• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pets And Animals Thread

Liljagare

hq

hq

Love my two poofs. Rescue kittens, they black one was only 4 weeks when we got them, had to bottle feed her, 24/7 care for a month, but she has turned into the most loving cat I've ever had. Follows me like a tail and has learned tons of tricks, like to be the center of attention at parties and turns off the bedroom lights when she wants to sleep.. Came from a mother who was brought in to a vet, the mother had been abused and lost all her litter but this one survived.

The other one is a cool male, was found in the middle of a winter in a box with his mom and four other kittens, only he survived, the others succumbed to frostbite, it had been - 20 during the night. We had wanted one large cat, but decided on theese two, well, turns out we gor a big kittie, he weighs almost 30 pounds now, calm as heck and bosses the neighbours dogs around if he gets out. Has also learnt alot of tricks, walks on a leash perfecty and unfortunately figured out how doors work, atleast he also closes the frontdoor if he escapes when we forget the lock. Likes to raid the fridges and likes to sleep on my wife at night, she has to push him off though at times because hes too heavy and it gets toasty warm with in the bed. Very sweet and attentive towards people, has headbutted so hard he caused nosebleeds.. :p

Will get rescues next time too, its horrible how many mistreated ones there are.. :/

Werent going to get anymore after our old ones passed, it wrecked me, both of those we had for 21 and 23 years resp, but, after a while something was just missing in the house, was too quiet and calm when you got home from work. So we decided to go to a shelter, turns out it was a very good thing to do. :)

hq

hq

Love my two poofs. Rescue kittens, they black one was only 4 weeks when we got them, had to bottle feed her, 24/7 care for a month, but she has turned into the most loving cat I've ever had. Follows me like a tail and has learned tons of tricks, like to be the center of attention at parties and turns off the bedroom lights when she wants to sleep.. Came from a mother who was brought in to a vet, the mother had been abused and lost all her litter but this one survived.

The other one is a cool male, was found in the middle of a winter in a box with his mom and four other kittens, only he survived, the others succumbed to frostbite, it had been - 20 during the night. We had wanted one large cat, but decided on theese two, well, turns out we gor a big kittie, he weighs almost 30 pounds now, calm as heck and bosses the neighbours dogs around if he gets out. Has also learnt alot of tricks, walks on a leash perfecty and unfortunately figured out how doors work, atleast he also closes the frontdoor if he escapes when we forget the lock. Likes to raid the fridges and likes to sleep on my wife at night, she has to push him off though at times because hes too heavy and it gets toasty warm with in the bed. Very sweet and attentive towards people, has headbutted so hard he caused nosebleeds.. :p

Will get rescues next time too, its horrible how many mistreated ones there are.. :/

Werent going to get anymore after our old ones passed, it wrecked me, both of those we had for 21 and 23 years resp, but, after a while something was just missing in the house, was too quiet and calm when you got home from work. So we decided to go to a shelter, turns out it was a very good thing to do. :)

Your cats sound talented, loving and fun. One of mine eats peas and the other one has cost me £30 from constantly chewing my charging cables 😂

_William

Neo Member
I have a Black Pug named Diesel (9 Years) and a German Shepherd named Reese (2 Years). I don't have any photos (of Reese right now) but he just recently came out of surgery, poor guy. It's super cute seeing a Pug and a German Shepherd cuddle each other, they're practically best friends!:messenger_halo:

Bullet Club

My dog Grendel (as seen in the OP) has torn the cruciate ligament in his knee. Normally he doesn't feel pain but he felt this when he tore it. He pretty much screamed and then I had to comfort him for a while to calm him down. He's been on painkillers the past few days so he's alright now.

His operation is tomorrow. All up with the extra stuff needed to be bought it's going to cost about $4k. Because he's 5, it means his other knee will probably go eventually as well.

After the op he won't be able to walk or move much for 8 weeks, which is going to piss him off because he is a very active dog. We bought an enclosure which he will be staying in.

OBNNxJa.jpg

KNSOjQm.jpg

8dNZ5QA.jpg

vNM2MKB.jpg

l0F6rZw.jpg

Ku9dY0x.jpg

bbnIRjz.jpg

_William

Neo Member
My dog Grendel (as seen in the OP) has torn the cruciate ligament in his knee. Normally he doesn't feel pain but he felt this when he tore it. He pretty much screamed and then I had to comfort him for a while to calm him down. He's been on painkillers the past few days so he's alright now.

His operation is tomorrow. All up with the extra stuff needed to be bought it's going to cost about $4k. Because he's 5, it means his other knee will probably go eventually as well.

After the op he won't be able to walk or move much for 8 weeks, which is going to piss him off because he is a very active dog. We bought an enclosure which he will be staying in.

OBNNxJa.jpg

l0F6rZw.jpg

Ku9dY0x.jpg

bbnIRjz.jpg
I've had a recent same experience with my German Shepherd, (most of it I think has been said previously), thankfully it cost $1.4k, but $4k is a lot of money and I am really sorry you had to experience that. My dog has to be on Xanax for the rest of his life due to an Anixety disorder, so we also often hear him barking and screaming :(

Bullet Club

I've had a recent same experience with my German Shepherd, (most of it I think has been said previously), thankfully it cost $1.4k, but $4k is a lot of money and I am really sorry you had to experience that. My dog has to be on Xanax for the rest of his life due to an Anixety disorder, so we also often hear him barking and screaming :(
Yeah it's a lot of money, but it has to be done. The ligament can heal itself although not as well as surgery and it means he would end up with arthritis in that knee.

Sorry to hear about your dog's injury and issues, _William.

_William

Neo Member
Yeah it's a lot of money, but it has to be done. The ligament can heal itself although not as well as surgery and it means he would end up with arthritis in that knee.

Sorry to hear about your dog's injury and issues, _William.
It's okay, but I really hope for the best of your dog. If anything helps with the little experience of a dog going nuts over stupid stuff (Anxiety), try playing calming music or in general nice music at a low level. It has always worked for our dogs :)

Hope for the best for your dogs Bullet Club

Bullet Club

Cheetos-loving squirrel hangs out at Seattle playground, waits for cheesy snacks

A squirrel at a playground in Washington state has reportedly become addicted to Goldfish crackers and Cheetos — and she gets downright cheesed off when she doesn’t get any.

Kevin, who is actually a female squirrel, has been frequenting Discovery Park in Seattle, and even cozying up to any parkgoers in the hopes of obtaining a cheesy snack.

"She'll go through zippers, tear through backpacks, strollers, climb into the stroller... very dexterous," one witness claimed to Q13 Fox.

GD7YAKW.jpg

Many residents consider Kevin a nuisance, but one grandmother who frequents the park with her grandkids said Kevin is “not aggressive.”

“I battle with it; You know, I don’t think it’s a good idea to feed wildlife. But it’s fun to have the opportunity to teach my grandchildren about animals and how to respect them,” the woman added, as Kevin climbed her leg and took a cheese puff directly from a bag she was holding.

Other parents and guardians, meanwhile, have voiced their disagreement.

“It’s a little annoying for parents,” said one mom who spoke to KUOW, adding that the squirrel gave her 4-year-old son nightmares. “My son is apprehensive about coming to the park — ‘Mom, I don’t want to see the squirrel. We shouldn’t bring snacks to the park.’”

4iEQblT.jpg

Another woman said she knew she shouldn’t be giving Kevin food, but just couldn’t resist. And in one instance, the woman said Kevin ignored an apple slice, and waited until she threw a Goldfish cracker instead.

Animal control officials had declined to take action at Discovery Park as of mid-May, but a couple of parkgoers who were supervising children at Discovery Park said the community needs to work out a solution regarding Kevin.

“This is Kevin’s home… We need to be smarter about it than [just] shoo Kevin away.”

Source: Fox News

Winter John

Is it a wolf? Beautiful!

Here is my cat "Pirate" - I have him 4 days now. I took him from homeless animals shelter.

Zw9BWWW.jpg

Naw. He's a malamute. He'll howl like one when he doesn't get his way though. I bet Pirate there's gonna be your buddy for life after getting him out that shelter

keraj37

Naw. He's a malamute. He'll howl like one when he doesn't get his way though. I bet Pirate there's gonna be your buddy for life after getting him out that shelter

Ah I see, 'malamute' is abbreviation of 'mauls multiple' - Just look at his teeth!
Beautiful creature.
You must feel safe going out with him during night in a shady neighborhood.

And yeah, Pirate likes me and I likes him back ;)

Last edited:

Winter John

Ah I see, 'malamute' is abbreviation of 'mauls multiple' - Just look at his teeth!
Beautiful creature.
You must feel safe going out with him during night in a shady neighborhood.

And yeah, Pirate likes me and I likes him back ;)

He's a big dog but Mals are real people dogs. All they want are hugs. One of the girls at work has one of them rat dogs. He'd be a better guard dog than Murphy. That little fucker is ready to go at all times.

Top Bottom