• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shield Reunion on Monday Night Raw (wrestling team, not the FX show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nwi1esPThB1saykaxo2_500.gif

Last night on Monday Night Raw, one of the most explosive teams in all of wrestling got back together for seemingly one night only.

185_RAW_10192015ca_2146-1880079786.jpg

Don’t call it a reunion by any means, but Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns’ first re-teaming since the days of The Shield — against The Wyatt Family, no less — undoubtedly left the WWE Universe misty-eyed with memories of wars past. If only the outcome was better. Somewhat predictably, Ambrose and Reigns got along less than swimmingly with the man who “destroyed” them to strike out on his own, and Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman and a returning Erick Rowan (Luke Harper was suspiciously absent, as was recent Wyatt rival Randy Orton) capitalized in a big way.

Once Rollins left his partners high and dry, newcomer Strowman proved himself invaluable in his largest initiation yet for the Wyatts. He ensnared Reigns in his monstrous bear hug, which forced Ambrose to end the bout via a Kendo-stick inducing disqualification to The Black Sheep’s back. The ensuing brawl ended much better for Reigns than the match had, as he uncorked a pair of Spears to Wyatt and Rowan to end the night and go to hell on a high note.

IEwQ5xZ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LAIk9Gad8

There was a scary moment initially when Dean smacked the World Heavyweight Title out of Seth's hand and onto the mat, potentially igniting this unstable powder keg of a faction but thankfully Seth took it in stride.

tumblr_nwi3i8uq6I1smj7r3o1_500.gif

tumblr_nwi08dr9st1sszpveo3_500.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wondered if this was going to be referencing that Shield... :lol

How nice of them to blow that 'reunion' on a throwaway Raw.

Anth0ny

sad that I knew the title was a troll, but the first shield that comes to mind is the wrasslin shield

tumblr_nwi08dr9st1sszpveo3_500.gif

this was a great moment, crowd popped huge.

I wonder how long until they realize rollins has been a shit champ, ambrose is aimlessly wandering through the midcard and reigns isn't going to be their golden boy until they stop scripting him like cena 2.0.... and they just reunite the shield for reals.

Bandini

Did it end with Ambrose yelling "What about the team, Seth?! What about the team?!" as he got carried away by the Wyatts?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is not the Strike Team, shold have put a warning that it was going to be fake shit nonsense.

The Shield, The Shield and S.H.I.E.L.D. are all fake.

I hope this hasn't shattered your world-view.

I think the most interesting thing about The Shield is the shifting power dynamic. When they first debuted, it was clear that Dean Ambrose was the leader. He spoke the most, held the US Championship, and was face to face with the leaders of The Wyatt Family, Three Man Band, and any other trio they faced. Seth Rollins was his sort of second-in-command while Roman Reigns was the loyal big heavy.

Then suddenly Roman Reigns shifted into the lead role. He stood front and center anytime they were on screen and was pitted against Bray when they faced the Wyatts. In terms of power levels, I don't think anyone can deny that Roman is at the top of the group but now his leadership skills had caught up as well. Rollins was still somewhere in the middle, making a name for himself with flashy high-risk maneuvers. While Dean was now quietly placed into a reduced role.

Last night, it was pretty evident that Rollins was now the top guy amongst the three. It was startling to see just how far Dean Ambrose had fallen when you saw the two on-screen together. Roman is still a credible threat and a believable candidate for the lead spot. Of the three different variations, I'd have to say the original Dean Ambrose-led Shield is still my favorite. But it's still weird, I can't imagine seeing a Luke Harper led Wyatt Family or Big E fronted New Day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the most interesting thing about The Shield is the shifting power dynamic. When they first debuted, it was clear that Dean Ambrose was the leader. He spoke the most, held the US Championship, and was face to face with the leaders of The Wyatt Family, Three Man Band, and any other trio they faced. Seth Rollins was his sort of second-in-command while Roman Reigns was the loyal big heavy.

Then suddenly Roman Reigns shifted into the lead role. He stood front and center anytime they were on screen and was pitted against Bray when they faced the Wyatts. In terms of power levels, I don't think anyone can deny that Roman is at the top of the group but now his leadership skills had caught up as well. Rollins was still somewhere in the middle, making a name for himself with flashy high-risk maneuvers. While Dean was now quietly placed into a reduced role.

Last night, it was pretty evident that Rollins was now the top guy amongst the three. It was startling to see just how far Dean Ambrose had fallen when you saw the two on-screen together. Roman is still a credible threat and a believable candidate for the lead spot. Of the three different variations, I'd have to say the original Dean Ambrose-led Shield is still my favorite. But it's still weird, I can't imagine seeing a Luke Harper led Wyatt Family or Big E fronted New Day.

I can't disagree with any of this. Good breakdown of why this is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom