• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Starfield leaker has been arrested - He was also selling stolen copies for $650

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some people actually received their Starfield copy from Tyrone so you gotta at least respect him for that!!

Poor one out for the homie, he wasn't scamming individual buyers at least.

pou_7153.png

Last edited:
A name is just a name,it doesn't reflect the type of person you will become.😱😱😱🙄🙄🙄
Names influence your behavior, there's a lot of research on this. Basically people's expectations of what their names are associated with (such as masculine vs feminine names or dominant vs passive names) will influence how they are prone to act when called a certain name. We see similar behaviors with roles and most traits that represent your identity.

hussar16

What a fool.he had a great scheme making huge money stealing from his workplace and would stil be if not he exposed himself for a early videogame

Tedditalk

Names influence your behavior, there's a lot of research on this. Basically people's expectations of what their names are associated with (such as masculine vs feminine names or dominant vs passive names) will influence how they are prone to act when called a certain name. We see similar behaviors with roles and most traits that represent your identity.

The research on that does not identify how the name affect the behavior exactly beyond peer pressure. Making assumptions further than that Is really affirmation of one bigotry at that point.

Good, it's morally bankrupt to charge people more just to play it early.

So anyway, who's getting the premium edition with 5 days early access?

Topher

Gold Member
Good, it's morally bankrupt to charge people more just to play it early.

So anyway, who's getting the premium edition with 5 days early access?

It is not morally bankrupt to offer a choice. And yeah, I bought the premium edition with 5 days early access and the story expansion that comes later. And the rest....

Starfield-Steam_DigitalPremium_VanityImage_616x347-02.jpg

Last edited:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He should be arrested and punished regardless but wtf was he thinking listing all those items he stole from the warehouse, online for the world to see?

Who unironically names their son Tyrone?

It's like THE meme name for lower class black people in the USA, isn't it?

Yeah, I can laugh at the Tyrone meme jokes, just like I would at the Karen ones, but what a weird take.

Just because this dude, or a handful of other miscreants of society having the same name, doesn't mean the vast majority of the people who are good, hardworking, law abiding citizens, with the same name, fall in the same stereotyped category. It's the same for white women and the name "Karen", and before you ask, no, it's not a "lower class white woman who ask for managers" name.

Where does class even factor into naming a child whatever they want, in a free society?

bigdad2007

Who unironically names their son Tyrone?

It's like THE meme name for lower class black people in the USA, isn't it?
It’s Memphis TN, one of the absolute worst places when it comes to black poverty/crime. If you had ever been you would not be surprised by this story.

The Stig

For someone who's GAF name is Patrick, it's ironic you don't know Tyrone is an Irish name. It's not a meme name for lower class black people. How did you even come to that conclusion? It is popular amongst black Americans because there were some famous black Tyrones over the years which lead to the name being popular.
nah

99% of users here know how tyrone sounds and it isnt the irish pronounciatian.

Last edited:
I dont know who gives a shit about marijuana anymore. Class D Felony Theft is between $2500 - 10k. Twelve years seems harsh for that, but I doubt he will get sentenced for anywhere near that. He will probly bribe the judge with a copy of the game.

Additionally, they found three handguns and marijuana. Harris allegedly informed the police that he didn’t steal the games but had bought them from another individual.
Law Enforcement tracked down Harris on August 24th, and he was subsequently released on $10,000 bail, with a court date set for September 8th.

He's already free!! Where is the gofundme page?

Tripolygon

Banned
fuck off.

99% of users here know how tyrone sounds and it isnt the irish pronounciatian.
How it sounds to you does not change the etymology of the name dumbass. Neither does how it sounds make it a lower-class black name just because you are a prejudicious fuckwit who thinks a black sounding name is lower class. I suggest you crawl back under the rock you crawled out of pissant.

How the Irish pronounce Tyrone, go on, tell me it's different from how black people pronounce it.

Last edited:

Codeblew

I dont know who gives a shit about marijuana anymore. Class D Felony Theft is between $2500 - 10k. Twelve years seems harsh for that, but I doubt he will get sentenced for anywhere near that. He will probly bribe the judge with a copy of the game.

Additionally, they found three handguns and marijuana. Harris allegedly informed the police that he didn’t steal the games but had bought them from another individual.
Law Enforcement tracked down Harris on August 24th, and he was subsequently released on $10,000 bail, with a court date set for September 8th.

He's already free!! Where is the gofundme page?
I had to do a drug test a couple of years ago for a job and they didn't even test for it.

The Stig

How it sounds to you does not change the etymology of the name dumbass. Neither does how it sounds make it a lower-class black name just because you are a prejudicious fuckwit who thinks a black sounding name is lower class. I suggest you crawl back under the rock you crawled out of pissant.

How the Irish pronounce Tyrone, go on, tell me it's different from how black people pronounce it.

sorry i must have been in a bad mood.

Top Bottom