• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case's new scenarios are unplayable on PS4

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, that is really unfortunate. Sounds like NISA is on top of it, though. Hopefully they're able to get the patch out soon.

How did this get a certification?

Cert doesn't cover these things.

miserable

olddays27rbeb.gif

Rellik

How did this get a certification?

How are people still clueless on what certification is?

Sony test the games to make sure they cause no issues with their hardware and software. Like making sure it doesn't brick your console. They're not looking to see if some DLC is included in the game. That's down to those making/localizing the game.

WarRock

Pretty sure you just need to solve a puzzle involving your old internet nicknames and your furniture to access them.

GHound

Or it was shoved out of the door because the bug was discovered close to going gold and could be fixed less expensively with a patch. We don't know either way but there's a tendency on GAF to lazily point the finger at QA every time.

This. As someone who's done QA work on multiple occasions shit like this gets caught all the time and not fixed until a day 1(or later) patch... sometimes never.

How are people still clueless on what certification is?

Truthfully? A lot of it's willful ignorance.

Welp, glad I didn't preorder the PS4 version.

I feel like this is kind of a big deal for long-term/archival purposes, since that means the game as-is on disc is incomplete.

I mean, I'm still in the middle of P5 so this will be fixed by the time I actually get to the game, but it sucks that the only physical version of the game with this content won't be able to access the content years from now.

^I didn't know the epilogues were releasing on PC so I was debating double dipping for PS4 but now I wont be buying the PS4 disc down the line.

ShyMel

Thanks for the heads up. I am playing a few other games at the moment but I'll wait to start this once the bugs are all patched out.

cj_iwakura

The patch is out and does fix it. It's a 1.4GB patch, so someone speculates that means the new episodes weren't even on the disc, lol.
(An OP title edit would be appreciated if someone could.)

The patch is out and does fix it. It's a 1.4GB patch, so someone speculates that means the new episodes weren't even on the disc, lol.
(An OP title edit would be appreciated if someone could.)
Okay, I'm genuinely confused right now. Several reviews for the PS4 port, such as DualShockers and PlayStation LifeStyle, acknowledge the existence of the additional chapters in their play-through prior to the launch of the latest patch fix. The latter specifies their impressions were derived from a digital code provided by NIS America yet remarks from the aforementioned Twitter account also claim the chapter lock glitch occurred in their downloadable copy as well. Does this mean the new scenarios actually are playable on the platform, but an error capable of impacting a "small portion of users" renders them "inaccessible" by chance? Have there been any assessments for the physical version? I'm curious whether re-installing the game data circumnavigates the issue, too. I'm just about tempted to dive into my limited edition copy without a patch to see what happens with the material.

A bug is bad.

Providing exclusive content to the hardware-DRM platform while not providing it for the significantly more-open platform (and DRM-free version available there) should be a shame for those responsible.

cj_iwakura

A bug is bad.

Providing exclusive content to the hardware-DRM platform while not providing it for the significantly more-open platform (and DRM-free version available there) should be a shame for those responsible.

Well, we are getting the new content on PC. Just a question of when. Transmitter finished it. He said it's short(20 minutes tops), but very intriguing. I like what I've seen of it.

It's probably just a giant teaser for Ward 25. I'm so excited about that possibility.

Top Bottom