• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Scribblenauts Avatars' Thread-The artists have left the building

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
>.> I have that weird feeling that we the last 30 avatars requests wouldn't get any. lol

Come on, make me a Reno Avatar. Show your FF7 Love! :p

Captain N

razdor2k said:
Can you open up requests till it get to 150 requests?

Why do you want requests to be opened? You already have one and it could turn into something where those 50 or more people get their requests filled before the 97 who have been on the list since the beginning.

xbhaskarx

Blyss, the stupid junior with this avatar was just banned, so it's available again:
2eed4yb.png

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Hahaha, I think I love these more than the other game related avatars we've done in the past. It's funny seeing familiar avatars scribble-fied.

kozmo7 said:
Hahaha, I think I love these more than the other game related avatars we've done in the past.

The usual game avatar fads are all about just pasting a few identifiable details from one character onto a totally unrelated image as some kind of primitive tribal marking. This one is different because it's actually taking advantage of the creativity and talent of GAF members and doing something that's tightly in theme with the game (i.e. the idea that "anything" can be in it). :D

(It's also a niche-ish game that's being hyped up out of genuine excitement at the gameplay possibilities instead of being a prominent console exclusive that's already 100% certain to be a hit, so I think that helps too.)

Negaiido

xbhaskarx said:
Blyss, the stupid junior with this avatar was just banned, so it's available again:
2eed4yb.png

Mind if I take it?

edit: oh nevermind, I don't want a second hand avatar :p

edit2: Kinda strange that no one has made Yotsuba yet :O :(

edit3:

Is this one taken?

Scribble-SoraAv.png

edit4:

Taken >.>

atomsk

Party Pooper
i would update the list, but there haven't been any updates.

i get the feeling things will possibly pick up closer to release

28 days to go!

razdor2k

Banned
Captain N said:
Why do you want requests to be opened? You already have one and it could turn into something where those 50 or more people get their requests filled before the 97 who have been on the list since the beginning.

Doh, i really like my avatar now... but if i can get my own request it would be gladly appreciated .

Aeri said:
Hiya guys.

I jumped on the Scribblenauts fan art bandwagon a while back, and joined NeoGaf just so I could post them and tell you guys how much I love the ones you've done.

I don't know if any of these have been requested (I know a moogle was requested but that was already filled before I could post), but anyone is welcome to whichever of these they want, except for Nappa or Roger until I can decide which one I want more. >>

I'm about 90% sure I got the avatar sizes right, but I'd advise checking first just in case.
[Edit:] They're all the right size now. :3

Family Guy:
Scribble_Stewie.png
Scribble_Stewie_sm.png

Thanks, stewie is mine now :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If so then you can take my name off the list :(. Sucks that lots got served that weren't on the list or were lower in line than me. Great works none the less.

Negaiido

LiquidMetal14 said:
If so then you can take my name off the list :(. Sucks that lots got served that weren't on the list or were lower in line than me. Great works none the less.

Its just what I think :p, I'm probably wrong. I'm always wrong :p

cramcakes

I'll try to make some more when things quiet down at my house. Baby and wife have been sick and I think I'm finally catching it as well. I have the Soundwave request almost done, too.

I wasnt able to get in during the request period, so I decided to try and make my own.

Unfortunately, my drawing experience is akin to a kindergartener, so my avatar is pretty crappy, to say the least. :lol

Victrix

*beard*
n8BitMan said:
Caddywompus has made quite a few more. (I'll PM the owners)

Warhammer 40k Techmarine
scrib-Warhammer.png

Amazing amount of detail scrunched in there, I'd love to see him do some other 40k avatars without the giant arm :D

zumphry

Banned
Here's another horrible avatar of mine that's brlito's avatar in a quazi-scribblenauts(but kinda like Wind Waker :lol ) style.

brlitofinal.png

Not as good as I had hoped it had turned out. Really need to get a Wacom tablet. :(

Already have a simple copy of Yes Boss!'s request ready, and I'll make RSP37's request for a ODST from Halo. Then I'll start on the characters that are left and not already made from Pokemon.

EDIT: For any future avatars I try to create, should I use the brush tool more, or keep on making the avatars mostly with the Polygonal Lasso Tool? Or a combination of both?

NeoForte

Captain N said:
who is that? I just made it to the moon in Personal Trainer : Walking and the person you meet on the moon looks just like that!

Thats a FFXI Mandragora (FFXII as well since it's basically the same model).

And White outline and color drop shadow are a scribble effect? huh guess I gotta add it then.

Edit: this better?

TrueAvatar4.png

Meier said:
It's definitely a shame. It gave some really impressive artists an outlet for a little while.

I'd love to contribute, and see what I can do with the template. But, as illustrated by the Flipnote Studio thread, my drawing ability is equal to that of a spastic child.

batbeg

I can be removed from the list. If any artists happened to have been doing my request, I'll happily sport their work, but with the news of a new LocoRoco I've decided to get a new LocoRoco avatar, and I don't think the style of the game meaningfully translates to the scribble style :lol

Still, great work all round, guys :)

KtSlime

I would like to thank all the artists in this thread, you inspired me to open up Photoshop for the first time in years. All the art work is great, and I hope to make a few scribbletars of my own.

Dibs on Haruhi (not a request, will make it myself)

PS Scribblenauts looks awesome, so I'm going to add it to my must have list.

Blizzard

Banned
AlucarD.eq said:
I will try to buy Photoshop to help a little next month.. Still not so sure if I will be able to do "awesome" avatars :S
If you've never used the GIMP, it's worth trying at least, since it's free. :) (www.gimp.org) I think there may still be a GIMPShop version of it that makes it look more like Photoshop, too.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
KK Slider from Animal Crossing
scrib-KK.png

8-Bit Soul - Megan Fox (Transformers)
scrib-meganfox.png

Agent Dormer - Dr. House
scrib-House.png

And of course, they are from Caddywompus.

Unicorn

n8BitMan said:
KK Slider from Animal Crossing
scrib-KK.png

And of course, they are from Caddywompus.
OMG the only thing I love more than SotC would be Animal Crossing and specifically K.K. Slider.

UGH!

I'm going to claim K.K. and throw up the Third Colossus back to the community, so he's up for grabs again.

Colossus.png

Blizzard

Banned
Unicorn said:
OMG the only thing I love more than SotC would be Animal Crossing and specifically K.K. Slider.

UGH!

I'm going to claim K.K. and throw up the Third Colossus back to the community, so he's up for grabs again.

Colossus.png
I hope that colossus was an open request you claimed. If you requested it and then stole KK Slider so no one else can use it, I'm gonna break your kneecaps. ;p

*edit* Thanks for playing by the rules. :)

*edit* Rehosted and resized. Just as a reminder, both of these are taken (I PMed the guy who should get the House one).
jkaa2p.png

vevxaw.png

Unicorn

The colossus was open, I'm no douchebag. I play by the rules, no worries!

edit:
haha, I just resized the K.K. myself. thanks for reminding me though, because I forgot to check the dimensions. Was pretty close, but don't want gimped privileges/ban...

Top Bottom