• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

jackdoe

I'm hoping for an Infamous prequel where you play as "Kessler". Reuse assets from Infamous 2 and 1 to create a new game (much like Sony is doing with their other large franchises).

Famassu

Fezan said:
Malicious Looks beautiful.who is the developer and what is their history ??
It's actually available for PS3 already (Japan only, atm, though). It's developed by Alvion.

I haven't played it myself, but from what I've understood, it's pretty much like a Shadow of the Colossus X Mega Man type of game. There are levels, but like SOTC it's all about boss fights. Like in Mega Man, you get all kinds of power ups by beating these bosses and can beat them in any order you want (though, IIRC, all the bosses get harder when you defeat one boss, so some of them might prove out to be trickier than others if you leave them for later or don't have certain ability).

Gameplay vid of the PS3 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvBoqs7qEm4

yurinka

jackdoe said:
None of the games would fall under the "Port" category though since even games like UMVC3 adds touch support.
Ok, so Vita doesn't have ports. xDD

Just edited the post with my suggestion for the "type" field, now adding touch controls wouldn't be considered as "enhaced port":

-Original (Debuts first in PS Vita)
-Multiplatform (game released at the same time in several platforms)
-Enhaced port (adds trophies, on-line, higher resolution, transfarring or other new stuff to an old game)
-Remake (old game released some time ago in other platform almost totally remade)
-Port (same game already released some before in other platform with the same features, PS Vita version just adds touch controls)

Angry Fork

Vita just has sooo much stuff I'm interested in right now. I want it so bad. I'm more excited for this than I was for PS2 or PS3.

Definite buy's:

Uncharted
Gravity Daze
LBP
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4
Rayman
Resistance
Escape Plan
MGS collection
FFX
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
COD
Killzone

Maybe:

Little Deviants
Street Fighter
Ruin
Hustle Kings
Little Kings Story
Ninja Gaiden
Dragons Crown
Virtua Tennis 4 (I don't play Tennis or watch it but for some reason I find it fascinating, if I ever see it on TV or something I'll watch. I think it looks really fun, I love playing ping pong but haven't since I was a kid)

smh @ Silent Hill. I hope it crashes and burns so Konami can get their head out of their ass

Angry Fork said:
Definite buy's:

Uncharted
Gravity Daze
LBP
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4
Rayman
Resistance
Escape Plan
MGS collection
FFX
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
COD
Killzone

Maybe:

Little Deviants
Street Fighter
Ruin
Hustle Kings
Little Kings Story
Ninja Gaiden
Dragons Crown
Virtua Tennis 4 (I don't play Tennis or watch it but for some reason I find it fascinating, if I ever see it on TV or something I'll watch. I think it looks really fun, I love playing ping pong but haven't since I was a kid)

Vita just has sooo much stuff I'm interested in right now. I want it so bad. I'm more excited for this than I was for PS2 or PS3.
That avatar gets me every single time
lol.gif

Definitely getting Wipeout, FFX, and Marvel no matter the price. I'll wait to get stuff like Uncharted and Disgaea. Ninja Gaiden is a maybe depending on what features are added, and Ridge Racer is a big maybe depending on how much of a rehash it ends up being.

Well, if you weren't hyped before, that OP ought to change your mind.

What's wrong with MvC3? Are those pre-rendered sprites?

They do know the system can make things that look like Gravity Daze and LBP right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So this is going to be such a great first year. I'm just afraid there's no real megaton announced, and it's making me think this could be a light that burns bright (for me) and not very long.

Metalmurphy said:
I had no idea that Ninja Gaiden was coming to Vita. Any word about Dead or Alive 5 on Vita?

Only announced for PS360, hopefully Sigma does well enough(I'm getting malicious over it) to get us a Vita port.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
So this is going to be such a great first year. I'm just afraid there's no real megaton announced, and it's making me think this could be a light that burns bright (for me) and not very long.

So basically the PSP (in America, for non JRPG fans) :(

There really needs to be some kind of megaton. A ton of quantity and quality for the Vita's first year but no system seller type of name for a game.

darkside31337 said:
There really needs to be some kind of megaton. A ton of quantity and quality for the Vita's first year but no system seller type of name for a game.

I wonder what people expect from Sony's system seller? Every Nintendo handheld gets Mario, and that's a system-seller? Uncharted is easily one of PS3's largest franchises, and here you get Uncharted game on launch...

Castor Krieg said:
I wonder what people expect from Sony's system seller? Every Nintendo handheld gets Mario, and that's a system-seller? Uncharted is easily one of PS3's largest franchises, and here you get Uncharted game on launch...

Hot Shots Golf will be a system seller in Japan. Sony was really smart to make it a mainline game instead of another "Portable" entry. Something else could pop up. You can never really predict what will be a killer app for a system.

Castor Krieg said:

It's a series whose last numbered installment sold around 4 million worldwide, which means that the best-case scenario for a spinoff would probably be around 2.5-3 million worldwide LTD. That'd be a great number, of course, but it's probably not going to prove a killer app.

FoxSpirit

Y2Kev said:
We have Uncharted on a handheld. Aside from Moster Hunter or a Nintendo main-entry there are no real handheld bombs anyway.
I think we will have to simply believe in the Qualities of the Vita. The 3DS won't be another Lite, that much is clear. So I think the Vita can shed it's own light *fingers crossed*

SolidSnakex said:
Hot Shots Golf will be a system seller in Japan. Sony was really smart to make it a mainline game instead of another "Portable" entry. Something else could pop up. You can never really predict what will be a killer app for a system.
Yep. Who could've predicted that Monster Hunter would blow up like it did after its lukewarm reception on PS2? Killer apps always come out of nowhere (Pokemon, Brain Training, Nintendogs, Halo, GTA3, Modern Warfare, etc.). This is why I'm doubting that games like MK7 or SM3DLand will for sure recapture the lighting in a bottle the DS incarnations did or that companies should money-hat big franchises as if past success will repeat again.

theBishop

Banned
Y2Kev said:

Isn't Uncharted a megaton? I know we've been living with it for a while, but it's kind of a big deal, right?

kadotsu

Banned
DigitalDevil said:
Will it be possible to output the video to a home television so I can play on a big screen when at home? If so, day one!
Nope (you could buy a dev unit with HDMI out) and it also wouldn't work for all games that use touch, back touch and AR which seems to be about 50-70% of all Vita titles.

Omiee said:
i wish f1 2011 and uncharted have english language, i would soo pre order the vita.

It's kinda nuts that Uncharted doesn't when you think about it, no. I mean the game was obviously made in English first, so the English is there.

Donos

Y2Kev said:

Don't forget Call of Duty Vita. If it looks good and plays well with the two little sticks, it could lure some more ppl to the Vita (alone the trophies are a big plus for the vita in my opinion.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm really curious on when the big multiplatform publishers/devs will announce their vita titles. I'm looking at you EA (ssx), and Activision (call of duty).

Sony said the NA/EU release date would be announced soon. I'm guessing around October/November.

Boney

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
darn so many games I want, plus a mem card, plus the cradle and a case. darn I need to save.
What i'm doing is probably waiting for holiday 2012 at the earliest and start picking up cheaper stuff. Or wait for the revision and get an original model for cheap.

I just need self control

kadotsu said:
Nope (you could buy a dev unit with HDMI out) and it also wouldn't work for all games that use touch, back touch and AR which seems to be about 50-70% of all Vita titles.
Damn. Is there a version of the psp that has this feature?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Dragon's Crown and Little King's Story for me, please. Although I've yet to determine if I'll buy it at launch, it'll have a solid first year lineup.

theBishop

Banned
Donos said:
Don't forget Call of Duty Vita. If it looks good and plays well with the two little sticks, it could lure some more ppl to the Vita (alone the trophies are a big plus for the vita in my opinion.

Bioshock is an even bigger deal to me. If Ken Levine didn't confirm it, I wouldn't dare to dream of a handheld Bioshock. Too bad it's a logo game at the moment.

Heh, if I'm understanding what google translate is trying to tell me, I think this blog seems to be saying that the OLED screen does black so well that you can't tell where the screen ends and where the plastic begins sometimes on a black PSV? :p

kadotsu

Banned
DigitalDevil said:
Damn. Is there a version of the psp that has this feature?
All models from the 2000 upwards have composite/component TV out, the PSP go also has dual shock 3 support. The PSP will obviously not play Vita and PS Suite titles.

darkwing

Fine Ham Abounds said:

Heh, if I'm understanding what google translate is trying to tell me, I think this blog seems to be saying that the OLED screen does black so well that you can't tell where the screen ends and where the plastic begins sometimes on a black PSV? :p
that's the behavior of all oled screens, blacks are basically off

Top Bottom