• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ridiculous Six (Adam Sandler) is the most-watched movie in the history of Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

It's a pretty poor movie. Mostly because it's really bland and tired. It's just forgettable background noise. No where near the worst movie of last year though.

K' Dash

this is who I blame.

there are some markets that fiend for this type of humor and poor quality acting.

actually....tropic thunder covers the topic pretty accurately.

foreign markets love stink-bombs

for those who sat through it..... what'd you think anyways? is it as bad as rob schneider as a carrot?

Hard numbers would be nice before you start pointing fingers.

Damn gotta love all the salt over the film being a success despite not being what they like on films or what they want to be a financial success, personally I found the movie bad but watchable and some friends even like it (well they tend to like most of Sandler movies anyway).

A lot of hyperbole in here. Was it stupid? Yeah it was, but so is Family Guy. Sometimes stupid shit is funny. I wouldn't go out of my way to see this film, but in no way was it the worst I've ever seen (I reserve that for Anti-Christ).

Tobor

Netflix data strikes again.

Those who love Sandler watched it. Those who hate Sandler watched it. Netflix knew you would watch it.

Chuckie

There's literally nothing else to say. The common person is going to watch anything regardless of quality. If it gets a chuckle they'll watch it. How else do you think Family Guy is still on the air? Still strange this is considered so shocking to people.

Yet there is a discussion 4 pages long...so I guess there is literally something else to say.

Darryl

Banned
It wasn't that bad of a movie. Poorly paced and predictable maybe. No where near bad enough to warrant the outrage.

Holy shit this is a weird movie. Just started watching thanks to this thread.

It's like the production value is pretty big, but no one involved gives a shit.

Calabi

I may be part of the problem, but I promise I didn't laugh at any of it.

It doesnt say if anyone found it funny, which I doubt very many did, so the next one will probably bomb.

baldrat61

Neo Member
Really dont understand who likes his stuff. Obviously alot of Americans do but WHY,What is it you like that hes doing because i cant get my head round it.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

HappyMadison.png

LakeEarth

You gotta be shitting me about that Netflix rating thing.

Mind Blown.

I understand not noticing if you're the only one who uses it. If you have multiple profiles, you'll notice that the stars for the same movie differ between the two. For example, low budget romance movies I've never heard of can be a 2 star on my account and a 4 star on my sisters. For adult cartoons, it's the other way around.

Oh I know I just thought that there was like some kind of point on the timeline where people [on GAF] universally agreed he started to suck, and those movies were from the period before that. I really haven't seen too many people say that Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore are shitty Sandler films, especially compared to his more recent output.
Ah, I see, that makes sense. I know that some people here like his earlier films, but to be honest I never have, so I'm not sure if it's an "age thing" (again, not judging) or if it's just different strokes for different folks.

edit: you know, thinking about it a bit more, it's perhaps because those two movies were kind of "fresh" at the time? I mean, after he kind of became that character (slacker/silly idiot who still somehow wins the day or gets the girl) over and over again, people started to grow tired of it? I don't really know though.

Adam Sandler is not that character this time. He is like a baby-sitter of brothers throughout the movie, most of the brother are idiots. He also does most of the skillful/serious work while his brother are having fun.

This movie does follow the Happy Madison formula, but not in the sense which you describe.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Honestly I don't think I'd watch it anyway, I'm not a fan of "idiot" characters (didn't like Dumb and Dumber back in the day either) in general, but it's good to know he's mixing it up a bit.

I should probably clarify that I don't despise Sandler as an actor (though I honestly don't think he's any good, and I loved "Reign Over Me"), I just don't enjoy his particular brand of humor, and I find most of his movies to be same-ish and lazy.

entremet

Really dont understand who likes his stuff. Obviously alot of Americans do but WHY,What is it you like that hes doing because i cant get my head round it.

You can't understand why people have different tastes and preferences?

This is why businesses don't make investments on subjective feelings alone, but on objective data.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I did my part by watching it.

It was alright, it was typical Adam Sandler stupidity but I'm not one of those hyperbolic ravers that thinks anything Sandler does is the worst film in the entire world.

I understand not noticing if you're the only one who uses it. If you have multiple profiles, you'll notice that the stars for the same movie differ between the two. For example, low budget romance movies I've never heard of can be a 2 star on my account and a 4 star on my sisters. For adult cartoons, it's the other way around.

Ahh yeah that makes sense .We have one account for my wife and me and one for my kids, and it's set to kid only programming.

Holy shit this is a weird movie. Just started watching thanks to this thread.

That is an extremely apt description, the friend I watched it with and I felt that Sandler was practically sleeping through it. His character is insanely low energy, which is weird since at least in the movies I've seen of his that's the exact opposite of what he normally plays.

This thread inspired me to watch Eight Crazy Nights last night. What a very fucking weird movie that is. The animation is incredible but the story is so weird and the product placement is unlike anything I've ever seen before, holy shit.

I know it's probably been mentioned but I wouldn't pay too much attention to it being the most watched since it started fucking auto playing it every time I finished a series or film.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'll check it out eventually. Even if it's just a morbid curiosity.

I also watch Uwe Boll movies on Netflix too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom