• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pets And Animals Thread

MetalAlien

Banned

I've seen cats like this before...

tenor.gif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Saw this weird bloke when I was on a walk today...

qJPV03A.png

5LtcJ5P.png

The Spider Wasp

Spider wasps are often seen digging in soft sandy soil, dragging huntsman spiders along. Some species are known to bite off the legs of large hairy spiders, trimming them to make them easier to handle. Others have scales that help them walk on spiders' webs, allowing them to sneak up and attack the owner.

The spider wasps you are most likely to see and hear are female wasps preparing nest chambers for their larvae. They dig a burrow using long spines on their front legs, then search rapidly around tree trunks and on the ground for a spider. On finding the spider, which may be as large as a huntsman or funnel-web and twice as heavy as itself, the wasp stings and paralyses it, and then drags or flies it back to the burrow. She then lays an egg on the spider's body, and seals it in a chamber or cell at the end of the burrow. The larva hatches and feeds on the body of the spider before pupating in a thin silky cocoon in the cell.

Some spider wasps sting the spider and lay an egg on it but do not dig a burrow to put it in. The spider is left where it was stung and the larva hatches and eats the spider. A small number of Spider Wasps steal spiders from other Spider Wasps for their own larva. This behaviour is known as klepto-parasitism (klepto: Ancient Greek for 'theft').

The more you know.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
My life will never truly feel complete until the day I have a pet fox.

Domino is the black and white cat. He's about 3 years old. I found out that he was a dumpster kitty after i adopted him. Was even on the news:

The little calico is Honey. A homeless man in my apartment building lobby said something so we took her in. She's about 1 now. Extremely sweet and loving.

KJ0TXFE.jpg

This handsome guy, is Mr Tadakichi. Unfortunately, he's no longer with me as of September 12. I had him from 2006-2020, and he was 19 years old. He was obtained from a Pet Smart. I miss him. I still cry when i think about him, or look at his usual spots and he's no longer there. I'm still deciding what i want to do with his ashes. For now, he rests on my dresser next to the TV

IWs0Sdx.jpg

michaelwilson888

Neo Member
I had 2 Sembernars called Beethoven(As in film :D). Unfortunately, they were poisoned. Now I have a creamy Labrador! His name is Lord and I'm really satisfied and I enjoy spending time with him. I can't stand the time I travel and can't play with him.

xrnzaaas

There are days I love rats and there are days I hate rats. My current rat is ~3-4 weeks old so he's still pretty scared of me. Fucker's smart though. He managed to open the side door of the cage by leaning on it and escaped (the cage was used by my previous rats so it's not very tight anymore). I've spent pretty much the whole day looking for him, leaving treats etc. I even moved a huge wardrobe. Finally after around 7 hours I found him alive and well. :)

Top Bottom