• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Scribblenauts Avatars' Thread-The artists have left the building

Blizzard

Banned
Your KK Rider showed up with the correct dimensions, don't worry. The problem was that you resized to match the height, so it gets ugly automatic view rescale. :p

*edit* Yours looks good now. It may be a tiny bit more faded than MY resize, but I can't judge you on that...sadly, I was a rank amateur when I resized the cover art dino originally so my own avatar is a bit faded. :(

n8

Unconfirmed Member
oh shoot, the dimensions were off. I just did a copy/paste job but didn't go in depth with checking that everything fit perfectly.

Thanks for the revised copies Blizzard.

n8BitMan said:
8-Bit Soul - Megan Fox (Transformers)
scrib-meganfox.png

thank You very much sir :)

mr.saturn

Neo Member
Is Barrett or the Chocobo still up for grabs?
m7xezo.png

2vc88ip.png

If Barrett is still up for grabs, I'll claim him, if not, I'll claim Chocobo :D

Also, sorry if I'm doing something wrong or breaking the rules, I don't think I am, but if I am please tell me. :)

Blizzard

Banned
mr.saturn said:
If Barrett is still up for grabs, I'll claim him, if not, I'll claim Chocobo :D

Also, sorry if I'm doing something wrong or breaking the rules, I don't think I am, but if I am please tell me. :)
I think someone is using Barrett, but I'm not sure. And I think pretty much all the artists gave up, so all that's left is for the remaining people with avatars to switch to them in time for release! :D

Unicorn

Blizzard said:
I think someone is using Barrett, but I'm not sure. And I think pretty much all the artists gave up, so all that's left is for the remaining people with avatars to switch to them in time for release! :D

How depressing. This thread was an open tab 24/7 for the longest time for me. Activity just flatlined.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Unicorn said:
How depressing. This thread was an open tab 24/7 for the longest time for me. Activity just flatlined.

Yeah... -_-

I never got my request completed yet so I hope that someone would come back and make me one >.>

zumphry

Banned
I'm too ashamed of my abominations that can be technically called Scribbletaurs to try to make anymore(Kidding, I'll try to make a few. Sad to see the really good ones stop making them :( ).

ok GAF, I tried. you can laugh if you want, just please be nice, as it's my first one of *anything*.

3895171188_c6b497c945_o.gif

Still trying to figure out how to do the transparency (using Corel Painter Essentials).

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Oh man Im so late on this thread, but I must ask and beg if I may for someone to please please make a Treecko avatar from Pokemon for me one with him and a balde of grass / stick in his mouth :)

PLEASE

Hes so Badass...

similar to this

treecko1.jpg

zumphry

Banned
biggyfries said:
ok GAF, I tried. you can laugh if you want, just please be nice, as it's my first one of *anything*.

3895171188_c6b497c945_o.gif

Still trying to figure out how to do the transparency (using Corel Painter Essentials).

You might want to use Photoshop(or GIMP, which is free) to select the Pikmin, then make a new, transparent image.

Here's an example(you can use this, if you want, this is just showing you what I'd look like, my version here from GIMP kinda took a few parts off of the edges)

pikminblue.png

ZayneH said:
You might want to use Photoshop(or GIMP, which is free) to select the Pikmin, then make a new, transparent image.

Here's an example(you can use this, if you want, this is just showing you what I'd look like, my version here from GIMP kinda took a few parts off of the edges)

pikminblue.png

Thanks alot, Zayne!! I will try GIMP right now.

zumphry

Banned
biggyfries said:
Thanks alot, Zayne!! I will try GIMP right now.

No problem, just be careful when selecting the edges. If you haven't already, take a 30-day test drive of Photoshop(or Photoshop Elements) too.

3895457102_e3472a30ae_o.gif

Ok, I think Im done for the night. Had to update Leopard before I could install GIMP, so now Im tired. I will try some more tomorrow.

thanks alot for the help, Zayne!! :D

Unicorn

Blizzard said:
If anyone wants to try to make themselves an avatar from some of the official stuff, here's a big picture:

awesome poster

If only the Unicorn was whole in the pic and the hick wasn't riding it... also that chameleon next to it is amazing, but I'm almost positive I've seen someone with it, which I don't mind.

This reminds me I need to start playing Monster Hunter 2 again to finally get that Unicorn goat thing's armor...

Dorfdad said:

Yeesh.... well, at least the thread title has changed, so I'm to assume that the banhammer has faded along with the artists and all requests that pop up are more pipe-dreams and empty wishes than anything that could infringe on people's patience and nerves.

jrricky

Banned
:lol At the title change.

Sorry guys for bailing out, making Scribbletars were taking up too much of my time that I could have been using for other projects. It got so addicting I wanted to do it all day.:lol

But I had to severe my ties and not look at the thread so I could get some work done (I had to do this with Smash too, havent played in two months lol). Ill try to see if I can get back into this a little since summer is over now (did it even start lol?)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, figured I'd join in on the fun, made my self a scribblenaut style Avie! Except I did mine in pixel art!

Introducing a particular fav of mine, the Royal Knight from Guardian Heroes!

GHknightscribble.gif

bard

Unicorn said:
I'm going to claim K.K. and throw up the Third Colossus back to the community, so he's up for grabs again.

Colossus.png
Ok, so it looks like this guy is unclaimed. I'm going to lay my grubby paws on it. If I am in error, feel free to berate me via PM and I'll change it. :p

LaneDS

Was a good run. I plan on sporting my Divvy made Alphonse Elric for quite a long while. And uhh, buying Scribblenauts soon. Ahem. I'm undeserving presently.

OnPoint

I quite wanted to show my excitement for this game with my requested T-800 avatar.

Sadly, I never saw it. But I did buy the game.

Blizzard

Banned
LaneDS said:
Was a good run. I plan on sporting my Divvy made Alphonse Elric for quite a long while. And uhh, buying Scribblenauts soon. Ahem. I'm undeserving presently.
Why undeserving? :( I'd almost donate a spare copy to someone, but I think I can probably find friends to give mine to.

Nightz

jrricky said:
Feel sad for some of you. I'll come back tomorrow and do some especially for the ones that have the game...
Hook a brother up! I have the game! :lol My Soundwave avatar was already in progress, but the guy doing it died or something. So close. :(

billy.sea

Banned
How do I know which one is claimed and which one is not? I have been following this game from day one (and now promoting this game to everyone I know) and I don't get one... :_(

All this summer my job made me quit doing the scribbletars, something I really sad of.
Also sorry for the people that request some avatars and never got one.

Maybe tomorrow I will also join and do some more.

Top Bottom