• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ridiculous Six (Adam Sandler) is the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Sandler stay winning. The Ridiculous Six has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 0%.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/10724288/netflix-ces-2016-the-ridiculous-six-most-watched-movie

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings and chief content officer Ted Sarandos just finished taking questions in the wake of the company's massive CES 2016 keynote. While answering a question about global movie production after the company's expansion to over 130 new countries, Sarandos shared an interesting piece of information regarding Netflix's existing movie business. Apparently Adam Sandler's low-brow Western The Ridiculous Six is Netflix's most-watched movie ever, a designation that includes both the service's burgeoning original films and its licensed properties. "The Ridiculous Six, by way of example, in the first 30 days on Netflix it's been the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix," said Sarandos. "It's also enjoyed a spot at #1 in every territory we operate in, and in many of them it's still #1."

It's an impressive achievement, particularly when you remember The Ridiculous Six premiered on the service less than a month ago. Where does the credit lie? Adam Sandler's enduring, cross-generational popularity helps; Netflix kicked its promotional machine into high gear for the release, to the point where it was hard to escape ads for the movie no matter your internet haunts; the service's user base is bigger than ever and constantly growing, meaning there are way more people available to watch the movie now than a year ago. No matter the factors, Netflix is obviously pretty excited about The Ridiculous Six's numbers. Nothing eases the sting of terrible reviews like millions of viewers.

tumblr_n3f9ty9Jec1r3z3gbo1_400.gif

I saw him at a local bar a few months back, should've toasted him! Love this guy. Local hero of the ages.

While the movie was campy as fuck, still enjoyed it for what it was.

Do they count partial views from people who tried watching it just because they're masochistic and curious to see how much they can handle before succumbing to the awful and turning it off? If so then I apologize for my 10 minutes that contributed to this.

Usually I hate it when people say "Everyone is really stupid! The average guy on the street is a moron!" But man, it's hard to deny when confronted with something like this. Why would anyone willingly watch such a thing? I just don't understand.

zoozilla

Sorry guys, I'm one of them.

Watched about 5 minutes of it just to see what 4K stuff looked like.

Never going to watch it again, though.

I'm amazed, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT successful. And people were wondering why Netflix would do something like that.

On the other side, Netflix does not have a lot of original movies with so much marketing behind them. I'm not sure what I would expect to be the most successful movie on there.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is what you get for "ironically" watching a movie.

I hate everyone responsible for this.

Prompto

Banned
I guess it makes sense. Netflix doesn't have a lot of original movies and people watch the other movies on Netflix through other means.

Still :/

commedieu

Banned
much like shipped vs actual sales...
We need Data to say if anyone COMPLETED the movie.

But, see? You fucks did this. All of you. Now Sandler's reign is secured on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom