• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case: Original VS Remake Comparison (PS1 VS PC)

cj_iwakura

A few people requested this, hope no one objects to a new thread since it took a lot of work. :p

Unfortunately, the demo is actually from Chapter 1: Decoyman... and the PS1 version starts at Chapter 0: Lunatics.

So, here's stuff from Chapter 0 & later(PS1) and then some from the demo of the PC version.

PS1 Version

tsc1.gif

(The original opening, originalish resolution.)

(PS1 Title Screens)
(This is how you select between the main chapters and the journalist chapters.)

(PC Title Screen)

(PS1, Chapter 0 Prologue)
(Tetsugoro arriving in his car. Wonder how they'll redo this...)

Comparison of Chapter 1: Decoyman

(PS1)

(PC)

Hope you enjoyed.

It's shaping up to be a great remaster. I just hope we get different backgrounds for the different chapters.

Thanks for the comparisons CJ, great work as always.

Artwork, color palette, everything's looking like how I would want it. I don't doubt they'll continue the same set of aesthetics for each chapter, the one for Decoyman is already as faithful as can be while sprucing up a couple parts of it.

Also I can't get enough of how fucking good the English logo is. I would've thought they'd just keep the original one as is and just add "case" to the title or whatever, but the they made an english version that still fits the look. Just the effort put into little things like that has me pumped.

This was great to see, thanks for going to the trouble!
I'm looking forward to see more backgrounds in the final game, but I am so relieved to see how much original art is restored in the HD version!

cj_iwakura

This game is supposed to be really good, right? Can anyone break it down?

It's the first chapter of the Kill The Past trilogy that continues into Flower, Sun, and Rain and ends on Killer7.

This has even more text than the last two combined.

It's a first person 3D adventure/visual novel that's basically a massive serial crime drama, loosely following the trail of a character from Twilight Syndrome: Kamui Uehara.

cj_iwakura

Artwork, color palette, everything's looking like how I would want it. I don't doubt they'll continue the same set of aesthetics for each chapter, the one for Decoyman is already as faithful as can be while sprucing up a couple parts of it.

It really is. The original looks kind of boring now, heh.

They get fantastic later on. I can't wait to see how they do Parade and Kamuidrome.

tumblr_nomgza9YfY1skns5ho9_400.jpg

tumblr_nmzlcouxpK1skns5ho3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmtylqoPW11skns5ho1_1280.jpg

Tizoc

Good job on the video
I myself am just anxious to play it in full

Hopefully we get fsr by next year

Kyonashi

Also I can't get enough of how fucking good the English logo is. I would've thought they'd just keep the original one as is and just add "case" to the title or whatever, but the they made an english version that still fits the look. Just the effort put into little things like that has me pumped.

Absolutely. The first screen I saw was a little worrying but this looks exactly like what I wanted. The only thing I'd tweak is the top line of text (Ward 24, Decoyman etc.) but that's so minor it's just nitpicking. Can't wait to see the UI in the later parts of the game. Absolute Day One buy for me.

Nice work man. The remake looks even more impressive now seeing how well they've upscaled and improved the resolution of those original art assets so much. It's really slick presentation and a real labour of love.

wait... how are those related?

because I love Hostel Dusk

They're both Japanese Adventure games? Detective/investigative games? Both games have fucking perfect aesthetics (music, story backdrops, character artwork/art direction)? I guess that's it, I dunno where else he got any similarities between them. The Silver Case is obviously errs more on the side of batshit insanity and dips into psychological hell if it's anything like the other Kill The past games, whereas Hotel Dusk/Last Window is more based within a real world setting and has sensible plot twists that focus on the main character in far more subtle ways than Suda's games. I enjoy both style of games, personally.

Joqu

Thanks for the comparison! It looks really good, pretty damn faithful like I was hoping.

Not too big on the font though

cj_iwakura

Remember I was wondering about how this would convert?

CqBNBbSUIAAYdxp.jpg

Got my answer thanks to the PAX Demo. :D

gif.gif

Everything I could have asked for.

Top Bottom