• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pets And Animals Thread

Bullet Club

8JIOv5X.gif

doroti

Neo Member
I have a dog. It's Alabai. I took her to the shelter this spring. She's not young. She's over 5 years old. The dog was scared and afraid of even the light. In the house, any rustle caused her fear and she tried to hide under the table. Sometimes I felt scared myself and I cried near her. What this dog had to endure only the Almighty knows. And the biggest horror was her leash. My Elba lay down on the floor and covered her head with her paws. I was helped by the advice of a veterinarian, trainers and an article on the website of veterinarians about the training leash . We all started first as teach puppies. A month later, the walk does not cause me shock. But when I look into Elba's eyes there is so much tenderness in them.

Bullet Club

My dog Grendel (as seen in the OP) has torn the cruciate ligament in his knee. Normally he doesn't feel pain but he felt this when he tore it. He pretty much screamed and then I had to comfort him for a while to calm him down. He's been on painkillers the past few days so he's alright now.

His operation is tomorrow. All up with the extra stuff needed to be bought it's going to cost about $4k. Because he's 5, it means his other knee will probably go eventually as well.

After the op he won't be able to walk or move much for 8 weeks, which is going to piss him off because he is a very active dog. We bought an enclosure which he will be staying in.

OBNNxJa.jpg

KNSOjQm.jpg

8dNZ5QA.jpg

vNM2MKB.jpg

l0F6rZw.jpg

Ku9dY0x.jpg

bbnIRjz.jpg
An update on Grendel's leg: After 2 surgeries, a stem cell injection and heaps of medication over the past 7 months, he has ended up losing his leg.

Since the first op he's only been using 3 legs, so he should adapt pretty quickly. He's been in a lot of pain even though he's been on a lot of different painkillers, so in the long run it's for the best.

-Arcadia-

Banned
An update on Grendel's leg: After 2 surgeries, a stem cell injection and heaps of medication over the past 7 months, he has ended up losing his leg.

Since the first op he's only been using 3 legs, so he should adapt pretty quickly. He's been in a lot of pain even though he's been on a lot of different painkillers, so in the long run it's for the best.

Give him lots of love for me. That must have been rough for both of you, so my sympathies to you as well. (Hug)

bronk

Banned

Ive had a three legged cat now for a year. Had to make painful choice to amputate after taking him in from streets after a couple months from a severe infection. Long story short he bounced back pretty quick. It's crazy how fast they adapt. He had random phantom pains for a couple months (poor baby) but he is absolutely like a normal cat again. I have two other cats and he is the alpha, three legs and all. He's the strongest, runs the fastest and jumps the highest. Pretty damn hilarious if you ask me. Best of luck with your pupper. He's now extra unique and much cooler. 😁

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
YLFLGTm.jpg

These two little fellas visit me everyday. They’re usually waiting by the back door for me to come out every morning. So friendly.

When I walk past they always call out to me, too, if they’re up in a tree. My buddies.

Top Bottom