• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The secret greatest fighting game of all time is a PC exclusive, and it's free.

Have to admit the game's awesome, linking infinite combos is so much fun and so responsive.

So far I played with only three characters, Mario being the first one, I found him to be a little low tier and even buggy at times.

The most awesome character I had so much fun with is the chick in one piece black suit with the hoody, she is amazing, my new favorite fighting game character (sort of) her moves are great. highly recommend her.

I got to the stage where I had to fight four characters at a time, I just can't do it captain, too cheap!! especially if you get caught in the crossfire.. too much going on, can't tell anymore.. I wish this game was easy enough to be beaten, but I gave up :(

I even like the variety and the goofiness of the characters, the last boss is pretty cool too.

Funny how not unlike other great Japanese fighting games of the past (like SNK games) this game also actually gives us a nice little glimpse of Chinese culture.

Dong Dong is getting love on GAF, nice.

Been playing this for about a year and it's just too much fun. I haven't been playing it much lately but I might boot it up this weekend.

Nishastra

Banned
CrookedRain said:
This game is seriously awesome. I got up to a stage where I had to fight like 7 people at once though and I have no clue how the hell I'm supposed to beat it.
I did it by playing as Violent Dong Dong and spamming his Seraphic Wing-alike :p

Which is pretty much to say, by cheating.

Nishastra said:
I did it by playing as Violent Dong Dong and spamming his Seraphic Wing-alike :p

Which is pretty much to say, by cheating.
Funny, I went back and beat the game with him after I posted that. Seems almost impossible to beat that stage with certain characters.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Well there's no dp shortcut so this is already beating out SF4 imo. Pretty fun game.

Edit: What does the character on Mario's back say after his raging demon? I know it's the kanji for horse but I don't know what it means in Chinese.

squall23

Ysiadmihi said:
Well there's no dp shortcut so this is already beating out SF4 imo. Pretty fun game.

Edit: What does the character on Mario's back say after his raging demon? I know it's the kanji for horse but I don't know what it means in Chinese.
It's still horse. Rarely any word in Chinese would have a different meaning than in Japanese.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
squall23 said:
It's still horse. Rarely any word in Chinese would have a different meaning than in Japanese.

Ah ok thanks. I only ask because someone seemed dumbfounded when I asked them what it was :p

From the games Readme file.

There would be a "street fighter" fighting competition in Guangzhou city of China in 2009. Before the finals, many fighters disappeared mysteriously. All the clue leads to the "Biochemistry Man". A policeman named "Dongdong" from Sichuan province began the trip to the South. He disguised himself as a fighter, aiming to find out the turth of the case.

Who's Biochemistry Man? Why there were so many fighters disappeared?
There will be an unheard-of calamity in 2009. Dongdong's fight would change many people's destiny...

<Dong Dong Never Die> is a free PC FTG game. It has been programing and producing from 2006 Oct till 2009 Aug. It takes 3 years of our spare time. This game was produced by a group of game fans in china, the developing software is 2DFM. It was dubed in Chinese (mandarin and several dialects), and was made of Chinese captions.There are 36 scenes , 24 optional characters and 15 characters that are not optional. It gathered 18,000 photos during the producing of the game, but about 10,000 photos were adopted in the game.

You can use the "GAME.exe" to enter the story game. Use the "LunaPort.exe" to enter the network game.
When 1P and 2P palyers both enter the "LunaPort.exe", 1P player press "1", then tell 2P his IP address(The way to get the IP address:http://www.ip138.com/),then 2P player press "2" and input 1P's IP address. And they can enter the game when 1P press "Enter". 1P and 2P palyers must both choose "VS.MODE" in the game.
Pressing "3" means 1P and 2P palyers play in the "VS.MODE" in one PC, and the stages will change randomly (If you use "GAME.EXE" to play the "VS.MODE" , there will be only one stage.)

Ultrabum

Ok, so I downloaded this and its the greatest thing ever... But how do you do these ridiculous super moves? I havn't been able to do anything more than just kicking and punching... Do you have to charge up to like 3 "bars" or something? Thanks!

Mercutio

Ok, and I just played a stage with Michael Jackson's Dangerous playing in the background.

This is so god damned brilliant.

I like that there are 2 intros, one is the Sarah Connor voiceover from Terminator 2.

This is the game that keeps on giving. The new Fighters megamix.

Mercutio

Can't. Stop. Playing.

This isn't fair. I have work to do. I have a million models to make. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE CHINA YOU ARE CRIPPLING AMERICAN INDUSTRY

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i got an error while extracting it, has anyone else gotten that? a corrupt file for the hu nan stage.

edit: when i extract it, theres no exe for the installer

edit 2: nvm alls good

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Nemesis121 said:
Anyone figure out how to get the D-pad on 360 working for this game? can't use the thumb stick....
are there instructions anywhere on how to get a 360 controller working with this?

also, this became the game of forever when the dead cell theme started playing

Micius

Ysiadmihi said:
Ah ok thanks. I only ask because someone seemed dumbfounded when I asked them what it was :p

The meaning of the character on Mario's back is "horse", but the reason they put it there is because it's pronounced "ma" in Mandarin Chinese. "Mario" is written out with three characters, "ma", "li" and "ao" in Chinese so it's like his initial.

Gram Negative Cocci said:
Holy crap they ripped off almost every fighting game out there. Loving the KOF intro.

The meta game is to spot all the ripp offs through all the media sources. ;)

f3d20501.jpg

tearsofash

Been playing this a lot today thanks to this thread. It's really amusing. I should really consider getting joy2key though.

Was'nt able to set up my 360 TE stick how I wanted. Anyone care for a step by step? The game is awesome but crashed about 10 fights into story mode. =(

I've already posted about Dark Presence a few times, and although the arcade run by the devs is real and running, the game hasn't had much media come out in a long time.

But now, I've found a new project to link to whenever someone on GAF posts that they would like to see a modern digitized game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M5mcuHuiIE

Top Bottom