• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection E3 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot 492

Banned
PS Blog first look: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...s3-your-favorite-sly-titles-remastered-in-hd/
The game will feature all three titles in the Sly Cooper series: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus; Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves and Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves. They have all been remastered in HD with up-rezed textures and full 16:9 widescreen rendering to deliver the most vibrant, crisp Sly Cooper experience yet. Sly Cooper 3 will also be playable using the latest 3D televisions, which are extremely cool — I wish there was a way to demonstrate it online, but I think the best thing to do is to swing by your local Best Buy (or whoever) and checkout a demo of the Sony Bravias. It is a very nifty new way to experience the game and from the moment you see it you will be hooked — I know I am! Players will also now be able to earn Trophies as they play through the games and yes, I can confirm officially that there will be three platinum trophies awarded, one for completing each game. We will also be adding a series of cool PlayStation Move mini-games to the collection. We’ll have more information on the mini-games in the coming weeks.

PS2
4750017237_35123de240_b.jpg

PS3
4750017279_0a1cb29da0_b.jpg

PS2
4750017543_3a9234f142_b.jpg

PS3
4750660044_5dabe0c9eb_b.jpg

PS2
4750659866_3e62e1dac9_b.jpg

PS3
4750017487_493bf177ee_b.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks great.
I just played Sly 1 like a year ago and I couldn't help but notice how great it still looked for a PS2 game but with HD and widescreen it will be gorgeous. And of course, it was still pure platforming fun (aside from the dumb mini games). I loved Sly's style of play with the light stealth and precise platforming and climbing, the core gameplay is so much fun.
I really can't wait to play this, I'm very happy that they chose to remake this particular series, Sly is awesome.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
No mention of the framerate. After playing both GOW games @ a near constant 60 fps it's gonna suck to play Sly at anything less than that...

It's 60fps in 2D and 30fps in 3D although that could be improved

I was only able to play the third Sly game, and only very briefly at that. But what I saw looked great, as the first part of the demo featured a boss fight in a bamboo forest. As Sly hopped from tree to tree, I was surprised at how nice the 3D effects looked -- though it should be noted that the game runs at a lower framerate when running in 3D. That's not to say it doesn't look smooth -- far from it. Sly is locked at 30 FPS when running in 3D, though the game rockets to 60 FPS when played in 2D. This, of course, isn't set in stone. Sanzaru still has time to get the game running even faster.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098712p1.html

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GAHHhhhhhhhhh high definition, 60fps, 16:9 and wirelessly controlled Sly Cooper. I need this like NOW. I'm convinced that Sony is doing this just to please me.
I'm almost tempted to play through Sly 1 on the PS2 to tide me over but I guess it's in my best interest to wait for the remake.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if Bluepoint games is working on another HD collection since they're not working on this? One can dream, can't they?

If they are then I hope it's the Team ICO Collection.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BobTheFork said:
I kind of hope all of them are required. I want the platinums to actually be hard to get.

Paying $50+ for an accessory = hard to get? Developers should be selling trophies/achievements as a DLC these days. Oh I shouldn't have mentioned that....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BobTheFork said:
I kind of hope all of them are required. I want the platinums to actually be hard to get.

I think the problem is that some of us won't have the Move when Sly remake comes out and we'll be unable to get all the trophies if the controller is required. I might not have it by then, but then again I never have the patience to get platinums so it probably won't matter either way for me.

I could be wrong but I would expect the Move mini games to be playable with a regular controller so we won't miss out.

DMeisterJ

Banned
When are the third parties going to announce their HD collections? Konami, Capcom, Square? Come on dudes. GoW collection is a million seller (I think they announced that) let's make it happen!

slider

Looking at those PS3 version shots at the top of the page and, bizarrely, that's how I remember the PS2 games looking. Crazy. Well, not really but... yeah.

Synless

DMeisterJ said:
When are the third parties going to announce their HD collections? Konami, Capcom, Square? Come on dudes. GoW collection is a million seller (I think they announced that) let's make it happen!
Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, and Metal Gear Solid remakes would make me drool.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i would pay $100 + for this.

I swear to god.

I want it now.

Synless said:
Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, and Metal Gear Solid remakes would make me drool.
I'd love an Onimusha remake, sure, but when you think about it, unless they totally redid all of the backgrounds, those 640x480 prerendered backgrounds would look like shit blown up to widescreen 720p.

Mush

Bob can go stick a fork up his ass. :p

I do NOT want another Burnout Paradise. That shit is retarded. One trophy away from Platinum and guess what? It's the Mugshot one. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mush said:

I do NOT want another Burnout Paradise. That shit is retarded. One trophy away from Platinum and guess what? It's the Mugshot one. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I used my X360 camera to get that trophy :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mush said:

Quick, let's start a GAF go around with someones PS Eye and mail it around.

TripOpt55

Yeah, I'm in the same situation with that Burnout plat. I just need the camera one... ugh. So obviously I don't want any Move related trophies. Plus the platinums will be plenty tough without Move trophies. The Master Thief Challenges will suffice. Oddly enough if I get a Move that'll be the day I get the Burnout platinum I suppose.

Anyway, all the media so far is from Sly 3 right? I wouldn't mind seeing some screens from one of the other games.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
testament to what a(n) (im)patient guy i am, i'm replaying the first SLY as we speak, and. . . it's even better than i remember. i just game off SMG2, and thought after being blown away with the creativity and level design there that i may be somewhat nonplussed by this, an old favorite. not so--every level is so tightly designed, and when a new gameplay idea is introduced, it's always organic to the situation and doesn't feel contrived. controlling sly is heaven. the game still looks wonderful, and i imagine it always will.

Mrbob

Good price for the package, especially with all the extras. Been holding off on buying Sly games on PS2 for this package.

My only wish is I could buy this package off of PSN.

AAK

They're adding extra PSMove mini games huh?

Ah well, I finished Sly 2 and 3. Glorious games. Just hated how they kept changing Carmelita's voice actress. And they're continuing the same trend with Cole for Infamous. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom