• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Okay, I've always liked this show, including seasons 2 and 3. But even I think this has gotten really bad.

I hope this is the last season.

Bringing Sarah back was an awful, awful, idea. She has absolutely no chemistry with Michael, and her overwrought guilt trips and other bullshit are ridicuously over the top (even for this show) and are bringing the whole show down.

I decided to try and take a photo my my TV, and she was in the way.... sorry!!!!!

vgri1x.jpg

^
Only good thing for me the entire season thus far.

GitarooMan said:
Bringing Sarah back was an awful, awful, idea. She has absolutely no chemistry with Michael, and her overwrought guilt trips and other bullshit are ridicuously over the top (even for this show) and are bringing the whole show down.

Couldn't agree more.

PS: I think the actor who plays Michael is gay. Would explain the lack of chemistry.

Troidal

GitarooMan said:

Yep, nice going Sarah...you just pretty much fucked up the entire operation! She's starting to be like Kim in 24... :lol

Anyone notice the drunk guy who stole Sarah's credit card at the bar was in 24 season 1 as the undercover cop? (He busted those stupid druggie kids and later helped Kim get out of jail but gets killed.)

This season is quite possibly the worst one yet.

Totz

The recepcionist makes the rest of the episode completely irrelevant. Holy shit. Can a mod edit the thread title to "The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Hot Secretaries?"

Keyser Soze said:
I decided to try and take a photo my my TV, and she was in the way.... sorry!!!!!

vgri1x.jpg

LOL, tinypic deleted the pic of the secretary with the low cut-top :(

Now we know it truly was a cut too far!!!

MrHicks said:
is it just me or does anyone also think that "mahone" is very well acted
the best performance on the show by far
I think T-bag is well performed also. Would say it's a toss up between those 2, but that's not saying much.

Sucre is certainly the biggest improvement tho. He was a god awful actor in season 1. Now he is mediocre

Costanza

Banned
MrHicks said:
William Fichtner has been great in everything I've seen him in. He's one of my favorite underrated actors.

Anyway, I liked this episode. Between the 2 hot redheads and the fact that Rapaport toned down his acting, it was pretty enjoyable.

MrHicks said:

William Fichtner is awesome. Sometimes I think that's he's too good for this show.

Keyser Soze, rehost that pic! :D

Blader

MrHicks said:

Mahone is a badass. I can't wait to see what terrible shit he is going to unleash on the hitman. :lol

Jack Scofield said:
I liked this episode more than last week's, so I guess the season is 2 for 4.

And holy shit at that secretary. It was hard to pay attention to anything except her chest.

There was an episode? All I saw were breasts.

MrHicks said:
He's done an extremely great job on the show. I wasn't the biggest fan around the beginning of Season 2 but he's really done extremely well since then. I'm a huge fan of T-Bag (Robert Knepper) as well. His Season 1 performance was amazing and Emmy worthy.

Good episode. Nice to see Mahone back in action, and the return of that secretary was a plus.

That horrible, completely out of place generic scream they used near the end of the episode was ridiculous, though. :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
Cardon said:
Did I miss anything good last night? I was busy watching the tour de force that is Heroes Season 3.

It was a good episode actually.
- They get a third card copies from a heavily-secured government building with the help of the Rapaport character.
- The company has found out that the Rapaport character is onto them.
- Mahone finds out who killed his son, and now he's after him.
- T-Bag makes a deal with the hot secretary, and now he's under an ultimatum from a mysterious guy named Xing to get Scylla.

Cardon

womfalcs3 said:
It was a good episode actually.
- They get a third card copies from a heavily-secured government building with the help of the Rapaport character.
- The company has found out that the Rapaport character is onto them.
- Mahone finds out who killed his son, and now he's after him.
- T-Bag makes a deal with the hot secretary, and now he's under an ultimatum from a mysterious guy named Xing to get Scylla.

Actually sounds like it was a good episode. Thanks for the summary.

Xrenity

DMczaf said:
Did they turn Prison Break into The A-Team?
I've been comparing the two all the time :lol

It used to be awesome, now it's just fun to watch.
alr1ghtstart said:
lol @ that scream that guy makes when his neck gets broken by Gretchen
Yeah I think that was some standard scream sound? I think I recognised it... Maybe Half-Life or HL2?

Oh btw, the black guy is awesomely bad ass.

Good ep.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I just wanted to pop in here to say this season of Prison break is fucking awesome. I wasn't planning on following this season at all, as I thought last season was just frustrating to watch, as well as the season before. You'd have episode after episode of preparations for a plan, always to get fucked up in the end with no payoff. I just watched all 5 eps in the past few days, and Im loving it so far. I love that the cast is all working together now, the scylla dynamic, the constant progress through each episode, and the fact that they're starting to put pressure on the company. Its just been very solid and enjoyable.

harSon

Banned
This season's alright but the only thing keeping me from tuning out completely is the badass Black assassin. He's the smoothest hitman I've ever witnessed, he looks like Gerald LeVert :lol

Totz

I think at this point the writers are just challenging one another.

Writer 1: "Guys, the next card is, like, INSIDE A FUCKING SAFE, which detects movement, heat, whatever. To open it, you need a 12 digit password and a fingerprint ID match..."

Writer 2: "Cool, we'll have Michael fake it or something."

Writer 1: "Yeah, but you can't fake it, 'cause the safe will know."

Writer 3: "How will the safe know?"

Writer 1: "It's a special government issued safe or something. It doesn't matter."

Writer 2: "I got it! Agent Self will invite the guy whose office is right behind the safe, 'cause you can't have the safe in the window, so there's gotta be something back there. OK, so Self goes out to lunch with the guy."

Writer 4: "How will Michael get in the building?"

Writer 2: "Self will smuggle the gang inside. It's brilliant because no one will suspect that fucking Rappaport is a snitch for the good ex-cons. So he gets them in there, and they go via the ventilation shaft."

Writer 3: "To break into the safe, they'll need some sort of power tool..."

Writer 4: "Ok, so Sucre and Bellick will disguise themselves as cleaning people and clean a stain or whatever with very loud and unnecessary machinery. Then Michael and Lincoln will use a drill to open the safe from behind. Once inside, they'll get the card and copy it."

Writer 2: "Maybe Rappaport leaves a very discreet black stain on the floor when inviting the guy out."

Writer 1: "Are you people insane? What about the cameras?"

Writer 2: "We don't have to mention that. Alright, let's get cracking!"

The 5th episode was great. God, Trishelle is stunning.

Troidal

That's one secure safe....:lol

And the secretary when she leaned forward on T-bags desk....boing!

It's so cheesy but can't stop watching
the secretary

Weenerz

Banned
I'm guessing the Prison Break part of this season
will be getting Mahone out of prison

Also, this season is so bad, I can't stop watching it just to rip it apart.

Blader

Totz said:
Did the recepcionist appear?

Yeah.

And maybe this is a stretch, or maybe I'm just being dense, but did tonight's episode imply that the receptionist is Self's wife? Kind of looked like her in the picture.

Totz

Blader5489 said:
Yeah.

And maybe this is a stretch, or maybe I'm just being dense, but did tonight's episode imply that the receptionist is Self's wife? Kind of looked like her in the picture.

WHAT

I can deal with a dude hatching out a escape plan and a contingency plan in case the original plan failed to break out of jail. I can deal with a dude hiding said plans in a tatoo. I can deal with a dude escaping of yet another prison, but in a different country. I can deal with a dude and his team coming up with the wildest plans available to get 6 cards.

I find it impossible to belive that Self would even get near the recepcionist without turning into a drooling mess. Prison Break has just gotten into the realm of absurdity.

Totz said:
WHAT

I can deal with a dude hatching out a escape plan and a contingency plan in case the original plan failed to break out of jail. I can deal with a dude hiding said plans in a tatoo. I can deal with a dude escaping of yet another prison, but in a different country. I can deal with a dude and his team coming up with the wildest plans available to get 6 cards.

I find it impossible to belive that Self would even get near the recepcionist without turning into a drooling mess. Prison Break has just gotten into the realm of absurdity.
It's not his wife.

This season has really picked up. I'm enjoying it.

And it needs to be said again: William Fichtner is such a great actor. Sometimes I feel that his talent is being wasted on this show.

Sean

Banned
'Prison Break' boss prepares for the axe
Wednesday, September 24 2008, 09:22 BST
By Ben Rawson-Jones, Cult Editor

Prison Break's executive producer Matt Olmstead has admitted that the show may be axed in the near future.

In the wake of poor ratings for recent episodes, Olmstead told Entertainment Weekly: "There’s a shelf life to serialized drama. If this is the last season, we’re not mourning that because it’s been a great ride and we have a great season [ahead]."

In the event of the series being cancelled midway through the current run, Olmstead stated that the writers will "definitely have enough time to prepare for an appropriate ending. The season finale we have in mind could play as a season or series finale."

However, he admitted that Prison Break's producers have "absolutely been encouraged by the response" to the fourth season. "It took a while to get the right idea... and to have the audience supporting it is very gratifying."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a130968/prison-break-boss-prepares-for-the-axe.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom