGHTS for PS2 to the states. :(
Yeah, and while you're at it, grab Toshihiro Nagoshi by the balls and don't let go until he agrees to make Daytona USA 3. :D

temjin

Banned
GOTMFY!!!!

Has there been anymore info regarding laps, time attack and that bird/key thing that us old school NiGHTS fans are worried about?

ant1532

Banned
Can't wait. My parents asked me what games I'm interested in this year for Christmas since people are asking what I want and I gave em a list but put the 3 main games I want the most, and this was included.(Top 3 were Mass Effect, NiGHTS, ZX Advent fyi )

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Innotech said:
sure. Its a quite huge margin, but a margin nonetheless.
72tpmgy.png

71otgd1.png

6z5zonc.png

God, Saturn games were just so ugly.

I found this site devoted to Saturn emulation, filled with hundreds of pixel-perfect screenshots. Lord, it makes DS 3D look attractive.

Crushed said:
hundreds of pixel-perfect screenshots
Is this a joke? Saturn doesn't output 704 x 448px video.

I took some shots of my Radiant Silvergun a couple of years ago, and it was 352 x 224px

RSG8copy.png

RSG2copy.png

I won't argue pure 3D games look horrible though.

_dementia said:
Is this a joke? Saturn doesn't output 704 x 448px video.
Actually, it can (Virtua Fighter 2 did), but NiGHTS didn't. I don't exactly know why Crushed is in a NiGHTS thread shitting on the original NiGHTS' graphics or if he realizes most fans of the original NiGHTS would look at those screenshots and sigh happily, but there he is.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Segata Sanshiro said:
Actually, it can (Virtua Fighter 2 did), but NiGHTS didn't. I don't exactly know why Crushed is in a NiGHTS thread shitting on the original NiGHTS' graphics or if he realizes most fans of the original NiGHTS would look at those screenshots and sigh happily, but there he is.
Hey, I'm just calling it like it is.

Besides, I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Innotech

Banned
the original game had a similar look to Need For Speed 2. Of course, that rudimentary pixellated look did not prevent both of these games from being the best ever.

Teddman

D-X said:
Here's a couple of impressions, they mention that the internal clock feature isn't included, rather weather systems this time.
So no Xmas NiGHTS mode? That will actually make a difference of whether I buy this immediately upon release or not, since it'd be right in time for the holiday theme.

Bildi

ivysaur12 said:
This game better be good.

Please be good.

I'm scared :(
:lol Kinda what I was thinking.

C'mon Sega, now would be a good time to pull your name out of the muck.

Dragona has banished another one. Valkyries are scary.
Well just her :p *runs*

I might rent this and see what it's like, never played the original so we'll see what the hype is all about!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
This game is at the very top of my Christmas wishlist! Care to deliver it personally Segata Santa-shiro? :p

RurouniZel said:
This game is at the very top of my Christmas wishlist! Care to deliver it personally Segata Santa-shiro? :p
I regret I will be too busy playing it to deliver it!

And thank you sir Innotech, I shall attempt to sniff out the merchant in question.

Innotech

Banned
temjin said:
preordergift.jpg

thats the plushie in question.

it's adorable, and me wants!
yeah thats it. I want one too.
I still have the Dewey plushie I got with Deweys Adventure and the elebit I got with Elebits.
I wish more companies did this.

GhaleonEB

I love the original NiGHTS so goddamn much. For some reason I can't find the power cable for the Saturn (it was in the box a few months ago!) or I'd have it up and running in celebration. Still have Christmas NiGHTS as well.

I don't have a Wii and probably won't for the foreseeable future, but I really want this game to be a success. (Should we end up with one, this baby is coming with it, as long as it holds up.) I've wanted a sequel to the original for years.

GhaleonEB said:
I love the original NiGHTS so goddamn much. For some reason I can't find the power cable for the Saturn (it was in the box a few months ago!) or I'd have it up and running in celebration. Still have Christmas NiGHTS as well.

I don't have a Wii and probably won't for the foreseeable future, but I really want this game to be a success. I've wanted a sequel to the original for years.
You can buy the appropriate power cable for about six bucks at your local Radioshack. Or use the one from your PlayStation. YOU CAN PROBABLY STILL FIND ONE THIS LATE. GO GO GO.

Vinnk

Segata, great OP. Makes me want to get the game.

Oh, and I still have that NiGHTS poster for you, sorry I havn't sent it out yet.

Vinnk said:
Segata, great OP. Makes me want to get the game.

Oh, and I still have that NiGHTS poster for you, sorry I havn't sent it out yet.
It's okay Vinnk, you can probably hang onto it until I'm in Japan. Won't be very long now.

bigswords

I only worry about the framerate though, in the 1up video when nights was flying close to the water it lagged pretty badly. Fucking hell Sega don't fuck this up.

Apologies for the swearing Segata I love this game ever since I saw my friend playing Christmas Nights on the Saturn.

GhaleonEB

Segata Sanshiro said:
You can buy the appropriate power cable for about six bucks at your local Radioshack. Or use the one from your PlayStation. YOU CAN PROBABLY STILL FIND ONE THIS LATE. GO GO GO.
Oh, I'll find it. I must find it. All this nostalgia is going to kill me if I don't get some relief.

I want this game to do well because it's Sega doing what I've wanted Sega to do for years: start making proper sequels to their best games. If this bombs, that faint, tiny glimmer of hope I have in seeing the sequel to Saga will go out. And....I don't know how I can go on that way.

Lobster

Banned
Borys said:
Pouring one out for Crushed :(

NiGHTS>Crushed.

Can't believe its going to be such a long wait for my two most anticipated Wii games down under..atleast I have a heap load of other Wii games to keep me running.

I reckon western reviews will like this game..8+

Garcian

What a fabulous opening post - this has now become my favourite official thread of all time, including the time before time.

I love Nights & can't wait to play the Wii game - fingers crossed that the sublime nature of the Saturn game is intact :)

ant1532 said:
Can't wait. My parents asked me what games I'm interested in this year for Christmas since people are asking what I want and I gave em a list but put the 3 main games I want the most, and this was included.(Top 3 were Mass Effect, NiGHTS, ZX Advent fyi )
Every year when my parents asked me what I want, I always said that there was nothing I wanted. So then they wouldn't know what to buy and they'd end up giving me cash. I did this because i'm incredibly impatient and i'd just buy the games I wanted when they came out, and Christmas was like getting my money refunded, lol.
Kind of made Christmas less special though.

temjin

Banned
DIrtyWeasel said:
Every year when my parents asked me what I want, I always said that there was nothing I wanted. So then they wouldn't know what to buy and they'd end up giving me cash. I did this because i'm incredibly impatient and i'd just buy the games I wanted when they came out, and Christmas was like getting my money refunded, lol.
:lol You really are a dirty weasel

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I always liked Nights, but I never played it much when I was younger for some reason I can't really remember. My brother on the other hand played it to the end many times. And then we sold our Saturn :)-( ) and I regretted it to this very day.

And now, after years, I'm having the opportunity to actually play the original NiGHTS into Dream this week and well, I didn't think I would fall in love so fast with it. It's just so fun to fly around and it does put up a very satisfying challenge. The music, the concepts, the presentation and graphics... It's a very beautiful game, in many aspects.

I'm appreciating it so much for so many reasons. Nights JoD, be good, please.

temjin said:
Do want!

Borys said:
Pouring one out for Crushed :(
System Warriors aren't going to be tolerated in this thread, from either "side". All the other NiGHTS threads were shitted up so badly that the mods are keeping a close eye on this one.

So don't cry for someone who popped into the Official NiGHTS thread just to say how much the original NiGHTS looked like shit, Borys. He did it to himself.

Now I feel sorry for Crushed's dog.

Anyway, excellent OP Segata, and I'll probably pick this one up next year. I want a similar pre-order bonus. :(

EDIT: Even though I said - in the same post that I am not pre-ordering. Do do dee.

doogles said:
Now I feel sorry for Crushed's dog.

Anyway, excellent OP Segata, and I'll probably pick this one up next year. I want a similar pre-order bonus. :(

EDIT: Even though I said - in the same post that I am not pre-ordering. Do do dee.
Ha ha!

You know what I would love as a pre-order bonus? A nice big glossy poster of that last image in the OP. Well, the image before my edit. Of NiGHTS in front of the moon. That was my desktop background for like six years.

DIrtyWeasel said:

If I'd pulled that trick with my folks, they'd have shrugged, said 'Suit yourself', and I'd awaken to an empty tree.

And that only counts for the first 7-8 years of my life when they bothered with a tree at all.

Reading the post... I wonder how did I play such an ugly game and enjoy it like there was no tomorrow...

I'm hoping to get the same sensation... Well, not quite the same, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom