• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Robot Wars Z2 |OT| The Last Bastion of Sprite Animation (56k watch out)

hteng

Banned
Ken said:
Is weapon level the last item in the upgrade menu: HP/EN/Armor/Mobility/Accuracy/Weapon Level?

yes it should be, when you upgrade you should see all your weapons attacks are increasing.

Ken

How do I beat Scenario 39? Whenever I destroy one of the big ships, I get the game over screen.

Shouta

39? The Last Red Shoulder mission? The one where you are limited to Robots M or Lower? Or Did you miscount the scenarios?

Ken

Shouta said:
39? The Last Red Shoulder mission? The one where you are limited to Robots M or Lower? Or Did you miscount the scenarios?

Oh might not be 39 since I can bring Aquarion. I start out the shore and all the enemies spawn in an ocean. Godmars is auto-deployed. Whenever I destroy the big ship, the pilot of the ship says something and the Godmars pilot also says something before the Game Over screen.

Scenario 41 I think according to the Tactical Situation window.

Shouta

Then that's 41.

Have Takeru in Godmars convince the battleship that Marg is on first then you'll be able to shoot it down without causing a game over.

Ken

Shouta said:
Then that's 41.

Have Takeru in Godmars convince the battleship that Marg is on first then you'll be able to shoot it down without causing a game over.

How do I convince the battleship?

xero273

looks like there is a scan out there with what bonuses we get for having a clear save in z2.2

gamefaqs said:
Having the following:
Clear save
Complete scenario chart
Multiple laps (maximum 10)

Will give us bonus in Saisei-hen:
Money
PP
Kill Count
Items (laps not affected)

Shouta

It seems Saisei-hen bonuses are based on several factors.

Money, PP, Kill counts are based on Game Clear, Complete Scenario Chart, and number of times played through the game up to a maximum of 10.

Parts are only affected by the Game Clear and Complete Scenario Chart.

Ken

Thanks for the help guys. On Scenario 44 now, almost there to the end.

Out of curiosity, is the
Re-GZ and any Code Geass R2 KMFs like the Shen Hu and Knights of Round KMFs
in this game?

xero273

Ken said:
Thanks for the help guys. On Scenario 44 now, almost there to the end.

Out of curiosity, is the
Re-GZ and any Code Geass R2 KMFs like the Shen Hu and Knights of Round KMFs
in this game?

R2 stuff will be in the next game. not sure what units they are bringing from R2 though. Re-Gz
isn't in this game.

Ken

So the last boss on scenario 50 took me out.

What's the two dialogue options for Crowe right before the fight?

I ran out of SPs for Hot Bloods before I could get his health down to half. By the time I got him to 20k, Aquarion was my only attacker left and the boss just took out the Ptolemaios ending the game. So is there any way to resupply SP efficiently or even in the same way as EN?

Any tips for beating him? Most of my team is around levels 47-51.

squall23

Gaioh's asking what you want. Do you want to protect Earth or do you want to fight a strong opponent. If you choose the 2nd one and you confirmed it at the next question, you get Gaioh at level 99.

Zengar

Ken said:
So the last boss on scenario 50 took me out.

What's the two dialogue options for Crowe right before the fight?

I ran out of SPs for Hot Bloods before I could get his health down to half. By the time I got him to 20k, Aquarion was my only attacker left and the boss just took out the Ptolemaios ending the game. So is there any way to resupply SP efficiently or even in the same way as EN?

Any tips for beating him? Most of my team is around levels 47-51.

IIRC, the 1st option is: "Looking for world peace" and the 2nd one is :" looking for a stronger opponent". If you choose the 2nd choice, there will be another 2 options, choose the 2nd one again and the final boss is harder at level 99.

As for the final boss, I didn't have any difficulty beating it but if you have troubles, my advice is: Don't waste Sp for the mini bosses, just spam the strongest attacks on them without using Hotblood and Use the "Confuse" spirit. Also, the pilots of the Ptolemaios (Sumeragi from gundam 00), Pansa (Sarah from King Gainer), Nivarsh (Eureka from Eureka 7), DaiGuard (Ibuki), Macross (Cathy) all have the SP for restoring 50SP.

Ken

Who has confuse?

Since I lost the scenario, is there a way I can exit back to the setup menu whiile keeping the money and EXP I got?

Zengar

Ken said:
Who has confuse?

Since I lost the scenario, is there a way I can exit back to the setup menu whiile keeping the money and EXP I got?

Rihiti (The dude from Ptolemios), Jonny (Dancouga Nova), Mitsuki (Sol Gravion), Lelouch (or maybe CC)

IIRC, when you are game over, the game will automatically return to the setup menu, with the money and EXP of course.

Katbot

I'm pretty sure kill count carries over.

I'll be curious to see if beating lvl 99 Gaioh unlocks any bonuses in Z2.2

On a side note, I'm playing SRW D right now, and it's actually pretty sweet. Chiptuned "Stand Up to the Victory" and "Heats" are a fun listen.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Ken said:
Finally beat the last boss.

Is there anything new in New Game+? Does anything carry over?

Kill counts carry over in full.

Money and PP for each character carries over, but only a certain percentage, if you're only on the 2nd or 3rd run. On the 4th run, they carry over in full.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So apparently there's a circulating rumor that some ZEUTH units won't return in Z2-2. I know it's hard to believe, especially with Daimos being it.

I want it to be true tho :C

Ken

On my third play through now going for Alto's Tornado pack. Tohdoh's Zangetsu has some pretty cool looking moves now that I started using him.

Roommate got this and some other ones for psp.

Saw a vid of this game and spritegasm o_O.

Haven't really played a nontranslated game since snes days though... How accessible is this?

I feel like it shouldn't be too bad because I've played the OG ones and the translated ones and know a fair bit of robot anime stuff ;P

Don't know anything about this version though besides the shows in. Any unique systems? How's the difficulty? What's the key thing to upgrade in this game (usually seems to be sp is a good thing to go). Any good 'story'/mission objectives translations around? Gamefaq guide seems a bit bare.

Frosteey

Neo Member
There's nothing super special I don't think, and it's not really hard if you aren't going for challenge points (and the points really do not do much, unlike in the OG games). If you go for points it can be a lot tougher. I guess the most interesting thing is the sub-order option between maps. You can send undeployed pilots to earn money or experience and stuff. Not huge but nice to have them do something productive.

Best skills for pilots are probably the one to start a map with +10 morale, hit and away, and continuous attack.

Dash is always nice, b- or e-save as necessary, predict. Ignore size is really good if the pilot's best attack doesn't do it already. SP Up is fine for more supporty pilots but it's not something you'll find room for on everyone probably.

I'd say in general the status effect immunity one and all of the other morale boosts aren't really worth the investment. Attack Again either requires some investment into Skill to work against bosses, or is probably inferior to continuous attack against anything else, so I never like it much.

---

For robots, just do whatever. Weapon, dodge/guard, and hp/en in that order probably make the biggest impact overall. It's really not hard to just super pump a few units that will clear out whole waves if that's how you want to go about things. The weapon range +1 full upgrade bonus is pretty entertaining for that. But really it's not that hard that you can't just spend money however.

---

Sort-of walkthrough and menus- http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z2

Story (not very far, but I don't know of anything more complete)- http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~mneideng/srwz2h.txt

Ken

chickdigger802 said:

Haven't really played a nontranslated game since snes days though... How accessible is this?

I feel like it shouldn't be too bad because I've played the OG ones and the translated ones and know a fair bit of robot anime stuff ;P

Don't know anything about this version though besides the shows in. Any unique systems? How's the difficulty? What's the key thing to upgrade in this game (usually seems to be sp is a good thing to go). Any good 'story'/mission objectives translations around? Gamefaq guide seems a bit bare.
Not too difficult to get into with the translation guide posted above. After awhile, I memorized most of the commands and just went through without the guide.

hteng

Banned
chickdigger802 said:

you'll need to know what does every single spirit command does. And what are the mission objectives.

knowing what each buyable pilot skill does is very important as well.

you'll also need to familiar yourself with Terrain/Weapon rank advantages/disadvantages.

Top Bottom