• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sinking City - PS5 Upgrade goes live tomorrow, February 19th, 2021

Mr Hyde Mr Hyde pointed this out in the PS5 thread, credit to him

(I searched for a thread and didn't see anything, forgive me if old. I also didn't find an OT for the game so wasn't sure if I should bump an old thread or not)

This version, which is now available in Oceania, reveal that this version offers native 4K resolution, 60 FPS gameplay, improved graphical fidelity, faster loading times, and support for the DualSense controller.
There is also a deluxe edition of the game which adds 3 new quests (under the name The Worshippers of the Necronomicon), 3 more quests (under the banner of Merciful Madness), an Investigator Pack (an outfit and a free first aid kit, antipsychotics, and crafting materials), early access to the Chicago Organ Grinder, and an experience boost.

Regarding lack of upgrade for PS4 players:

The PS5 editions are also priced much lower than their PS4 counterparts, with the games also being 30% off on the PlayStation Store for PS Plus subscribers. A free upgrade for the game can’t be offered due to legal issues surrounding the game and its publisher.

I tried the game out in the EA Play vault on PC, I think. It wasn't for me but I know a lot of people liked it.

Last edited:
Wow, if it actually runs at a steady 60 fps that's a major playability improvement. The PS4 version got a bit framey quite often, especially when a bunch of enemies spawned. I enjoyed the game, but I wouldn't say that the investigations required much thinking. Their Sherlock cases were much cleverer. The story and characters are compelling though.

Wow, if it actually runs at a steady 60 fps that's a major playability improvement. The PS4 version got a bit framey quite often, especially when a bunch of enemies spawned. I enjoyed the game, but I wouldn't say that the investigations required much thinking. Their Sherlock cases were much cleverer. The story and characters are compelling though.

When I played it on PC it even got a little framey on my 2070 Super, at the time, from what I remember.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
ezgif-6-09288c92e734qek60.png

Lol at that price.
35€ standard and 45 for deluxe. Already have the deluxe on PS4 and I will absolutely not pay that much money for this game. For 20 I'll bite.

wardener89

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm if it actually runs in native 4k resolution before I decide to buy this game on PS5? And how long is this game? Has anyone played it yet on PS5 because the user metacritic score is like 6.7 out of 10 for PS4 version, so in PS5 how much would you rate out of 10?

faisalasif

Can anyone confirm if it actually runs in native 4k resolution before I decide to buy this game on PS5? And how long is this game? Has anyone played it yet on PS5 because the user metacritic score is like 6.7 out of 10 for PS4 version, so in PS5 how much would you rate out of 10?
The game is running at 4k 60fps which looks to be a native 4K not sure. Got a chance to play the game. I haven't played the full game but here is the short 18 min gameplay for you to decide. The game is looking great in 4K however there is not much upgrade, to be honest.

PS: The does not have HDR. It is recorded with ps5 auto hdr

The Sinking City (PS5) 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay

Editaur

From my experience the PS4 version seems to run at 60 on PS5 without any notable frame drops.

A bit disappointed as I would of bought this version if they didn't have the last gen version on sale a week ago.

Top Bottom