• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children - New gameplay videos.

Damerman

Gorgeous looking game but why does every game need shooting. I'd be much more interested if it didn't have that.

i think that is a vital part of the life cycle of the game. Monsters come, you kill them, they become voxel terrain that you mine for resources, build a town, rinse and repeat. I think the shooting in this game is probably the most warranted in any game ever.

teiresias

Gorgeous looking game but why does every game need shooting. I'd be much more interested if it didn't have that.

How else will you harvest Robot Legs that are inexplicably used to craft Grass Skirts that then are a component of a Heat Can that you then use to melt ice into stairs?

Thanks. It's nice to see so much info on a game that was announced not too long ago.

I was shocked when the release date was announced to be early 2015.

So April/May maybe?

Alpha is hitting in a few weeks according to the creator. So we should start getting a lot of information soon. This is a solid start. The technology within the engine should be celebrated. Its a hell of an engine.

How else will you harvest Robot Legs that are inexplicably used to craft Grass Skirts that then are a component of a Heat Can that you then use to melt ice into stairs?

Just opening a hidden treasure chest would be SO much more fun lol

But the shooting is optional

The whole idea of the game is that it's basically a communist version of Minecraft. You have all these things that you can do and you get paid for doing any of those things. You get to do nothing but explore and mine while the "soldier" players deal with any threats if you want.

TP-DK

The art design of the playable character reminds me of that girl from Moomins. And she was nightmare material.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks good but i wonder if it's a full 60$ retail product or downloadable title. Also i'm having doubts i would like this since i have never managed to get into a minecraft style title.

This game looks good but i wonder if it's a full 60$ retail product or downloadable title. Also i'm having doubts i would like this since i have never managed to get into a minecraft style title.

Devs stated the game is nothing like Minecraft really.

It is more a socially connected game where you perform actions for points from the Minister of Labor and you use those points to buy various things for yourself or the town you are in. You share the town with 50-100 other people and have to build it up and try to make it survive and be successful. I believe eventually even voting for a Mayor of the town who will make further big decisions that could make the town even more successful or destroy it through incompetence ( i believe further votes can kick the Mayor out though, so there can be bribes and dirty politics within town too ).

You protect the town against invasions and things of that nature. You can either participate directly with your town, or not. But your actions will still influence the town somewhat.

Das-J

Law of the West
That coal dust is gonna give her problems later in life...

Looks great though and I love the concept!

The lighting is absolutely bonkers.

Only thing is all the videos have shown it to be a relatively sparse environment which is fine but I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours building my home in a porcelain tank.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Man the more I look at it. Q-Games have really stepped up to the plate big time when it comes to the graphics - visual art style.

I am seeing great things from "indies" this gen.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Devs stated the game is nothing like Minecraft really.

It is more a socially connected game where you perform actions for points from the Minister of Labor and you use those points to buy various things for yourself or the town you are in. You share the town with 50-100 other people and have to build it up and try to make it survive and be successful. I believe eventually even voting for a Mayor of the town who will make further big decisions that could make the town even more successful or destroy it through incompetence ( i believe further votes can kick the Mayor out though, so there can be bribes and dirty politics within town too ).

You protect the town against invasions and things of that nature. You can either participate directly with your town, or not. But your actions will still influence the town somewhat.

Very interesting ,the social stuff seems amazing. I just hope this game has more structure than minecraft style games, i think i read you can even buy perks. Also those 50 to 100 people are all on a town at the same time? Could i potentially see a bunch of other players running around because that seems cool.

Wow. This game looks like came out of Octane Render.

i7XZR9KYptWpE.png

delSai

Looks really good. Watched the Gamescom Trailer like 50 Times, i hope this will be the Game where People online play together as team, and not just run around alone like in other "Team Based" Games. I'm hyped and will buy.

Shin-Ra

If there's a good sense of danger/reward from tunnelling deep into things, with that atmospheric lighting. Oh my.

The things you might find in a monster's stomach and brain.

If that's really actual gameplay footage in the second and third videos, then i'm mighty impressed. More importantly it look's unique and fun to play.

Game looks incredible.

I hope I get in the alpha! Q-Games pls!

Sorry for shitty quality gifs

bllx0nd.gif

The material hear is dead on beautiful.
v1Pmx3p.gif

edit: edited to reiterate how unique and cool the artstyle in this game is. Can't wait to hear more of the music, which Q-games has never faltered on.

Top Bottom