• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ROG Ally is a hot mess.

Poppyseed

My only comment on hibernation these days is to keep an eye on your SSD's health. Hibernation writes to SSDs very quickly add up, and while high capacities, SSD endurance has drop significantly.
You’d have to be hibernating an awful lot for that to be an issue, far more than any normal use case would suggest.

Topher

Gold Member
I just circumvented the SOC problem entirely by using Sunshine/Moonlight. Max settings Cyberpunk, Path tracing at 1200p on my PC streamed to my Deck at a locked 90fps at 800p. Even using a nightly version of Moonlight for HDR streaming as well. Far superior to anything you can run natively on any handheld with the advantage of no noise and 8+ hours battery life. Does take a bit of setup to get that streaming to be perfect though.

Only works really well on the same network of course, leaving the house I'll stick to lower power games that don't drain the battery anyways.

I have Moonlight installed on my Steam Deck and it works really well. I haven't fine tuned it like you have just yet, but even without tinkering it is impressive.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
You Know It GIF by MOODMAN
Worth adding that if you use it in 'Switch' mode - which works really well now with a Thunderbolt GPU dock - you pretty much need windows for it to work anyway (and it comes with Auto HDR as a bonus). Granted SD doesn't even have the I/O to make that possible.

Top Bottom