• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want from the end of this show is a satisfying conclusion, this will go down as my favourite series of all-time and I don't want it left on a sour note. The really should consider moving the show to another night as there is so much happening on Monday nights at that time.

Fantastic episode.

th_6su42nt.gif

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I can't watch this shit anymore.

You know next episode? They're going to put a magic data-sucking cell phone in the vicinity of another person, it's going to get to 98% and the person will move, then Sucre will get caught and screw up the plan, then they'll try data transfer again and get to 100%.

womfalcs3 said:
Why? How many viewers are watching, and what is considered good?
The only really important rating is the 18-49 demographic, and PB started out as #1 for the first few weeks but tumbled to #4 last week. I haven't seen yesterday's ratings yet.

agrajag

Banned
McBacon said:
I can't watch this shit anymore.

You know next episode? They're going to put a magic data-sucking cell phone in the vicinity of another person, it's going to get to 98% and the person will move, then Sucre will get caught and screw up the plan, then they'll try data transfer again and get to 100%.

Forget the next episode, you just described the whole season so far.

Ikael

This is season is the most horrible Prision break season ever. Period. Even worse than the third. I used to love this show, seasons 1 and 2 were utterly awesome, season 3, albeit slow and repetitive at times, was a good set up for something bigger. This season is, plain and simply, retarded and lifeless.

No tension or whatsoever, horrible acting, fixated and repetitive formula, descharacterization of all the cast and a plot that looks that has been took out straight from fanfiction.net. Better than season 3 my ass, I can write a better script than that.

Everything that made the show great is gone. The tension between the team members and conflicts between them, the insufferable preassure under every character and then the great relief of seeing them triumph against all the odds (goverment support? wtf?), the distinct personalities and completely divergent interests and objetives... gone. All gone. All that it is left is yet another generic, witty-less, souless action series, even thought it has its entertaining moments like on the last chapter.

This series could, no, should have ended on season 2 and it would have been hailed as a masterpiece on par with the Wire or the Sopranos, but no, Fox had to drag it down to the mud. What a waste, and what a pity.

womfalcs3

Banned
Shalashaska said:
The only really important rating is the 18-49 demographic, and PB started out as #1 for the first few weeks but tumbled to #4 last week. I haven't seen yesterday's ratings yet.

I'm assuming Heroes premiering had something to do with that.

Troidal

Man, it's amazing how they can pull off all these crazy stunts in season 4. A-Team indeed wtf :lol

It is by far the least interesting season. It's like I'm watching it for the sake of seeing the conclusion of this whole story, but it has really gotten off tangent since season 2. It's entertainment but man, it has fallen so hard from the greatness that was season 1.

Basch

Shalashaska said:
All I want from the end of this show is a satisfying conclusion, this will go down as my favourite series of all-time and I don't want it left on a sour note. The really should consider moving the show to another night as there is so much happening on Monday nights at that time.

I'm still watching the first season, but I've always wondered this myself. Seems like PB is the type of series that could gain an even larger following if it were broadcast on Fridays instead. Then again, I'm no marketing expert. :lol

womfalcs3 said:
I'm assuming Heroes premiering had something to do with that.
Heroes actually had a poor premiere. Dancing With the Stars for whatever reason, actually leads the key demographic on Monday nights.

mindblown.gif

Totz

rockman zx said:
Fantastic episode.

th_6su42nt.gif

Damn straight.

People, PB is the time to shut your brain off and get immersed in the awesomeness of the schemes.

Also, Wyatt = awesome.

Good news for us, though not for The Sarah Connor Chronicles
http://spoilertv-prisonbreak.blogspot.com/2008/10/prison-break-to-be-saved-by-terminator.html
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has reportedly been blamed by Fox for adversely affecting Prison Break's dwindling US ratings.

"Audiences just aren't responding to the show," a Fox source told website SyFy Portal about Sarah Connor, which is screened at 8pm on Monday nights as a lead-in to the jailbreak drama. "Our biggest surprise is the 18-to-49s [demographic] - those numbers are in the toilet."

The insider added that Fox is likely to axe the Terminator spinoff during its current second season and attempt to salvage Prison Break in another timeslot.

"All I can say is that production will likely stop, and I would think that Fox might try to air some of the episodes already in the can," the source stated. "But I don't know. They don't want to lose Prison Break, so there could be some schedule shuffling in the future."
From all I've been reading we're probably going to get the full season of Prison Break which will likely be its last, which is fine by me. I know a lot of people are enjoying how Season 4 is going and I'm with them. I'm glad they'll have the full season to do as they please. Although it'll be a bit weird having Prison Break on another night, as it's been my Monday night staple for quite a few years. I imagine they'll keep it on Monday nights until they hit their winter finale and then move it when it returns.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
poor Sucre

EDIT: :lol :lol :lol

Mike Novick FTW :lol

Mike_Novick.jpg

So they now have 5 cards. 6 total. They're going to be done soon. And didn't they say previously that they expect the General to have the last card.

Only 1 more Horcrux and they can go after Voldemort!

Double Edit: GET RID OF T-BAG ALREADY

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I'm 75% of the way through yesterday's episode.. I have to say this season has been fucking awesome. So much brutality and intensity. Cold as fuck characters.

Costanza

Banned
"You want me to bang your wife?" scene was the best Prison Break cut-to-commercial plot twist ever. :lol I love this season.

agrajag

Banned
Costanza said:
"You want me to bang your wife?" scene was the best Prison Break cut-to-commercial plot twist ever. :lol I love this season.

So did he do it? It was kind of ambiguous. I'm guessing from the "What happens in Vegas" comment, he did. I totally would've.

sscrew

agrajag said:
So did he do it? It was kind of ambiguous. I'm guessing from the "What happens in Vegas" comment, he did. I totally would've.
He hasn't gotten any since he broke out of prison has he? If he's lucky, he didn't get any while he was in prison either. :lol

I think he nailed her.

Vlad

sscrew said:
He hasn't gotten any since he broke out of prison has he? If he's lucky, he didn't get any while he was in prison either. :lol

I think he nailed her.

He had conjugal visits while in prison (he lost them due to Michael's "cell test" way back in the beginning), and he did end up reuniting with Maricruz for a little bit (back near the end of S2, before Bellick tracked him down).

Totz

Holy shit, even Self was awesome in this episode.

Roland is still by far the most obnoxious, though.
VEGAS, BITCHES! :lol

Shalashaska said:
Good news for us, though not for The Sarah Connor Chronicles
http://spoilertv-prisonbreak.blogspot.com/2008/10/prison-break-to-be-saved-by-terminator.html

From all I've been reading we're probably going to get the full season of Prison Break which will likely be its last, which is fine by me. I know a lot of people are enjoying how Season 4 is going and I'm with them. I'm glad they'll have the full season to do as they please. Although it'll be a bit weird having Prison Break on another night, as it's been my Monday night staple for quite a few years. I imagine they'll keep it on Monday nights until they hit their winter finale and then move it when it returns.

It's pretty pathetic when a well written show like Sarah Connor is dwindling in ratings while this POS excuse for a joyride is still going strong. And this is coming from a guy who has watched every episode. I want this POS to END!! With Michael dead from his tumor and everyone else can go back to their day jobs or something. It's really becoming tiring. I'm watching just to see how it ends. That's basically it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A few thoughts:

1. This episode was awesome and felt like a classic Season 1 ep. Good twists, T-Bag actually being threatening again and not just comic relief, and plenty of action.

2. Sucre totally nailed that guy's wife! I hope they show him holding the chip in a later episode just to confirm it.

3. Does anyone else think that Roland is double crossing them? The last couple of cards, we've only seen the data capture get to like 95%, but then he claims it got to 100%. Something's definitely up there.

agrajag

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
It's pretty pathetic when a well written show like Sarah Connor is dwindling in ratings while this POS excuse for a joyride is still going strong. And this is coming from a guy who has watched every episode. I want this POS to END!! With Michael dead from his tumor and everyone else can go back to their day jobs or something. It's really becoming tiring. I'm watching just to see how it ends. That's basically it.

Am I a horrible person by being more entertained by Prison Break than by Sarah Connor? Prison Break is my guiltiest pleasure.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
agrajag said:
Am I a horrible person by being more entertained by Prison Break than by Sarah Connor? Prison Break is my guiltiest pleasure.
I must be a horrible person too, then.

M3wThr33

Banned
I wait for Prison Break every week. It's just so awesome. The first season, with the confined setting, allowed us to REALLY bond with the characters, so even when they're out and about, we can still understand them.

fushi

I'm with you guys. There is sooooooooooo much stupid in this series right now, but still, I cannot help but wait for the next episode. The thrill just won't let go of me. Maybe it's because I can't wait to see what ridiculous plot twist they come up with next. I mean, the whole Scylla thing, it's completely bonkers. And season 3 with everyone rotting in a Panamanian prison... yeah.

And this is the total opposite of Heroes, where I can barely arse myself to watch the next episode, and I'm probably not even going to watch the next one after that horrible, horrible fifth episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I had this wonderful expectation of Mahone running over Wyatt and Rolland while Wyatt was holding the gun on him.

As a result the actually events were a bit...disappointing.

VPhys

I think it was extremely risky leaving Wyatt alive. He is too dangerous and too skilled.

We all know what's going to happen next.

Jack Scofield said:
Good episode. Nice to see come actual character development in Roland. By the end of the episode, I was actually sad for him.
Same here. I went from hating him to feeling pity for him. Quite the amount of torture in this episode.

Zeliard

Prison Break is probably the most enjoyable trainwreck of a show in tv history. Everything about the show is a complete mess, first and foremost the ridiculous, convoluted-as-fuck plot, but god damn it's fun to watch.

As each season progresses the show ventures further and further into complete madness. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. Maybe Scylla is the island from Lost.

Zeliard said:
Prison Break is probably the most enjoyable trainwreck of a show in tv history. Everything about the show is a complete mess, first and foremost the ridiculous, convoluted-as-fuck plot, but god damn it's fun to watch.

As each season progresses the show ventures further and further into complete madness. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. Maybe Scylla is the island from Lost.
The plot is convoluted? It's pretty simple to me, especially compared to the mess known as Heroes.

Zeliard

Shalashaska said:
The plot is convoluted? It's pretty simple to me, especially compared to the mess known as Heroes.

Prison Break's plot is one giant non-sequitur. There's no logical consistency in the show to speak of. This was evident from the very first season, but it's gotten more egregious as the show goes on. They basically just throw whatever they can in there and have the escapees running all over the place doing the most random tasks. How they ended up escaping from the prison in Season 1 to now being in league with the government, while also against some shadow group in the same gov't who's trying to track and kill them, is patently absurd. This doesn't even get into the silly bird book a guy hiding behind a brick wall in the depths of a Panama prison was holding with the secret clues to the... whatever the fuck "Scylla" is.

But it is entertaining.

Heroes is just a complete mess, and unlike Prison Break, it's the kind of mess that isn't fun to watch. Shame, because that show had promise at some point.

Kletian

Weenerz said:
I hate how every episode is focused on one of Sarahs problems. Boo

They should have left her dead IMHO. The only thing she brings to the table is the fact that no one on the outside world recognizes her like they do with Michael/Linc/Sucre, so she can bring anonimity and the boobs to their wacky hijinks.

but now secretary can bring the better boobs...

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jack Scofield said:
Good episode. Nice to see come actual character development in Roland. By the end of the episode, I was actually sad for him.
Shalashaska said:
Same here. I went from hating him to feeling pity for him. Quite the amount of torture in this episode.
Really? I didn't feel pity for him at all. He deserved what he got and at least Michael was smart enough to see it coming.

Link said:
Really? I didn't feel pity for him at all. He deserved what he got and at least Michael was smart enough to see it coming.

Exactly. I was hoping Michael was going back to put a bullet in his head.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed to see that
Company contract killer
facet of the plot end.

Even though I hated that
prison guard
in the beginning of the series, I really felt badly for him tonight. I think Gretchen is up to something mischievous against the Company.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Surprising episode.

I was expecting Wyatt to escape and kill Mahone the entire episode. Nice end out that arc. Look on Wyatt's face when Mahone kicked him while he was trying to monologue was great.

Would have preferred the killed T-Bag, but I can live with Belleck being gone. Nothing about his character ever made much sense after season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom