• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punisher - The man. The legend. The maniac. Here's your primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What was the name of the Punisher villain who used a Yo-Yo that had razor blades as a weapon?

Yo Yo Ng.

No I'm not kidding.

25743410730_04a30c86cd_c.jpg

25949875411_98f2d65594_z.jpg

Yo! Yo-Yo!

Yea...

I already have all of Garth Ennis's Punisher stuff except for Barracuda Max. Is that worth it? Garth can really half ass his miniseries.

Walpurgis

Banned
After watching Daredevil season 2, I wouldn't describe The Punisher as a maniac. Everything he does makes perfect sense and he seems pretty in control to me.

Can anyone corroborate the idea that Garth Ennis used to envision Rutger Hauer while writing his Punisher scripts, because Rutger would have been old enough to be a Vietnam veteran, but also still able to deliver the business to criminals and pull off an Ennis quote afterwards.

I swear Ennis said this at some point, but a quick search shows me saying this same thing on a different forum, =(

I've definitely read an interview where Ennis said this, I'm almost positive it was in an issue of Wizard when Marvel was just about to put out the first Ennis 12 issue run.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Issue #1 of the new run was alright. It was pretty odd that they were censoring the language while being super gory though, kind of an odd tonal choice there.

I've been reading Punisher MAX thanks to you, and it's incredible. I love how dark it is. However, I'm worried as I'm nearing the end.

Where do I go from here :'(

Chinner

Banned
Anyone read the new Punisher issue? Was pretty good, and of to a decent start. I can see there being a lot of potential to it. It's gone back to the Punisher being a force of nature, which is nice. Edmonsons Punisher got waaay to whiny.

Theres also a Daredevil & Punisher run out, probably to capitalize on the Netflix series.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone read the new Punisher issue? Was pretty good, and of to a decent start. I can see there being a lot of potential to it. It's gone back to the Punisher being a force of nature, which is nice. Edmonsons Punisher got waaay to whiny.

Theres also a Daredevil & Punisher run out, probably to capitalize on the Netflix series.

Yea it was a good issue. Excited to see where it goes and there's definitely a lot of blood in this (and dare I hope looks to be getting as dark as MAX did).

Can someone help me out finding this comic page. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's a scene where the Punisher is done raiding some kind of drug den/lab and killing a bunch of criminals in the process (Shocking I know) and there's one dude left begging for his life and promising to reform. For whatever reason, Punisher decides to give this schmuck a chance and leaves him be, getting the guy to promise to turn a new leaf. Moments after Frank exits the room the guy calls up his buddy on the phone and immediately talks mad shit about Frank and how he just got away with lying to the Goddamn Punisher. Unbeknownst to him though Frankie is standing right behind the guy, and you can see the terror/sadness in his face as he realised how super fucked he is now without even needing to turn around, tearfully telling his buddy goodbye before hanging up.

Fury451

Banned
The interior art in the new Punisher is not good at all.

It really isn't. I made a whole thread about it basically. Made it hard to finish, and I'm not looking forward to more Dillon art.

Also wasn't wowed by the story, but it's only the start so I'll attempt to give a couple more issues a try- but that art may seriously prevent that.

Can someone help me out finding this comic page. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's a scene where the Punisher is done raiding some kind of drug den/lab and killing a bunch of criminals in the process (Shocking I know) and there's one dude left begging for his life and promising to reform. For whatever reason, Punisher decides to give this schmuck a chance and leaves him be, getting the guy to promise to turn a new leaf. Moments after Frank exits the room the guy calls up his buddy on the phone and immediately talks mad shit about Frank and how he just got away with lying to the Goddamn Punisher. Unbeknownst to him though Frankie is standing right behind the guy, and you can see the terror/sadness in his face as he realised how super fucked he is now without even needing to turn around, tearfully telling his buddy goodbye before hanging up.

AC05.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Let's talk about how Cloonan's run so far has people getting their heads blown off and electrocuted, but cursing is absolutely out of the question.

It really isn't. I made a whole thread about it basically. Made it hard to finish, and I'm not looking forward to more Dillon art.

Also wasn't wowed by the story, but it's only the start so I'll attempt to give a couple more issues a try- but that art may seriously prevent that.

AC05.jpg

Thanks fam. Dude's face in the last panels cracks me up every time.

I haven't had much time for comics in the last little while, so I need to catch up on Cloonan and Dillon's run. Gonna try to rectify that this weekend.

But in the meantime, some more casting news for the Punisher show (from the other thread:)

Ben Barnes (“The Chronicles of Narnia“) joins the cast as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called “Anvil.”’

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“Girls”) will play Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.

And Amber Rose Revah (“Indian Summers,” “Son of God”) joins as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.

“I’m really excited about the cast we're assembling alongside Bernthal as Frank Castle,” said showrunner and Executive Producer Steve Lightfoot. “I look forward to watching Ben, Ebon and Amber embody these characters and breathe vivid life into the story we are crafting for this season of 'Marvel's The Punisher.'"

"We couldn’t be more thrilled about the remarkable talent joining Jon Bernthal in 'Marvel’s The Punisher.' Ebon, Ben and Amber are incredibly talented actors and we can’t wait to see them bring these characters to life,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Marvel’s Head of Television.

It was previously announced that Jon Bernthal whom whom fans were first introduced to in Season 2 of "Marvel’s Daredevil," will lead the cast as Frank Castle/The Punisher.

Steve Lightfoot (“Hannibal”) will write the series’ first two episodes in addition to serving as showrunner and Executive Producer. Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage") will also serve as Executive Producer along with Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage"), Marvel’s Head of Television.

"Marvel’s The Punisher" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/26831/net...nnounces_three_new_cast_members#ixzz4MLOAMStP

FUCKING JIGSAW.

Interesting casting tho. So, he'll be Castle's best friend, probably wind up being corrupt, and he should have an army and a lot of resources behind him.

So, this is Jigsaw pre-facial reconstruction

Micro:

Dinah Madani is new:

Plus the show's already filming and a few shots are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom