• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pixar Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
OR... Alot of these movies were made by the same people and follow the same formulaic way to success.

1. Talking animals/inatimate objects.
1b. ...That you can turn into toys and other stuff for instant profit.
2. Same three-part premise, where the main character learns and important lesson and saves the day with help of his newly found friends.
3. Lots of fairytail elements like magic and colorful settings.

I'm all for analyzing stuff, but yeah, Pixar is a studio that does one thing and one thing only. They almost literally make the exact same movie over and over again, just with different characters they can market and sell as toys and make TV cartoons out of. So of course they're all gonna have overlapping ideas and similar settings so they will appear connected. Most Pixar movies are great fun little movies, some are outstanding, but interconnected and super heavy on plot details to connect one with the others... Very very doubtful.

Aside from the cameo's posted earlier, I doubt there's an intentional connection of the PIXAR UNIVERSE. I've read the whole thing, it's entertaining, but it's connecting dots that just aren't intentionally put there.

Kwixotik

OR... Alot of these movies were made by the same people and follow the same formulaic way to success.

1. Talking animals/inatimate objects.
1b. ...That you can turn into toys and other stuff for instant profit.
2. Same three-part premise, where the main character learns and important lesson and saves the day with help of his newly found friends.
3. Lots of fairytail elements like magic and colorful settings.

I'm all for analyzing stuff, but yeah, Pixar is a studio that does one thing and one thing only. They almost literally make the exact same movie over and over again, just with different characters they can market and sell as toys and make TV cartoons out of. So of course they're all gonna have overlapping ideas and similar settings so they will appear connected. Most Pixar movies are great fun little movies, some are outstanding, but interconnected and super heavy on plot details to connect one with the others... Very very doubtful.

Aside from the cameo's posted earlier, I doubt there's an intentional connection of the PIXAR UNIVERSE. I've read the whole thing, it's entertaining, but it's connecting dots that just aren't intentionally put there.
Authorial intent ain't shit. If it works, it works.

I hate this stuff. It's not a theory, much less a mind-blowing one. Theory comes from evidence, not bullshit. You could link anything you wanted if you could freely make stuff up. Ohhhhh Star Wars and Terminator take place in the the same universe because Cyberdyne made the first droids and bla bla bla ZOMG MIND BLOWN. It's mental masturbation for pseudo-intellectuals, like the Rugrats "theory". It's kind of neat in a "oh someone wrote fan-fiction" kind of way, I suppose. Mostly it's just silly.

qindarka

Banned
I hate this stuff. It's not a theory, much less a mind-blowing one. Theory comes from evidence, not bullshit. You could link anything you wanted if you could freely make stuff up. Ohhhhh Star Wars and Terminator take place in the the same universe because Cyberdyne made the first droids and bla bla bla ZOMG MIND BLOWN. It's mental masturbation for pseudo-intellectuals, like the Rugrats "theory". It's kind of neat in a "oh someone wrote fan-fiction" kind of way, I suppose. Mostly it's just silly.

Pretty much how I feel as well. I suppose it's ok if it's clear these theories are done purely for fun though.

Ludacris.

In Cars 2, the cars go to Europe and Japan, making it plain that this is all taking place on Earth as we know it.
No, it's not. The Cars universe is a weird representation of our own, where almost everything has been modified to appear more automotive-themed - including all famous landmarks. This is not just the same places after all humans have left - there is absolutely no sign of deterioration. It is clearly an alternate universe.

After Wall-E liberates the humans and they rebuild society back on Earth, what happens then? During the end credits of Wall-E, we see the shoe that contains the last of plant life. It grows into a mighty tree. A tree that strikingly resembles the central tree in A Bug’s Life.
No it doesn't?

There’s something strikingly different about A Bug’s Life when compared to other Pixar portrayals of animals. Unlike Ratatouille, Up, and Finding Nemo, the bugs have many human activities similar to what the rats in Ratatouille were just experimenting with. The bugs have cities, bars, know what a bloody mary is, and even have a travelling circus. This all assumes that the movie is in a different time period.
No, it was just an early film and Pixar were still finding their feet.

In Monsters Inc., they have an energy crisis because they are in a future earth without humans. Humans are the source of energy, but thanks to the machines, again, the Monsters find a way to use doors to travel to the human world. Only, it’s not different dimensions. The monsters are going back in time.
There is no suggestion in any other Pixar movie that a child's laughter is the most powerful source of energy. But this guy is suggesting that the monsters are just going back in time, in the same dimension, meaning that a child's laughter should be the most powerful source of energy in every film. This clearly not the case, and it is only the most powerful source of energy in the monsters' dimension. The doors are for traversing dimensions, not time within the same dimension.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is what happens when people overthink neat references to other films :/

It's as bad as "Ditto is a failed Mew clone" crap. Headcanon stupidity up there with MLP.

Next thing you'll tell me Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan exist in the same universe.

Someone needs to make a series of movies or games that are all secretly connected in a crazy way but make it so subtle that people don't immediately notice it. Then if someone figures it out, deny, deny, deny. It'll drive people crazy.

kick51

Banned
Someone needs to make a series of movies or games that are all secretly connected in a crazy way but make it so subtle that people don't immediately notice it. Then if someone figures it out, deny, deny, deny. It'll drive people crazy.

They don't need to, people do it on their own and convince themselves it's real.

See: Zelda

wildfire

Banned
The only rugrat not to be fictional however, was unborn Tommy's brother Dil, whom was born in 2002. However, Angelica didn't know the difference between Dil and her creations, although Dil didn't follow her commands. One day in 2005, after endless crying and a refusal to disappear like the others did when Angelica was angry with them, she hit him. Due to this, he sustained a brain hemorrhage, which resulted in a deformation. As he grew up, his damage only became more evident and by the time he was 11 in "All Grown Up!" he lived as an outcast, being ridiculed for his weirdness and retardation. The immense guilt over this is what led Angelica to her drug use and is what led Angelica to un-create the Rugrats briefly, until her experience with hallucinogenics.

I had to stop here. I can't go any further with this Rugrats Theory.

Wow.

Ratrat

This is stupid, yes. But by the time I was finished I was thoroughly entertained. The last bit about Boo being the witch from Brave is very creepy.

His way of connecting Cars and Monsters is incredibly forced however. 'Humans and animals interbreeding!'

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow this is pretty well put together. It's definitely an entertaining read, to say the least.

Tuck

The most insane article I've ever read.

Also: His explanation for Cars doesn't really fit, and Monsters Inc taking place in the future rather than a different dimension is one hell of a stretch (More so than the rest of the article, that is).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hang on, there's a Rugrats theory?
I want to know too....
The Rugrats really were a figment of Angelica's Demonic and Unimaginable imagination.

Chuckie died in 1997 along with his mother, that's why Chaz is a nervous wreck all the time.

Tommy was born in 2000, but he was a stillborn, that's why Stu is constantly in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live.

The DeVilles had an abortion in 2001, Angelica couldn't figure whether it would be a boy or a girl thus creating the twins.

As for "All Grown Up" the teenage Angelica became addicted to various narcotics which further aggravated her Schizophrenia, bringing her back to her childhood and thus her creations she obsessed over, because of time lapse between the present and the last time she interacted with her creations, she made them older. Angelica was constantly taking hits of acid, so she would never have to live without her creations who were her only company. In a judgemental world, Angelica's mom actually died of a heroine overdose in 1982 just after Angelica was born, and Drew in his depression married a gold digging whore that Angelica idolized because she fooled herself into thinking it was her real mom but always had a concept of her mom, Cynthia, and took a barbie doll and made it after her mom's image, wearing an unwashed orange dress and having jacked up hair, which is why she was so attached to it. Later in life she followed in her mom's footsteps with drugs and everything, dying of overdose at age 15 when All Grown Up! was "cancelled".

The only rugrat not to be fictional however, was unborn Tommy's brother Dil, whom was born in 2002. However, Angelica didn't know the difference between Dil and her creations, although Dil didn't follow her commands. One day in 2005, after endless crying and a refusal to disappear like the others did when Angelica was angry with them, she hit him. Due to this, he sustained a brain hemorrhage, which resulted in a deformation. As he grew up, his damage only became more evident and by the time he was 11 in "All Grown Up!" he lived as an outcast, being ridiculed for his weirdness and retardation. The immense guilt over this is what led Angelica to her drug use and is what led Angelica to un-create the Rugrats briefly, until her experience with hallucinogenics.

On a trip to Paris to find love, Chaz married a woman named Kira (He was actually going to marry a different woman named Coco, but she just wanted him for his money.) who had a daughter named Kimi that was torn from her because she was a cocaine addict (Angelica imagined her from Kira's stories). He lost his mind after the death of his wife and was in denial that she was ever prostitute. Upon return to America, Chaz and Kira married and she got her greencard. It was actually a really happy and romantic story. Kira continually stuggled with addiction, but was relatively happy with her life and Chaz

Suzie was actually Angelica's only friend, who entertained the thought of Angelica's creations, for her sake. Angelica spent the last days of her life in the back of the school cafeteria, imagining friends around her and playing with the lives of her creations.
& the tweaked version:
The Rugrats really were a figment of Angelica's imagination.

Chuckie died along with this mother; that's why Chaz is a nervous wreck all the time. Tommy was a stillborn; that's why Stu is constantly in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live. The DeVilles had an abortion. Angelica couldn't figure whether it would be a boy or a girl, thus creating the twins.

As for "All Grown Up," Angelica was a bipolar schizophrenic, who, as a teenager, became addicted to various narcotics, bringing her back to her childhood, thus creating a world in her mind that she obsessed over. Because of the time lapse between the present and the last time she interacted with her imaginary world, she made them older. Angelica was constantally taking hits of acid so she would never have to live without her creations. To her, her creations were her only company in a judgemental world.

Angelica's mom actually died of a heroin overdose. Angelica was schizophrenic and bipolar because she was a crack baby. Additionally, Drew, in his depression, married a gold digging whore that Angelica idolized because she fooled herself into thinking it was her real mom. However, she always had a concept of her mom, Cynthia. She used a barbie doll to mirror her birth mother's image—wearing an unwashed orange dress and jacked up hair—which is why she was so attached to it. Later in life she followed in her mother's footsteps, dying of overdose at age 13 when All Grown Up! was "cancelled."

The only rugrat not to be fictional however, was unborn Tommy's brother, Dil. However, Angelica didn't know the difference between Dil and her creations. Dil didn't follow her commands and after endless crying and a refusal to disappear like the others did when Angelica was angry with them, so she hit him. After she hit him, he screamed a screeching tune, and Stu ran in and pulled his neice off of his only child, but it was too late. Dil had a brain hemorrage, which resulted in a deformation. As he grew up, his damage only became more evident, and by the time he was 11 in All Grown Up! he lived as an outcast, being ridiculed for his weirdness and retardation. The immense guilt over this is what caused Angelica to start using drugs, and to un-create the rugrats briefly, until her experience with hallucinogenics.

Chaz lost his mind after the death of his first wife and was in denial that she was ever a prostitute. On a trip to Paris to find love, Chaz fell in love with a hooker named Kira (He was originally going to marry a different hooker, but she just wanted him for his money). Kira once had a daughter named Kimi, but the baby was torn from her by law due to her cocaine addiction. (Angelica imagined Kimi from Kira's stories.) Upon return to America, Chaz and Kira married and she got her greencard. It was a surprisingly happy and romantic story.

Kira continually stuggled with addiction, but was relatively happy with her new life with Chaz. Suzie was Angelica's only friend, who entertained the thought of Angelica's creations because they seemed to make her happy. She later became a phycologist and teamed up with Nickelodeon to make the Rugrats. When Angelica died of the overdose, Suzie helped arrange her funeral. Because of her addictions and her mental state, Angelica was expelled from society, which lead to a break with reality and her eventual death. She spent the last days of her life in the back of the school cafeteria, imagining friends around her and playing with the lives of her creations.

Kajigger

Wow, this is incredible. I don't completely understand where Cars fits in, but hey, it was a really interesting read.

DonMigs85

I remember there was a bonus in the Monsters Inc. DVD, originally the 2 races were humans and "mons".
The humans hated the mons and drove them away. Then over time the mons adapted characteristics of the animals they ate, developing horns, multiple eyes, tentacles, etc

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love these theories. They're quite awesome. So the thing with boo would pretty much guarantee that this is a self fulfilling history!

lefantome

He probably had too many negronis

negroni.jpg

Soodanim

Gold Member
I often enjoy reading theories like this. But despite reading the whole thing, I didn't enjoy this at all. I should have just read the condensed version in this thread. The only thing that kind of saves it is the Sully thing right at the end.

SmithnCo

Yeah... There comes a point where you are thinking way too hard about something.

edit: Oh god people are posting that awful try-hard Rugrats theory

MisterHero

Wall-e happened because Toy Story got the people of Pixar Earth obsessed with retaining their material possessions.

hirokazu

This guy is just making shit up to make connections between films when there isn't any. You guys seriously enjoyed reading that?

I came in expecting a viable theory but that read like a conspiracy nutjob applying his skills to movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom