• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Perp Games' 2023 PlayStation VR2 showcase livestream thread

Stream is live, Perp Games says there will be some new announcements and surprises.

Announcements made
  • Madison VR
  • Desperate Visostock
  • Afterlife VR
  • Ghosts of Tabor (End of Q3 for PSVR2)
  • Dyschronia (5000 fish on screen at once, PSVR2 launch)
  • Synth Riders (Digital launch, Physical March 10th, DLC pack free)
  • Song in the Smoke Rekindled (remastered) (Launch title Digital, Physical march 17th)
  • Cave Digger 2- Dig harder (Launch)(FREE UPGRADE to PSVR2)
  • Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxys Edge Enhanced Edition (Launch, Exclusive digital, Physical April)
  • VR Skater (PSVR2/PCVR in summer)(Can rage quit throw skateboard)
  • Follow Perp Games on twitter for a chance to win every single game shown for PSVR2.

Last edited:
Some decent announcements this stream. Seems Neogaf wasn't as hyped for the PSVR2 announcements as implied from other threads though.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Some decent announcements this stream. Seems Neogaf wasn't as hyped for the PSVR2 announcements as implied from other threads though.
I don't think its that as much as no-one really cares too much for Perp games, they are hardly heavy hitters really, fun as the games usually are.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's all ports again so obviously no hype there, if they were hyped they'd have a Quest/PC for these. Most of it already known from the previous PSVR2 launch window announcements also. Skate VR is probably the most well developed game shown and that means it doesn't even look much improved cos it already looked as fine as any non AAA game of the sort, nothing really screamed oh no, Quest doesn't have enough power to pull it off as well as I'd like or anything. Visually the best thing shown is the Star Wars thing's remaster but that's been shown before. Also, it's Vladivostok.

Edit: oh yeah Ghosts of Tabor is promising too but again not really exclusive and already announced/shown for like every VR platform. I have some hope for it, a more accessible VR Tarkov seems like it can be good, at first I thought it's just battle royale but maybe it's different enough after all.

Last edited:

Crayon

I find myself wondering if there is roomm for all these military shooters. But they are mimlitary shooters. Of course there is lol. Seems like Pavlov will be the one to beat, though. At least in terms of popularity and player base.

I'm very interested in Song in the Smoke. I don't think I gave that a close enough look on vr1.

As for the skateboarding... not sure how that is going to work. But apparently someone thought it worked well enough to finish a game. Almomst surely not going to buy that but I'm curious about how it controls since when I think skateboarding I think of.... feet.

I find myself wondering if there is roomm for all these military shooters. But they are mimlitary shooters. Of course there is lol. Seems like Pavlov will be the one to beat, though. At least in terms of popularity and player base.

I'm very interested in Song in the Smoke. I don't think I gave that a close enough look on vr1.

As for the skateboarding... not sure how that is going to work. But apparently someone thought it worked well enough to finish a game. Almomst surely not going to buy that but I'm curious about how it controls since when I think skateboarding I think of.... feet.

The skateboarding thing was weird because they want you to imitate leg movements with your arms while looking down.

I think when VR adds motion straps you can put around your legs or knees, something like this would end up working better. I'm sure the game is playble as is, but it's very strange in how the mechanics are implemented.

Crayon

The skateboarding thing was weird because they want you to imitate leg movements with your arms while looking down.

I think when VR adds motion straps you can put around your legs or knees, something like this would end up working better. I'm sure the game is playble as is, but it's very strange in how the mechanics are implemented.

Yeah sounds too weird to judge. Seems like an obvious genre to avoid but sommeone apparently thinks they figured it out. Wouldn't be the first time a vr game turned out surprisingly fun.

When I picture skateboarding I do think of body postures looking down tho. Lemme see google google google....

Hardest_Skateboard_Trick_1.jpg

man-on-skateboard-in-mid-air-114997351-5a29a61822fa3a0037fac8a4.jpg

^^^ yeah like that. So maybe that has something to do with why the gamem works. Idk if these guys are looking at the board or the ground, though. But looking down, at least.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah sounds too weird to judge. Seems like an obvious genre to avoid but sommeone apparently thinks they figured it out. Wouldn't be the first time a vr game turned out surprisingly fun.

When I picture skateboarding I do think of body postures looking down tho. Lemme see google google google....

Hardest_Skateboard_Trick_1.jpg

man-on-skateboard-in-mid-air-114997351-5a29a61822fa3a0037fac8a4.jpg

^^^ yeah like that. So maybe that has something to do with why the gamem works. Idk if these guys are looking at the board or the ground, though. But looking down, at least.
It's a good, fun game. If you want it more real buy a skateboard, lol. It beats flat gamepad games on that front though. Why's it ok to have mirrors edgey action parkour games like Stride (or any game with body moving activities irl) but skating is where you think the line may be drawn? Body/limb trackers are already a thing but obviously expensive and niche within an expensive niche, hence few games really do much with them and it's mostly about social platforms like VRChat and NeosVR for now. He'd have to make the game twice with separate systems to support that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom