• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The reason why I got rid of the Wii-U and my biggest concern about the Switch

-shadow-

I don't care about cloud saves. Why can't we just put saves on the SD card???

The Wii was busted wide open at first through the save files, I think Nintendo hasn't made save files backups really that useful since. Yeah you can make a backup of your digital 3DS game, and while you can copy them to the PC they only work on that specific 3DS (not on your account that's liked, unless you transferred it to another 3DS), so if your 3DS gets busted you're screwed still. Same goes for the WiiU, except those you cant even back up to the PC.

They really need cloud saves when the online service comes online, on the WiiU it sucked, but at least there was someway of making a copy. Now there's non what-so-ever. We've been going losing more and more options with each and every new console.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Yeah, I am waiting for Nintendo to provide the option to transfer save file from the Switch to the micro SD card as my little brother wants a Switch but his saved file would be stuck on my Switch.

As a minimum, you're gonna have to wait until the paid online service hits in order to have cloud saves.

Yeah, that better not be the only option as I am not paying for cloud services or on-line.

NoKisum

I don't care about cloud saves. Why can't we just put saves on the SD card???

I bought a Switch last week and it's got a broken joycon. I can't take the console back to Tesco because I can't be bothered to restart Zelda now. So I had to call Nintendo to send in the left joycon, meanwhile I will have to buy spare joycons to play it while I wait for it to be fixed.

Fucking ridiculous tbh. I was able to save PSP saves onto a memory card and back them up on my PC in 2005 FFS.

For Nintendo, save files to an SD card = vulnerable door to invite hackers.

faint.

No, I didn't. I still can't save my files, that's what I'm saying. If I have to send to repair mi console today, I'll lose my saves.

Is a feature supposedly coming, with a paid service...

Yes, but the answer is no different. It's coming with the paid online service which is not out yet. You can be annoyed with that but it doesn't change the fact that you received the correct answer already.

Red Devil

On Wii at least you could copy the stuff from the SD card, no idea about Wii U or Switch, haven't tried.

I decided to not spend more time in a system that wouldn't let me do what I've been doing (or at least trying) during my entire life as a gamer: completing games and then treasure the save files as that, my treasures.

Might be true in your experience but it isn't in all cases, batteries on cartridges tend to die and memory cards can go bad(not in all cases but more often than not it happens).

Top Bottom