• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Regular Show Thread of "It's Anything But"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
nVuuj.jpg

Welcome to the thread dedicated about discussing this wonderful underrated show!

What's up with this show?

- It's a show that follows the adventures of Mordecai (the blue jay bird) and Rigby (the raccoon) as they try to do anything in their power to slack off from work. In doing so, they put themselves in weird situations where their procrastination leads to chaos and hilarious events.

Why should I watch this show?

- Because it has beautiful animation, awesome 80's music, it's funny, and it'll probably be a show unlike anything you've ever seen. Give it a shot and you'll be pleasantly surprised on how good it is.

Where can I watch it?

It airs on Cartoon Network, with new episodes airing Mondays at 8:30 PM. You can catch two reruns of past episodes for the time being every day at 5:30 PM and 6:00 PM.

Characters

Qh1DO.png
lQgsD.png
vOUAJ.png
fahi0.png

roYdD.png
WlbSF.png
kQT6E.png
jRcIi.png

From Top Left to Right: Mordecai, Rigby, Pops, Benson
Lower Left to Right: Muscle Man & High Five Ghost, Skips, Margaret, Mr. Maellard

Episode Guide

*Wallpaper source for poster

"Now give me some sugar!"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
but i have a receipt is my personal favorite. but really, they are all awesome

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'll make sure to make gifs. I didn't have the time to do them, but rest assured they WILL be coming. ;)

And yeah, I don't think this thread will grow to be huge, but I really hope people give it a shot to give it more needed exposure because it's so awesome.

Strike

This and Adventure Time are the only reasons I ever tune in to CN before 9PM (8PM CST). Love this show.

Strike said:
This and Adventure Time are the only reasons I ever tune in to CN before 9PM (8PM CST). Love this show.

It's the only reason I tune into CN period.
Well, than and KND reruns.
I love that show...

Cday

Banned
You know who else needs to lean in? But seriously I think the ending to the My Mom episode was the best part of all the episodes.

Silh

Rewrite said:
awesome 80's music
Ultimately I think this is what turned me on to the show. I didn't grow up in the 80's, but the track selections go pretty hand-in-hand with what goes on in the episodes. Initially I was very dismissive of the previews, but I recently caught a rerun of Grilled Cheese Deluxe and it was then I had a change of heart.

I can help with GIFs too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Cday said:
But seriously I think the ending to the My Mom episode was the best part of all the episodes.
If you would have asked me if I was going to expect an ending like that, I would have told you no. :lol It was so awesome.

Silh said:
Ultimately I think this is what turned me on to the show. I didn't grow up in the 80's, but the track selections go pretty hand-in-hand with what goes on in the episodes. Initially I was very dismissive of the previews, but I recently caught a rerun of Grilled Cheese Deluxe and it was then I had a change of heart.
The previews themselves is what also kept me from watching the show because they were beyond fucking horrible. They made no sense nor where they funny. I wouldn't be surprised if the early previews is one of the reasons why people don't give it a shot. I have to say, the previews are getting better with the Temporary Agency and the Jinx one. And yep, the music fits in perfectly with whatever is going on. I love it.

The Grilled Cheese Deluxe episode was also ace. I don't think I've been disappointed with an episode yet. Hahaha.

Mr. Sam

The way Skips walks (well, skips) just gets me every time. Every. Freaking. Time.

This, Adventure Time and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack combine to form a holy trinity of awesome cartoons.

^^Really? o_O lol awesome

I love this show, when I saw the commercials I thought it would be terrible but it has won me over.

Muscle Man B^) "my mom!"

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Haha

just saw Jinxed. good stuff.

but my favorite so far has to be Muscle Woman. so many hilarious moments. but seeing Starla's and Mitch's tits flop around then start french kissing was disturbing

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
New episode was great.

I don't even know how the creators come up with some of these ideas. Lmfao.

Low Five Ghost hahahaha.

out0v0rder said:
i saw some sort of teaser/trailer/ringtone clip when i went to see Rio last weekend. i was feelin it.
Watch a few episodes. You'll be surprised!

bon

I just saw the episode where they're trying to beat the Hammer today. The console they were playing on looked like a Sega Master System. Mad respek.

Beezy

bon said:
I just saw the episode where they're trying to beat the Hammer today. The console they were playing on looked like a Sega Master System. Mad respek.
my most watched episode

Pein

Banned
Beezy said:
my most watched episode
mine too, rage against the tv is probably my favorite episode. The hammer fight is one of the funniest moments in any cartoon. Also muscle man is the boss, that my mom episode was gold.

Parallax

bon said:

thats one of the confusing things about that world. they live in the modern era(cell phones, hdtvs) but they treat the master system like its hot news. i wonder why?

Pein

Banned
Parallax said:
thats one of the confusing things about that world. they live in the modern era(cell phones, hdtvs) but they treat the master system like its hot news. i wonder why?
the dude who makes it is 28, those games are probably the kind of he played. Beat em ups that were dumb hard.

Parallax said:
Haven't you seen Dig Champs, man? Shit is so fire it's molten!

Qwvp4.jpg

Dude, it looks just like the cover!

Well, the simple answer is that 8-Bit gaming is much easier to convey in animation than modern gaming. It's also more universal.

However, I like to think they just live in a perfect world where we can all still enjoy the wonders of 8-Bit awesome.

Either way, whatever world they live in that's stuck in 1990, I want to be there.

SERIOUS, INTELLECTUAL DEEP THOUGHT EDIT: and I think that's basically it, really. For a good deal of the audience and probably for J.G. Quintell and the other writers, the show's aesthetic is basically what they and the audience would be like if the stuff we grew up with and think of as outdated but still charming, even beloved technology (VHS tapes, Master System, cassette tapes) was the hottest stuff on the market. It's kind of like how they had the Simpsons have a Betamax player throughout basically the first half of the show, except instead of being a metajoke, it's meant to make us nostalgic for that stuff from our childhood and try to appeal to us on that base childlike level.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I AM JOHN! said:
Either way, whatever world they live in that's stuck in 1990, I want to be there.

SERIOUS, INTELLECTUAL DEEP THOUGHT EDIT: and I think that's basically it, really. For a good deal of the audience and probably for J.G. Quintell and the other writers, the show's aesthetic is basically what they and the audience would be like if the stuff we grew up with and think of as outdated but still charming, even beloved technology (VHS tapes, Master System, cassette tapes) was the hottest stuff on the market. It's kind of like how they had the Simpsons have a Betamax player throughout basically the first half of the show, except instead of being a metajoke, it's meant to make us nostalgic for that stuff from our childhood and try to appeal to us on that base childlike level.
You're pretty much spot on.

I saw the episode called Prank Callers or something like that, and it was such a fucking trip! going back in time to the 80's baby! Hahaha! I'll work on some gifs later today when I have the time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Head's up!

New episode is about to start in a few minutes called "Do Me A Solid"

!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omfg, that was such a great episode. :lol

Mordecai got fucking trashed by Rigby. Hahahaaha.

And they even showed the shake weight for men in the commercial at the beginning of the episode. :lol :lol

JCX

All of these cartoon network cartoons (adventure time, regular show, problem solvers) seem very influenced by hipster drug culture.

Parallax

I AM JOHN! said:
Haven't you seen Dig Champs, man? Shit is so fire it's molten!

Qwvp4.jpg

Dude, it looks just like the cover!

those two laughing like beavis and butthead doing the comparisons was hilarious. as was the d-d-d-d-d-d dig champs! title sequence.

I AM JOHN! said:

i can accept that. living in your past and reminiscing about the simpler times. i just find it a little funny that the only thing that hasnt techologically advanced in their time is video gaming. i mean, they mock how ridiculously cheap wholesalers try to make hdtvs and laugh at cell phones from the 80s.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just saw the episode called, "Muscle Woman" and holy fucking shit. :lol :lol :lol

So much GIF material!

i didnt even know we had an ot for this. This show is great, my friend put me on it. Kept nodding off on the episode on monday:(

This is Cartoon Networks best show right now imo

Pein

Banned
NightHawk17 said:
i didnt even know we had an ot for this. This show is great, my friend put me on it. Kept nodding off on the episode on monday:(

This is Cartoon Networks best show right now imo
Its easily my favorite cartoon out now only the venture bros surpasses it. Adventure time can't even touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom