• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floex

He looks nothing like Cliffy B
icon_lol.gif

cginawhsxzo.png

If anything, he actually looks a bit like Daniel Ricciardo. You would believe that could be him if he wasn't in Australia.

(F1 driver for those not in the know)

Gustavovj

Neo Member
I truly believe this is a MGS game however I don't think this and Ground Zeroes are the same game, it just doesn't make sense, any new theories on this?

pwack

so much trolloling. Geoff has to be in on it

Of course he is. Also, all the heads of Spike/the VGAs must know who is behind it. They aren't going to put that much air time, either at the VGAs or now, behind an unknown, unsupported developer with assurances from some well-known publisher.

btkadams

I truly believe this is a MGS game however I don't think this and Ground Zeroes are the same game, it just doesn't make sense, any new theories on this?

i honestly thought they were the same game for a while but it is looking more and more to not be the case. i just don't understand how they could be working on two mgs games at the same time if it took them so long to put out each metal gear game in the past.

cjkeats

It makes about as much sense as Tanker and Big Shell being the same game. We haven't seen anything about how this might play yet, so it's not too late to write it off.

Czigga

I'm so confused as to what's actually happening in this thread. Should my mind be blown? Should I be excited? Confused?

Cartman86

Banned
I'm so confused as to what's actually happening in this thread. Should my mind be blown? Should I be excited? Confused?

Do you like developers revealing a new game under a mysterious title and fake game dev studio and leaving clues in the reveal trailer so we can figure out what it really is? Do you find it amazing that they would go to an interview in costume as a character from the game to continue the ruse? I find it exciting. It can overstay its welcome, but I think almost 4 months is a good amount of time to keep it up. All will be revealed by the end of this month.

Ricky_R

Do you like developers revealing a new game under a mysterious title and fake game dev studio and leaving clues in the reveal trailer so we can figure out what it really is? Do you find it amazing that they would go to an interview in costume as a character from the game to continue the ruse? I find it exciting. It can overstay its welcome, but I think almost 4 months is a good amount of time to keep it up. All will be revealed by the end of this month.

I think it overstayed its welcome already, but if they don't end it at GDC completely, then it will be a complete joke.

Maaseru

Banned
I enjoy it and it can never be really a big joke. So they are trolling us like Kojima always does. If they troll us again at GDC then cool. MGS games always turn out amazing. For me MGS4 was one of the highlights of this gen and surely this game will be too.

The big joke is when a company over hypes a game, realeases a ton of info about features that are never going to really be in the game and in the end it sucks. Kojima has never done wrong in my book so I'll enjoy all of this until I get the game in my hands, make it soon please.

PS4 release window please!!

dukeoflegs

I'm surprised no one is talking about the music during the interview. From my recollection anytime GT.TV interviews someone about a new game or does a segment on a game they play some music from the game.

If you listen right around the point when Geoff asks if it is a PS4 game the music transitions into that traditional MGS music. Personally I think that might be a hint that detectivegaf was right about Joakim being Ludvig Forssell https://www.facebook.com/ludvig.forssell

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised no one is talking about the music during the interview. From my recollection anytime GT.TV interviews someone about a new game or does a segment on a game they play some music from the game.

If you listen right around the point when Geoff asks if it is a PS4 game the music transitions into that traditional MGS music. Personally I think that might be a hint that detectivegaf was right about Joakim being Ludvig Forssell https://www.facebook.com/ludvig.forssell

The plot thickens

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Heres some strange "Project Omega" teaser for The Phantom Pain. Originally uploaded on GameTrailers by user "JoakimMogren". This is being discussed on another thread here but I dont want you to miss this :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlqFSBMEv0

PROJECT OMEGA

AT MATRIX SECTOR -----

VR PROGRAM PHANTOM_PAINMME

CONTRACTOR: MOBY DICK STUDIOS

SUBJECT: REDACTED

PURPOSE:
---------------------------

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

phantompain.jpg

Camp_Omega_sign.jpg

Åesop;50394423 said:
Heres some strange "Project Omega" teaser for The Phantom Pain. Originally uploaded on GameTrailers by user "JoakimMogren". This is being discussed on another thread here but I dont want you to miss this :3

it's fake.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone read (well, hear) morse code?

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

hachiroku

Banned
Åesop;50395809 said:

"Generating image hold scenario loading hold activating phantom pain dot meme hold error error error error"

Nothing clear, but the bold part seems important.

EvaristeG

Banned
Coming from someone who hasn't developped a good game since 2004 I find this viral marketing stuff extremely annoying and ridiculous. Actually I'd find it ridiculous even coming from the most talented game designer in the world. The fact that marketing plans have to be so contrived nowadays, and that people bite on this so hard will always bug me. No offense to anyone.

Alastor3

Coming from someone who hasn't developped a good game since 2004 I find this viral marketing stuff extremely annoying and ridiculous. Actually I'd find it ridiculous even coming from the most talented game designer in the world. The fact that marketing plans have to be so contrived nowadays, and that people bite on this so hard will always bug me. No offense to anyone.

So metal gear solid 3 wasn't good enough ? and im pretty sure it's just for the fun that we speculate about CG or not.

legacyzero

Banned
NoFunAllowed.jpg?

You don't have to care about the game at the end of the tunnel to enjoy the ride.

It sure beats "WE'LL ANNOUNCE AN ANNOUNCEMENT AFTER A GORILLION LIKES ON FACEBOOK" to me.

BibiMaghoo

Dude, you must have never played MGS4. It is glorious.

Verendus

Banned
I consider MGS4 to be a horrible disappointment. However, I can't fault the way Kojima is going about marketing the next MGS. It's different, it's fun for the dedicated fans, and it'll inevitably lead to a great reveal at least.

We can judge the game on its own merits when it releases.

Niwa

I couldn't believe that my hype could yet again reach the level of the legendary Kojima Teaser for Rising and Peace Walker, but this stuff delivers yet again, and it is even more exciting than the grasping for hints in the landscape of that teaser site back then. Lol.

Build ups for Metal Gear games are always memorable. Been playing the HD Collection recently, Peace Walker's Mother Base gameplay has me hyped for being able to actually explore your base properly in Ground Zeroes. Maybe we'll actually get to see our soldiers' faces instead of endless balaclavas too.

Nail on the head. Kojima thinks his shit is hot. Guy is nothing but a tin can king of a hubris empire. e hypes everything like its second coming, even ios games. Lost all faith in his abilities after mgs4. Every game he made after 1 was worse than the previous maybe 3 was ok. Dude is m night shamalama of gaming.

SJRB

Gold Member
Nail on the head. Kojima thinks his shit is hot. Guy is nothing but a tin can king of a hubris empire. e hypes everything like its second coming, even ios games. Lost all faith in his abilities after mgs4. Every game he made after 1 was worse than the previous maybe 3 was ok. Dude is m night shamalama of gaming.

..I can't even tell if this is a joke or a serious post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom