• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

eznark

Banned
I really don't like Polygon.

ib24JWFw5tG0vm.gif

stewy

Haha you guys really don't like Polygon.

That's not what drove the conversation, though. It doesn't matter if this is a site we all love or all hate. The way they handled the situation made no sense, not to mention it's completely inconsistent with anything they'd done before.

That's not what drove the conversation, though. It doesn't matter if this is a site we all love or all hate. The way they handled the situation made no sense, not to mention it's completely inconsistent with anything they'd done before.
I know but if you hate it, it makes it more fun for us (the listeners).

pargonta

edit: done better below.

i think it's my first time posting in here but i just wanted to say i absolutely love P1P, have been going through old episodes and catching new ones for a couple months now. good stuff. thanks guys.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Polygon and Geis seem to be taking the Howard Stern approach to getting clicks. Remember the old line about the haters of Stern used to spend more time listening to see what he'll say next?

I've never actually been to polygon, since I never took it seriously after that scandal about their documentary, but lately people just cant stop talking about them. Probably exactly what they wanted. For the record, I don't boycott polygon or anything like that, I just don't care. All the gaming news i'll ever need is on gaf already anyways.

And foul on you all for not mentioning Crash Team Racing in the tweet about best racing games!

frequency

I don't find anything particularly bad about Polygon. It seems to be pretty standard for almost every major video game website.

But Polygon does have some excellent features articles that I would say is real journalism. I don't care for reviews so... eh.

eznark

Banned
I don't find anything particularly bad about Polygon. It seems to be pretty standard for almost every major video game website.

But Polygon does have some excellent features articles that I would say is real journalism. I don't care for reviews so... eh.

For sure. They publish some great free lance articles. Ron Zacny has had some great features on the site.

mik

mik is unbeatable
That little tweet stream is an utter delight, considering how many times that toolsack talks about secrets that "inside sources" have told him.

SickBoy

I think once you're a public figure and especially a "journalist," you gain a measure of trustworthiness by proving you're able to admit when you're not right.

Unfortunately when your starting point is that people who disagree "literally don't know what [they're] talking about" that might be a bit harder to do.

Oxx

But of all the things to stubbornly cling to...

It's pretty hilarious that he backed himself into this corner.

Selfish Bastards said:
Player One Podcast ‏@p1podcast

It almost never happens, but, we’re taking this week off. No new episode this week, but we’ll have one at PAX East.
My Gamer-Entitlement Sense tells me that I hate you all... and that you owe me a podcast.

Owe me.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
CJ's out of town and Sewart's sick, sadly.

Although I would be perfectly willing to crack wise while Mike complains about websites/podcasts that he doesn't like.

My Gamer-Entitlement Sense tells me that I hate you all... and that you owe me a podcast.

Owe me.
:( :( ow come on :(

no problem guys, its ok, better make up for it next week

CJ's out of town and Sewart's sick, sadly.

Although I would be perfectly willing to crack wise while Mike complains about websites/podcasts that he doesn't like.
YEAH lets do that please!
Just on offtopic podcast once, talk about 80 and 90 tv and about some older games? why not

eznark

Banned
Jesus Christ incompetent twists at Maxis didn't even miss a full week with Sim City.

Pathetic. Will not support inevitable kick starter

0/5

Please accept this small token as my apology for missing a week:

http://youtu.be/MO688ZIfLHE
I'm bothered that this man has this job when there must be thousands of more qualified, more reasonable people dying to get into covering video games and can't because he's filling a slot.

Jesus Christ incompetent twists at Maxis didn't even miss a full week with Sim City.

Pathetic. Will not support inevitable kick starter

0/5
Haha

stewy

Sorry y'all. Got diagnosed with pneumonia a couple nights ago and want to see if I can mostly kick it before it's time to head to PAX.

Ondore

I'd prefer not, simply because I want Phil to write for Polygon at some point. And IGN. It'd be doing the world a favour.

Top Bottom