• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The physical Xbox version of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is so misleading.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So, both have the problem. I guess you're not understand how bad this can be for the standart consumer. IMO they should remove this mention, either Xbox or PS.

Oh I understand, I've been saying it for months. I know standard consumers are idiots, but it's on them to not be idiots. Activision should not remove XSX from the cover when it DOES also run on XSX, say "Xbox One" game at the top, and even says "Xbox One Game playable on series X" on the cover.

Nobody comes away from this good. Activision are greedy as usual. MS have awful branding. And people are dumb. The blame lies squarely at no-one's feet.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Because if the game will get a next gen version than sell that as the other product, not like BC.

You're not getting the problem, will be vast numbers of version around the store. Will sucks for a lay people. 'but, but its just look to the box', don't matter, will still be confusing.
I get the point. But with a huge Xbox One banner across the top of the box it seems clear that it's an Xbox One game. And it will play on Xbox Series consoles.

The crap thing is the game not allowing smart delivery. Paid upgrades to next gen versions are the real problem.
so in thinking about it a bit more they shouldn't allow Xbox Series on Xbox One boxes unl the game supports smart delivery or they should have to indicate whether the upgrade is paid.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This shouldn’t have happened. Microsoft should have stepped in. If a last-gen version of a game isn’t upgradable, and has a next-gen version available on shelves, it shouldn’t have X|S branding anywhere near it.

I can confidently state that I know my shit, but probably would have fallen for this.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Since 3am.
You dont need a kit kat, you need a drink.

Have both:

Kit_Kat_Sake_800x.png

tomoya-wink.jpg
Thanks man. I didn't even know they had these wonderful concoctions!. Now to find an American place that sells them.

Codes 208

Last week Reviewtechusa brought this issue up and frankly I agree that it’s a scumbag move.

but you know, it IS activision so that’s to be expected.

Yumi

How could anyone possibly know that it's the Xbox One version?

PYIeo7T.png

I do think the naming scheme is retarded, but come on.
Yep. If I see Xbox One on the green banner, I know it's an Xbox One game. Especially when they start stocking Series X games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is the dumbest thing MS could have done (the naming convention) with their next-gen console.

Top Bottom