• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
So out of the actual GAF'ers who have played it, we have 10 hours completion time and also 12.5 hours and counting. Seems pretty solid. Guessing it could be anywhere from 8 to 13+ hours or so based on the information we have, and the segments we've seen. The GAF average however is so far quite high, at a minimum of 11 hours and 15 minutes.

MMaRsu

Banned
Just saw a bit in a twitch stream
Looks pretty great, might pick this up after all and sell it towards Bloodborne when im done with the story.

So out of the actual GAF'ers who have played it, we have 10 hours completion time and also 12.5 hours and counting. Seems pretty solid. Guessing it could be anywhere from 8 to 13+ hours or so based on the information we have, and the segments we've seen. The GAF average however is so far quite high, at a minimum of 11 hours and 15 minutes.

So what your saying is people should listen to shinobi, who said it was close to UC1 length.

How are people actually quantifying how long the game took them to complete though? If there's an in-game timer at the end that tells you then fair enough, but otherwise it's just guesswork.

thuway

The issue with GAF and some folks is- some people I know, and you know these people too, will skip cutscenes and run to the next objective point because they just want to trophy hunt and don't care for the game, narrative, or any aspect of the game except to finish it.

The issue with GAF and some folks is- some people I know, and you know these people too, will skip cutscenes and run to the next objective point because they just want to trophy hunt and don't care for the game, narrative, or any aspect of the game except to finish it.

worst way to play a game.

Alienous

I'd appreciate that PM too.

First it's too short and now it's too long? Someone get the chalkboard!

Lol. Perhaps I am being unfair. The Last of Us was a 12-or-so hour game, so it's certainly possible for something linear. I just didn't get the impression that The Order would be so long.

Loudninja

You shouldn't rely for any impressions over any stream, really.

Streams can't show the IQ details by no mean.

They can't showcase the subtlety of the amazing HDR by no mean.

No way they can prove decent audio and score experience.

Despite way anyone on streams play, you will not be playing the game on the same way. Trust me on that one especially.

Also, streams will make one great sin - they will kill the initial feel of entering new areas, new arenas and new parts of the game. Once you spoil yourself initial dialogues, first encounters and so on, it will not feel good as going in the game blind.

It is not worth it, really. Not for this game. Same as TLOU basically.
Take his advice guys.

If its 10 hours, thats more than I expected. 8+ and I'm smitten. Its going to be a long week waiting for my Amazon preorder.

This hype....it's becoming unbearable. It's reaching insane levels now. HNNNNNG!

I've lost count the amount of times I've refreshed this thread over the last few days.

Azdoune

maybe they have a clock?

$_35.JPG

amar212

You guys with the game, can you check if theres an option to change the opacity of the hud? My plasma tv hates those really white huds :(

No, but HUD is non existing when not needed. They simply dissapear during the non-action parts.

Also plasma here, Destiny literally slaughtered my Panny, but Order gives it no pain.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hmmm, wonder if they went for real life scale when it came to interiors, I can't tell.

Marvel

could never
Just saw a bit in a twitch stream
Looks pretty great, might pick this up after all and sell it towards Bloodborne when im done with the story.

This what I am doing too!

But I'll make some nifty videos from it before I sell mine on for BB :D

Theman2k

Hey there,
Just wanted to update my impressions, the game really stepped up a notch.
The story is really making major strides, it's really good.
It just became so good and really emotional that you are so invested you want to keep playing.

I mean what i saw now is really top notch stuff, AAA material.
Gets you hooked real hard!
To bad the start wasn't as good, with bad pacing. The game really shines from the middle on. But gameplay still suffers, QTE prove themselves flawed time and time again.
Too bad the high production values suffer from few and short gameplay sequences that are basic and solid.

But the journey overall and the story make a huge big impact to make this game count big time, unlike the dead resistance franchise.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's weird to see a game already doing better hair rendering than what's in AC:Unity. ._. Ofc all the hair styles are short but it's most definitely the best realtime hair rendering yet.

Here is me sitting at work and refreshing this page for the past few days

424.gif

Feb 20th is still 6 daaaaaaays away. Have to wrap up Evil Within before The Order 1886! Eagerly waiting to see my face melt when I fire up the Order on 100". No amount of blackbars is going to take away the cinematic experience from me this time around!

Hey there,
It just became so good and really emotional that you are so invested you want to keep playing.

To bad the start wasn't as good, with bad pacing. The game really shines from the middle on. But gameplay still suffers, QTE prove themselves flawed time and time again.
Too bad the high production values suffer from few and short gameplay sequences that are basic and solid.

But the journey overall and the story make a huge big impact to make this game count big time, unlike the dead resistance franchise.

Okay thanx. I guess they'll cut down on the cutscenes in part 2.

Hey there,

Finished, or near the end-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom