• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Starfield leaker has been arrested - He was also selling stolen copies for $650

Draugoth

Gold Member
starfield-leaker.jpg

In recent days, extensive cuts of Starfield gameplay began surfacing on social media, with one particular leaker standing at the centre of all the attention. Following the uploading of several pieces of content, everything promptly vanished and the Starfield leaker went silent – and now we know why.

It has been claimed that the notorious Starfield leaker was arrested by police in Shelby County, Tennessee on August 24th, and it was subsequently discovered that he may be something of a master thief – or at least, he would be considered such, if he wasn’t caught.

In a post on Reddit, a link to recentlybooked.com revealed a listing for one Darin Tyrone Harris, a 29-year-old male booked for alleged possession of marijuana and two charges of theft of property.

F4UBVKMXsAAdUxu.jpg

Following Harris’ arrest, savvy online investigators tracked down a Mercari profile that’s allegedly linked to the would-be master thief. On this profile, the user – who others are claiming is Harris himself – has been or is selling up to 1000 items, many of which are bulk bundles of brand-new merchandise.

And what’s at the top of this Mercari page?

He was selling a string of Starfield copies all up for sale, some of which were selling for as much as $650
. In an ongoing discussion, it has been claimed that Harris worked in a warehouse, which is how he came by so many brand-new, mint-in-box products.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can’t wait for Tosh.0 to bring him in as a guest

Ozriel

M$FT
Imagine having a gig where you steal stuff from the warehouse and sell. Doing it in stealth mode so you don’t attract attention.

Then you smoke weed and decide to steal an unreleased, anticipated title made by a company that loves to trot out lawyers, put an attention grabbing video on the internet and draw focus on your profitable scam.

Such a dumbass move

ReBurn

Gold Member
Reminds me of these idiots who have a shitton of weed in their car and get busted because the dumbass ran a stop sign.
I watched a video the other day of a guy who ran a stop sign while driving a stolen car with the owners body in the trunk. He gave the cop a fake name just before handing over actual id. You'd think these people would be so careful to not bring attention to themselves but here they are living like nobody is going to notice.

Tripolygon

Banned
Who unironically names their son Tyrone?

It's like THE meme name for lower class black people in the USA, isn't it?
For someone who's GAF name is Patrick, it's ironic you don't know Tyrone is an Irish name. It's not a meme name for lower class black people. How did you even come to that conclusion? It is popular amongst black Americans because there were some famous black Tyrones over the years which lead to the name being popular.

Topher

Gold Member
I watched a video the other day of a guy who ran a stop sign while driving a stolen car with the owners body in the trunk. He gave the cop a fake name just before handing over actual id. You'd think these people would be so careful to not bring attention to themselves but here they are living like nobody is going to notice.

lol......someone's been playing too much GTA is what I think.

Patrick S.

Banned
For someone who's GAF name is Patrick, it's ironic you don't know Tyrone is an Irish name. It's not a meme name for lower class black people. How did you even come to that conclusion? It is popular amongst black Americans because there were some famous black Tyrones over the years which lead to the name being popular.
Well I've seen hundreds or maybe thousands of "Tyrone" posts on 9gag. Tyrone seems to be the default name people use whenever there's a post about a black guy. What I'm saying is, if it's really such a meme, I'd never name my kid that. It's like naming your son Gaylord or Dick, is what I meant haha.

If that use of "Tyrone" is purely a 9gag thing, then it's a nothingburger of course. I was thinking about what we call "Kevinism" here in Germany, which is actually kind of an interesting phenomenon.

Tripolygon

Banned
Well I've seen hundreds or maybe thousands of "Tyrone" posts on 9gag. Tyrone seems to be the default name people use whenever there's a post about a black guy. What I'm saying is, if it's really such a meme, I'd never name my kid that. It's like naming your son Gaylord or Dick, is what I meant haha.

If that use of "Tyrone" is purely a 9gag thing, then it's a nothingburger of course. I was thinking about what we call "Kevinism" here in Germany, which is actually kind of an interesting phenomenon.
Don't get your cultural facts from 9gag. It's just a popular Irish name used by black people, has nothing to do with class or status.

Top Bottom