• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Swapper is a brilliant puzzle game (that got mostly ignored)

I'm not one for puzzle games most of the time. They're either too obtuse and difficult or repetitive and boring.

How hard is this one for someone who sucks at the genre? I could download it and play it if I cared to.

Peff

I'm not one for puzzle games most of the time. They're either too obtuse and difficult or repetitive and boring.

How hard is this one for someone who sucks at the genre? I could download it and play it if I cared to.

It depends. The game only has the one mechanic, so you know you can always solve any puzzle at any time, but that doesn't mean it's simple or easy. Late game puzzles can be quite mind-bending.

It's definitely worth a try even if you don't finish it, though. Great stuff.

It depends. The game only has the one mechanic, so you know you can always solve any puzzle at any time, but that doesn't mean it's simple or easy. Late game puzzles can be quite mind-bending.

It's definitely worth a try even if you don't finish it, though. Great stuff.

Okay. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I just don't like starting things I can't finish, and don't like guides.

Mathieran

Banned
I really enjoyed this game save for I think 2 or 3 puzzles that I had to look up solutions for. The solutions seemed kind of ridiculous even after knowing what to do. But otherwise I loved most of the puzzles (lots of light bulb switching on moments), the atmosphere, story, and the graphics style.
I would definitely recommend this one.

Apoc29

There were times I solved the puzzle probably in a way the developer didn't intend, like really meticulously positioning the guy just so he could sneak in line-of-sight through a crack or something and cheese it. That's not a knock against the game though; I'm glad some puzzles may have more than one way of solving them.

Trojan

This was one of my favorite games of last year when it released on PS4. Super creepy atmosphere and thought the story was great. Excellent puzzles as well.

FaceTurn

I was ok with all the cloning and swapping but that ending really made me think about everything I did prior to that point.

Loved it so much. Amazing atmosphere, puzzles that really made you think, and an ending that was phenomenal. Would love to see a sequel

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was ok with all the cloning and swapping but that ending really made me think about everything I did prior to that point.

That was what really set the game apart for me. It's already a brilliant puzzle game in its own right, but they managed to fit in the mechanics into the story, and make that aspect intruiging as well. To this day I'm still so impressed by this game. Really one of the standouts of the last few years.

I really enjoyed this game save for I think 2 or 3 puzzles that I had to look up solutions for. The solutions seemed kind of ridiculous even after knowing what to do. But otherwise I loved most of the puzzles (lots of light bulb switching on moments), the atmosphere, story, and the graphics style.
I would definitely recommend this one.

I feel the same but I enjoyed my time with this game. I also really liked the crossave. I probably played this game on Vita, PS4 and PS3 on the same day because I just wanted to find out where the story was going.

thenexus6

I played via PS+ and enjoyed it. Got stuck on a few puzzles.

I would've not a single trophy without a game though, those hidden areas are nuts.

Mifune

Mehmber
Just finished this last night. I loved it.

I didn't look up any of the solutions either. Just bashed my head against the wall for a while, stared at the empty puzzle room for a while, and then experienced that epiphany moment. And for the couple hard ones that people mentioned earlier in the thread, the solution was much simpler than I initially though.

Beautiful game. Great art, atmosphere, and puzzles. I didn't totally love the narrative but it did pull me through and left me with a lot to think about. Enjoying the story more on a replay, I'll say that much. It just felt a little too obtuse the first time through but I wouldn't call that a flaw.

GodofWine

I wish I didnt half suck at puzzle games, I got stuck fairly far through this, really need to 'cheat' and finish it. The story and mood were really awesome.

Top Bottom